DDJ SR2 - No Audio Output

Yona 6:54 PM - 4 October, 2017
System Specs

Mid 2012 MBP
OS 10.10.5
SDJ - 1.9.8
DDJSR2 utility/driver ver. 1.0.0
firmware 1.0.1

When I power on the controller I get the message "error communicating with device. make sure the correct drivers are installed" The DDJSR2 Utility shows the device as connected.

Transport controls are functional. Hot Cues, Loops, Play/Stop, Platters, Track Load, Instant Doubles etc. However there is no audio from any outputs. The Channel and Master LEDs are't indicating any audio.

Here is what I have tried to trouble shoot the issue.

1. All the steps here - support.serato.com

2. Restart Computer

3. Try different USB port

4. Try different USB cable

5. Use power cable w/ USB cable(s)
Yona 7:37 PM - 4 October, 2017
Just opened submitted a help request. What I meant to do in the first place. If anyone else is having issues with their SR2 please chime in.
DJ Tecniq 10:37 PM - 4 October, 2017
Did you make sure you have firmware?
DJ Tecniq 10:49 PM - 4 October, 2017
Latest firmware*
DJ Tecniq 10:52 PM - 4 October, 2017
Did you make sure to install the driver from here? You need the Yosemite driver since you're on 10.10
DJ Tecniq 11:25 PM - 4 October, 2017
DJ Tecniq 6:21 AM - 5 October, 2017
Quote:
System Specs

Mid 2012 MBP
OS 10.10.5
SDJ - 1.9.8
DDJSR2 utility/driver ver. 1.0.0
firmware 1.0.1

When I power on the controller I get the message "error communicating with device. make sure the correct drivers are installed" The DDJSR2 Utility shows the device as connected.

Transport controls are functional. Hot Cues, Loops, Play/Stop, Platters, Track Load, Instant Doubles etc. However there is no audio from any outputs. The Channel and Master LEDs are't indicating any audio.

Here is what I have tried to trouble shoot the issue.

1. All the steps here - support.serato.com

2. Restart Computer

3. Try different USB port

4. Try different USB cable

5. Use power cable w/ USB cable(s)
Did you figure it out at all bro? I have the same controller but haven't tried mine out yet or connected it...dad life lol
DJ Steve T 2:36 AM - 12 October, 2017
Hey there, I am also getting this issue. At first I could only get the browse to work between the controller and Serato DJ. But that was it and if I hit play on the controller, the button stayed constant green and in Serato the play button would turn blue but nothing happened. After a few emails with a tech lead, I had told him everything I had done. But the last few days I have not had a response so I kept at it and one of his comment was output should not be this way in something I had changed in trying to figure things out.

In control panel, device manager, - audio output and input - you will have two ddjsr options (dejar & dejar line) I disabled the one that did not say audio line in. So I believe the first one is line out.
In control panel - I went into sound and checked and I think even made a change there.
In control panel - Realtek - made sure Reaktek was default out and the other tab for the sound card to default communications.

Now, I can turn the controller on and Serato DJ and use them in conjunction and it works. The first time I didn't get that driver error you are getting. But since I restarted my comp i will get that error and stillborn know why. Hopefully the tech guy will figure that out.

The now problems, still get the drivers error, and when playing tracks, I get this clipping sound and realized the the volume meter that shows next to the dials keeps peaking out and hitting red no matter how much I turn the trim and we'd diwn. I hooked up a self powered speaker to the booth but all my other meters show green. There must be something I am missing or someplace else I can turn the track volume down.

Also, if I play with the Fed's too much, the software freezes and I have too close and restart. I hope that is because of those meters hitting red and clipping so the software is saying over load.

Hope this helps you.
DJ Tecniq 3:47 AM - 12 October, 2017
Sounds like some windows driver issues. I'm on Mac and everything works fine. Make sure you download the correct drivers from here www.pioneerdj.com
DJ Steve T 1:24 PM - 12 October, 2017
I have downloaded and uninstalled and reinstalled I don't know how many times. In the trouble shooting it shows the drivers for the DDSX2. That got rid of the audio error I was getting but I have not actually tried that since I made my other changes and got the controller to actually work fully with the software. I will have to maybe uninstall the sr2 drivers and try the sx2 drivers and see if that works. Since I made my other changes, my issues still show a driver error but the track meters next to the dials are so high even though the master and booth are turned down. The master in the top right corner stays in low green but I have noticed in the top right corner also near the minimize/close there is a little light that constantly turns orange and red and that is when the music is clipping. The tech guy I was dealing with was helping me figure it out and now, nothing from him in three days. Either he is very busy, on vacation or ignoring me, lol.
DJ Tecniq 5:42 PM - 12 October, 2017
Quote:
I have downloaded and uninstalled and reinstalled I don't know how many times. In the trouble shooting it shows the drivers for the DDSX2. That got rid of the audio error I was getting but I have not actually tried that since I made my other changes and got the controller to actually work fully with the software. I will have to maybe uninstall the sr2 drivers and try the sx2 drivers and see if that works. Since I made my other changes, my issues still show a driver error but the track meters next to the dials are so high even though the master and booth are turned down. The master in the top right corner stays in low green but I have noticed in the top right corner also near the minimize/close there is a little light that constantly turns orange and red and that is when the music is clipping. The tech guy I was dealing with was helping me figure it out and now, nothing from him in three days. Either he is very busy, on vacation or ignoring me, lol.
Which windows OS are you using?
DJ Tecniq 5:43 PM - 12 October, 2017
And which SDJ version are you using?
DJ Steve T 1:16 AM - 15 October, 2017
The drivers for the ddj-sr2.
DJ Steve T 1:17 AM - 15 October, 2017
Windows 10 home
DJ Tecniq 7:59 AM - 15 October, 2017
Quote:
Windows 10 home
Are you using the latest version of SDJ?
DJ Steve T 2:17 AM - 22 October, 2017
Yes I am. Just can't figure out why the sound is clipping.
DJ Tecniq 10:15 PM - 22 October, 2017
Quote:
Yes I am. Just can't figure out why the sound is clipping.
And your master output volume in SDJ isn't too high? Have you tried using auto gain?
DJ Steve T 11:44 PM - 22 October, 2017
The master output volume at the top Right in SDJ, Is only in the green on the meter. But the meters that are next to the dials are hitting red or sometimes higher. I have tried turning the auto gain on and off and tried adjusting the DB's. I have even tried adjusting the buffering in the driver area. Still get the clipping. Just have not gotten around to hitting up support again.
DJ Tecniq 4:26 AM - 23 October, 2017
Quote:
The master output volume at the top Right in SDJ, Is only in the green on the meter. But the meters that are next to the dials are hitting red or sometimes higher. I have tried turning the auto gain on and off and tried adjusting the DB's. I have even tried adjusting the buffering in the driver area. Still get the clipping. Just have not gotten around to hitting up support again.
Very odd I have the SR2 w/Mac and have none of these issues. Maybe your unit is defective?
DJ4yu 12:15 PM - 23 October, 2017
My is up and running
DDJ-SR2 + Windows 8 pro + SDJ 1.9.8 everything working fine.
Neoprene Kitty 6:31 AM - 17 November, 2017
Hi,
II am having the same communication problem with my new DDJ-Sr2 using my Mac.

I have tried to call Pioneer for troubleshooting/assistance last two days (17 & 16 Nov). On both occasions I call through at 4.55pm and get shunted to "out of assistance hours 9-5 mon to fri" voice recording.

Got the DDJ last week and uploaded all the serato software onto my laptop and drivers for my Mac as per the instructions provided with the mixer.

Just keep getting same error message When I power on the controller and connect my laptop (Mac) I get the message "error communicating with device. make sure the correct drivers are installed"

Here is what I have tried to trouble shoot the issue:
1) Restart Computer (didn't work)
2) Try different USB port (didn't work)
3) Try different USB cable (I don't have another cable mine is brand new to of the box from the mixer)
4) Use power cable w/ USB cable (I don't know what this means)
5) calling Pioneer (no answer just voice recording).
6) logging case now here on serato.
7) deleting and then re-installing the drivers on my Mac as per Pioneer instruction (didn't work)

Please help, I have spent maybe 10 hours on this now trying to fix it all week!

****Operating system is Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1 updated last week just for this.

Kate
DJ Tecniq 1:13 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
Hi,
II am having the same communication problem with my new DDJ-Sr2 using my Mac.

I have tried to call Pioneer for troubleshooting/assistance last two days (17 & 16 Nov). On both occasions I call through at 4.55pm and get shunted to "out of assistance hours 9-5 mon to fri" voice recording.

Got the DDJ last week and uploaded all the serato software onto my laptop and drivers for my Mac as per the instructions provided with the mixer.

Just keep getting same error message When I power on the controller and connect my laptop (Mac) I get the message "error communicating with device. make sure the correct drivers are installed"

Here is what I have tried to trouble shoot the issue:
1) Restart Computer (didn't work)
2) Try different USB port (didn't work)
3) Try different USB cable (I don't have another cable mine is brand new to of the box from the mixer)
5) calling Pioneer (no answer just voice recording).
6) logging case now here on serato.
7) deleting and then re-installing the drivers on my Mac as per Pioneer instruction (didn't work)

Please help, I have spent maybe 10 hours on this now trying to fix it all week!

****Operating system is Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1 updated last week just for this.

Kate
What version of SDJ are you using? The SR2 only works with 1.9.8 or above.
DJ Tecniq 1:28 PM - 17 November, 2017
Quote:
There’s also a power/ac adapter that came with your SR2 it connects to the back of the unit and wall outlet then try connecting the usb cable to your Mac.
DJ Tecniq 1:34 PM - 17 November, 2017
And make sure you download the driver from here www.pioneerdj.com
DJ Tecniq 1:36 PM - 17 November, 2017
Read here for proper install. High Sierra has new security features. pdj-ecom-cdn.azureedge.net
DJ Steve T 9:57 PM - 17 November, 2017
I switched to my wife's laptop with windows 7. I was still getting the error as Neoprene Kitty. Serato support said that is a false negative and meaning it isn't true nor effects to performance or anything. My problem now is that using the controller, I can scroll my library and pick and load a track to SDJ. But when I hit play, nothing happens. The play button illuminates in SDJ but that us it. Now trying to figure out what system area needs to be changed. On the desktop I was recently using, I changed in device manager area, audio- had ddj Sr line and ddjsr line in. I disabled the line one and it worked. But windows 7doesnt have that option. Still waiting on support to get back to me on thus issue.
Neoprene Kitty 11:10 PM - 17 November, 2017
Hi DJ Tecniq,

Thanks heaps for your response! I have SDJ 1.9.10.
Everything is powered up using the power cable provided with the controller, controller light flashing etc, no power up issues. But still no communication with the controller.

Also did everything as per the known issue with OS High Sierra blocking SDJ. But this doesn't happen for me aka nothing is being blocked (I have followed all those instructions listed on
pdj-ecom-cdn.azureedge.net troubleshoot page but nothing is blocked for me aka when I open “Security & Privacy” on my Mac I DO NOT see the message as per the troubleshoot: "System software from developer "Pioneer DJ Corporation" was blocked from loading. "

My drivers I have installed and uninstalled numerous times as per the instructions on:
www.pioneerdj.com

Still no connection :(:(:(:(:(
Neoprene Kitty 11:22 PM - 17 November, 2017
This morning when I connected the DDJ to my laptop to try for the zillionth time for yet another attempt to connect, the Serato software "my Serato" panel said "SDJ-SR2 Detected- Driver update now available- please install" so I clicked, downloaded and installed the driver update.... STILL SAME COMMUNICATION ERROR "Error communicating with device- please ensure correct drivers are installed"
:C :C
I am going to lose the will to live is I can't scratch some vinyl soon Hahahahaha
DJ Tecniq 2:50 AM - 18 November, 2017
Quote:
This morning when I connected the DDJ to my laptop to try for the zillionth time for yet another attempt to connect, the Serato software "my Serato" panel said "SDJ-SR2 Detected- Driver update now available- please install" so I clicked, downloaded and installed the driver update.... STILL SAME COMMUNICATION ERROR "Error communicating with device- please ensure correct drivers are installed"
:C :C
I am going to lose the will to live is I can't scratch some vinyl soon Hahahahaha
That’s very odd my suggestion is maybe roll back to reg Sierra with a clean install? I have the SR2 but still on Yosemite and haven’t had any issues connecting or playback. Gotta be something that happened when updated to High Sierra.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 1:58 AM - 20 November, 2017
Hey all

Can anyone with an issue please click the green Open Help Request button to the right of the reply box and explain exactly what is going on for you.

This is highly strange, so our friendly support team should be able to get you up and running.

Cheers
Matt
Neoprene Kitty 7:19 AM - 20 November, 2017
Thanks Matt c. I've already logged an open case with your team, heard back on Sat but not since, no solution yet but hopefully I will hear back from them again soon. Pioneer guys on the phone couldn't resolve yet either. Hope I can fix this communication issue really soon! Please let me know if there is someone I can call or bring the equipment to in Melbourne area!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Matt-C 8:21 PM - 21 November, 2017
Thanks Neoprene Kitty.
I'll look into this again tomorrow with the team to see the progress, the weekend is normally the busiest time of the week, so it can take an extra few hours to get to everyone. Hopefully they'll be back with you today.

Cheers
Matt
DJ Matty D 3:56 AM - 22 November, 2017
I'm having the same issues. I just started my own personal help thread. I don't know what's going on. The error message that comes up every time I connect my SR2 to my computer is:

Error loading MIDI Xml /user/mds202/Music/ScratchLIVE/MIDI/Xml/AUTO_SAVE.xml

and then:

Error: Failed to connect audio

There is nothing in the MIDI folder.

I have the latest Serato software, High Sierra, and downloaded all the drivers. It should be fine, but it will not connect.
DJ Tecniq 5:19 AM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
I'm having the same issues. I just started my own personal help thread. I don't know what's going on. The error message that comes up every time I connect my SR2 to my computer is:

and then:

I have the latest Serato software, High Sierra, and downloaded all the drivers. It should be fine, but it will not connect.
Sounds like a high Sierra issue considering you’re using High Sierra as well.
DJ Matty D 5:29 AM - 22 November, 2017
Well even if that's the case, there needs to be a work around for that. I was totally fine with Yosemite, but the DDJ drivers weren't compatible, so I had to upgrade.
DJ Tecniq 6:40 AM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Well even if that's the case, there needs to be a work around for that. I was totally fine with Yosemite, but the DDJ drivers weren't compatible, so I had to upgrade.
That’s actually incorrect as I’m using Yosemite with the SR2 and downloaded the Yosemite driver.
DJ Tecniq 6:42 AM - 22 November, 2017
Scroll down for Yosemite driver www.pioneerdj.com
TKzzz 7:57 AM - 1 December, 2017
Hey, I'm also having this issue for some reason. I'm running Windows.
Tried reinstalling, different ports, pretty much everything attempted in this thread. Hopefully we can get to the root of the issue?
DJ Tecniq 9:22 AM - 1 December, 2017
Quote:
Hey, I'm also having this issue for some reason. I'm running Windows.
Tried reinstalling, different ports, pretty much everything attempted in this thread. Hopefully we can get to the root of the issue?
Make sure you use SDJ 1.9.8 or above. The SR2 is not supported for anything lower.
TKzzz 4:48 PM - 1 December, 2017
Quote:
]Make sure you use SDJ 1.9.8 or above. The SR2 is not supported for anything lower.

I did update my Serato last night actually (was having trouble for like, 2 hours with the SR2 not even being recognized), but after I updated it I had the issues that the OP is having, where the music will "play" and the button will work but there is no sound coming anywhere--headphones, speakers, nowhere.
DJ Tecniq 6:05 PM - 1 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
]Make sure you use SDJ 1.9.8 or above. The SR2 is not supported for anything lower.

I did update my Serato last night actually (was having trouble for like, 2 hours with the SR2 not even being recognized), but after I updated it I had the issues that the OP is having, where the music will "play" and the button will work but there is no sound coming anywhere--headphones, speakers, nowhere.
Check the line/Phono switches on the back.
TKzzz 7:40 PM - 2 December, 2017
Quote:

I did. I'm still having the exact same issues that OP is having, regardless of the switches or my Serato being updated to the latest version. It still says there was an "error communicating with device."

Any other suggestions?? I really don't know what to do next.
DJ Tecniq 3:47 PM - 3 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I did. I'm still having the exact same issues that OP is having, regardless of the switches or my Serato being updated to the latest version. It still says there was an "error communicating with device."

Any other suggestions?? I really don't know what to do next.
What operating system are you using?
TKzzz 5:43 PM - 3 December, 2017
Quote:
What operating system are you using?

Windows 10 Pro.
DJ Tecniq 7:21 PM - 3 December, 2017
Quote:

I noticed the error is for Scratchlive? But aren’t you using Serato DJ? Gotta be some system file issues going on.
RennieB 1:01 PM - 9 December, 2017
Same issue with my ddj sr2. How can this be fixed?
RennieB 1:02 PM - 9 December, 2017
using the latest driver and the firmware that came with the unit. The website has no new firmware when connected I see there was an error communicating with the device,
DjABoogie 9:30 PM - 20 December, 2017
Has there been a resolution? I just got a DDJ-SR2 and getting the same error connecting to device issue with both my Mac and PC Laptop

2015 MBP iOS 10.13.1
&
HP running Windows 10
Updated drivers and updated Serato on both. Even tried the hold shift+play while turning on controller to make sure it’s in Serato mode trick and still nothing.
Someone please update if you have any new results. Much appreciated in advance. What is the other resolve, get a different controller?
DJ Tecniq 9:40 PM - 20 December, 2017
Quote:
Has there been a resolution? I just got a DDJ-SR2 and getting the same error connecting to device issue with both my Mac and PC Laptop

2015 MBP iOS 10.13.1
&
HP running Windows 10
Updated drivers and updated Serato on both. Even tried the hold shift+play while turning on controller to make sure it’s in Serato mode trick and still nothing.
Someone please update if you have any new results. Much appreciated in advance. What is the other resolve, get a different controller?
I don’t think the controller is the problem. Most Pioneer users seem to have a lot of connection issues w/Serato which is prob the operating system causing the trouble. All i can think is Update your operating system (all updates) restart the computer and retry uninstalling/installing the drivers.
DjABoogie 9:58 PM - 20 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

2015 MBP iOS 10.13.1
&
HP running Windows 10
I don’t think the controller is the problem. Most Pioneer users seem to have a lot of connection issues w/Serato which is prob the operating system causing the trouble. All i can think is Update your operating system (all updates) restart the computer and retry uninstalling/installing the drivers.

I’ve updates everything. I think the issue is only this model Pioneer the SR2
When I try my DDJ SB it works just fine with all the updates
RennieB 10:35 PM - 20 December, 2017
Mine is also updated I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but it doesn't fix the issue.
jackdhouse 10:45 PM - 20 December, 2017
Quote:

and then:

So basically Serato is looking for the file AUTO_SAVE.xml which isn't there.

On my Windows install of Serato DJ...that xml file is located at /users/Randy/Music/_Serato_/MIDI/Xml/AUTO_SAVE.xml

Depending how comfortable you are navagating around Windows, you might want to:

Do a search of the c: drive and find where that AUTO_SAVE.xml file is located and copy and paste it to your /user/mds202/Music/ScratchLIVE/MIDI/Xml/ location. That way it can find the file its looking for.
NUdisc0 4:44 AM - 21 December, 2017
Lol maybe DJ Tecniq's ddjsr2 is the only one that works.
DJ Tecniq 5:54 AM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
Lol maybe DJ Tecniq's ddjsr2 is the only one that works.
I’m on a Mac w/Yosemite still i think you’re right...

youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 5:57 AM - 21 December, 2017
I blame most users issues on the operating systems. Esp High Sierra. As for Windows who knows it has many software driver issues there’s no telling.
DJ Tecniq 6:01 AM - 21 December, 2017
And maybe it’s just Serato software I’ve read tons and tons of connection issues w/the software it’s a shame Scratchlive isn’t still relevant it never had any of this shit happening.
DJ Steve T 6:02 PM - 21 December, 2017
I noticed in Pioneer's website for the SR there is a link to download the firmware. But, I did not see a link for firmware for the SR2, does that automatically download when you hook up the controller to the computer? Maybe that is part of the issue is that no one or just my, lol, downloaded firmware for the SR2?
DJ Tecniq 6:09 PM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
I noticed in Pioneer's website for the SR there is a link to download the firmware. But, I did not see a link for firmware for the SR2, does that automatically download when you hook up the controller to the computer? Maybe that is part of the issue is that no one or just my, lol, downloaded firmware for the SR2?
Good question there is actually no firmware for the SR2 that is currently available all it needs is the driver.
DJ Tecniq 6:14 PM - 21 December, 2017
I never had to perform a firmware update. Now however i have had connection issues with Serato not wanting to load up at times but I’d just shut the program down then retry and it would connect. Overall i think the software has connection issues i don’t think they’ve seen to figure it out or resolve these conflicts. On that note i would be trying everything to get my controller to work like completely reinstalling the OS/drivers. If that for sure doesn’t work than it’s the unit itself.
DJ Steve T 6:27 PM - 21 December, 2017
Well, I was told by Serato that the check to make sure drivers message is a false-negative and it still works with no problems. I went from using an older desktop to a semi older laptop. I had to mess around in the sound area of the control panel and got the software to work and all meters were at good levels. Since turning the comp and controller off for a few days as I was busy and went back and now it does the same stuff it was doing when I thought I had fixed it myself. My problem now is I can load a track in and it reads it but the wave form doesn't show now and when I hit play the blue play button in SDJ lights up but the track does not play. Although, I can use the scroll button and functions on the controller but nothing else. Which now makes me wonder about the firmware question I brought up.

I will be getting a better laptop very soon but in the mean time...geeesh, lol
DJ Steve T 6:28 PM - 21 December, 2017
Will prob uninstall everything again tonight and see what happens.
DJ Tecniq 7:34 PM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
I will be getting a better laptop very soon but in the mean time...geeesh, lol
what are the specs of the laptop you’re trying to use it with?
DJ Steve T 7:48 PM - 21 December, 2017
HP w/ windows 7 and a stupid AMD 64x2 processor. The laptop I am getting hopefully in the next few weeks will have windows 10 and i5 processor.
DJ Tecniq 7:57 PM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
HP w/ windows 7 and a stupid AMD 64x2 processor. The laptop I am getting hopefully in the next few weeks will have windows 10 and i5 processor.
No wonder bro Serato has series issues with AMD processors i think the only issue is the laptop. An i5 or i7 at best is required for the SR2. AMD processors have been really problematic with Serato.
DJ Tecniq 7:57 PM - 21 December, 2017
Serious*
DJ Steve T 8:01 PM - 21 December, 2017
Yea I hear ya man. Just waiting till the end of the year to replace and get away from the these AMD's. Just trying to make it work till then. Hopefully with windows 10 and an i5, it will work, fingers crossed.
DJ Tecniq 8:32 PM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
Yea I hear ya man. Just waiting till the end of the year to replace and get away from the these AMD's. Just trying to make it work till then. Hopefully with windows 10 and an i5, it will work, fingers crossed.
I have one last suggestion and i believe I’ve helped another user with this before. Since it’s an AMD processor try and update any of the drivers from the manufacture (including any video card drivers like AMD) restart the computer and retry.
DJ Tecniq 8:33 PM - 21 December, 2017
And read through this if you can
support.serato.com
DJ Tecniq 8:37 PM - 21 December, 2017
Def check this link as your AMD may need to be updated. Hope it at least gets you to connect.
support.amd.com
RennieB 9:38 PM - 21 December, 2017
I am using i5 and it still happens it isn't a laptop issue
DJ Tecniq 10:02 PM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
Wasn’t talking about you that was for DJ Steve T as his machine is under spec for the controller.
DJ Tecniq 10:05 PM - 21 December, 2017
Quote:
As for your issue did you try connecting the usb cable and the plug the unit in from the back while Serato is offline?
monkeyfunk 2:09 PM - 28 December, 2017
So just checking in, is the long and short of it is going to buy an S or two? Or rollback OS to y osemite ensure it works?
DJ Steve T 4:17 PM - 28 December, 2017
RennieB - make sure you go into the control panel / device manager / audio and make sure if you have a Line-In - it is disabled and leave only line enabled. then go into the sound area of your control panel and in the playback tab it shows your sr-2 as ready and in the recording area it shows sr-2 as ready. If you have a line-in, disable it. Hopefully that works for you.
monkeyfunk 5:56 PM - 1 January, 2018
Any idea on how to get an SR2 working with we around? Should be straightforward no?
DJ Tecniq 7:10 PM - 1 January, 2018
Quote:
Any idea on how to get an SR2 working with we around? Should be straightforward no?
What operating system are you on and what version of SDJ?
monkeyfunk 7:22 PM - 1 January, 2018
1.9.10 and Sierra. About to downgrade to Yosemite
monkeyfunk 1:03 PM - 2 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
What operating system are you on and what version of SDJ?

Thanks for any advice you can give. Would you recommend a full downgrade of OS or is there another path?
DJ Tecniq 4:53 PM - 2 January, 2018
Quote:
Thanks for any advice you can give. Would you recommend a full downgrade of OS or is there another path?
Did you make sure to download the driver
www.pioneerdj.com
DJ Tecniq 4:53 PM - 2 January, 2018
Did you try other USB ports?
Rheyval 10:10 PM - 4 January, 2018
Hey guys i've run into the same problem. literally hooked the SR2 up to my Mac today.

Running OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
SDJ 1.9.10
firmware 1.01

furious amounts of uninstalling drivers and reinstalling hasn't gotten me anywhere =(
SR2 is 'connected' according to the Serato window but falls short as it also keeps saying 'error communicating with device'. it was working before i analysed all my tracks and now it appears to only play the same song from the headphones and speakers. nothing from other channels unless i move the fader.

went through all the trouble shooting jargon and has not proven any use =(((
RennieB 10:13 PM - 4 January, 2018
Where did you get firmware 1.01?
DJ Tecniq 10:24 PM - 4 January, 2018
SR2 has no firmware... however try installing 1.9.6 and retry that’s the version i use except on Yosemite.
monkeyfunk 10:25 PM - 4 January, 2018
Quote:
SR2 has no firmware... however try installing 1.9.6 and retry that’s the version i use except on Yosemite.

That’s a good idea. But no higher than Yosemite?
DJ Tecniq 10:26 PM - 4 January, 2018
My bad I’m on 1.9.8 that’s the official version that the SR2 started support for. Also check the Pioneer DJ page and make sure you downloaded the driver for “El Capitan or later OSX”
Rheyval 10:38 PM - 4 January, 2018
just tried 1.9.8 and i'm still getting the same results. the driver is the same and everything is slowly coming up a huge bust. Serato Gods help us all. reading that updating to High Sierra is not helping at all makes me fear for this controller altogether...
monkeyfunk 10:54 PM - 4 January, 2018
This is insane. Two leading industry standard releases aren’t compatible, and neither can suggest a fix?

Why does the MacBook touchbar 16 work out of the box and a previous MacBook doesn’t?

Am about to try a clean install.
DJ Tecniq 12:01 AM - 5 January, 2018
Quote:
This is insane. Two leading industry standard releases aren’t compatible, and neither can suggest a fix?

Why does the MacBook touchbar 16 work out of the box and a previous MacBook doesn’t?

Am about to try a clean install.
I think it’s the OS X cause I’ve rarely seen these connection issues with Yosemite however High Sierra El Capitan are known for this. Then again it could just be the software I’ve had connection issues before. Everything went to shit when SDJ showed up. Scratchlive ftw!🙌🏼
Rheyval 3:23 PM - 5 January, 2018
Tried 1.9.8 again for a 2nd install and has got the same issue of showing 'error connecting device'. however it's magically working and i'm fearing to change SDJ back to 1.9.10
Comrade Tulayev 5:22 PM - 5 January, 2018
I've recently started using Serato DJ with a SR2 and Windows 10 laptop. I get the "error communicating with SR2" message when connecting, but everything appears to work OK
DJ Tecniq 8:11 PM - 5 January, 2018
Quote:
Tried 1.9.8 again for a 2nd install and has got the same issue of showing 'error connecting device'. however it's magically working and i'm fearing to change SDJ back to 1.9.10
Stick with 1.9.8 i think the new version has connection issues or something. Glad it’s working. Enjoy it👍🏼
TKzzz 11:00 PM - 6 January, 2018
I'd also like to report that I downgraded to 1.9.8, and regardless of the error message, I still have it working. Weird.
monkeyfunk 2:50 PM - 8 January, 2018
Downgraded to El Capitan and 1.9.8, and now working (though with a drivers warning message).

Thanks DJ Tecniq
DJ Tecniq 10:07 PM - 8 January, 2018
Quote:
Downgraded to El Capitan and 1.9.8, and now working (though with a drivers warning message).

Thanks DJ Tecniq
Odd but glad it’s working for you👍🏼
Zenon Marko 5:39 PM - 26 January, 2018
Glad to find this discussion.
I just bought a new DDJ-SR2.
Every time I connect, I also see the error on Serato DJ.

When connecting or turning on the DDJ, I first see this message Serato DJ's left bottom corner:

"DDJ-SR2 hardware connecting. This can take up to a minute"

A few seconds later, this error appears:
"Error communicating with device. Please ensure the device drivers are installed"

Usually that message disappears after a few seconds, and all seems to work fine.
A few times the controller never established connection with Serato DJ; I would have to try again (cycling power on/off with controller, or restarting Mac).

I spoke with Pioneer support; nothing much to offer there.

What's this about a "false positive"? Is everyone getting this message and just living with it? It does not inspire confidence to see that error message every time, even though the controller seems to be working fine once it does connect.

I've gone through all the trouble-shooting steps I could find.
faq.pioneerdj.com
support.serato.com

Tried different cables, different USB port, disconnected all other devices.
Ran general utilities (Onyx) also on the Mac.

One other random problem, which was particularly bad the first day, is that the left deck randomly goes into and out of "Auto Loop" mode. You could see the button turn on and off, sometimes flickering quickly, both on the controller and on Serato DJ.
Today it's behaving. Right deck works fine.

I also have a Denon DS1 and that works perfectly with Serato DJ.

Do I have a lemon controller?

Any advice much appreciated.

Specs:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Latest Serato DJ (1.9.1)
Latest Pioneer driver (2.0)
DJ Tecniq 5:50 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
Glad to find this discussion.
I just bought a new DDJ-SR2.
Every time I connect, I also see the error on Serato DJ.

When connecting or turning on the DDJ, I first see this message Serato DJ's left bottom corner:

"DDJ-SR2 hardware connecting. This can take up to a minute"

A few seconds later, this error appears:
"Error communicating with device. Please ensure the device drivers are installed"

Usually that message disappears after a few seconds, and all seems to work fine.
A few times the controller never established connection with Serato DJ; I would have to try again (cycling power on/off with controller, or restarting Mac).

I spoke with Pioneer support; nothing much to offer there.

What's this about a "false positive"? Is everyone getting this message and just living with it? It does not inspire confidence to see that error message every time, even though the controller seems to be working fine once it does connect.

I've gone through all the trouble-shooting steps I could find.
faq.pioneerdj.com
support.serato.com

Tried different cables, different USB port, disconnected all other devices.
Ran general utilities (Onyx) also on the Mac.

One other random problem, which was particularly bad the first day, is that the left deck randomly goes into and out of "Auto Loop" mode. You could see the button turn on and off, sometimes flickering quickly, both on the controller and on Serato DJ.
Today it's behaving. Right deck works fine.

I also have a Denon DS1 and that works perfectly with Serato DJ.

Do I have a lemon controller?

Any advice much appreciated.

Specs:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Latest Serato DJ (1.9.1)
Latest Pioneer driver (2.0)
I think your issue may be OS X related cause I’m on Yosemite and don’t have that problem with auto loop button. Your specs are more than enough so that’s ruled out. By chance did you update to Sierra or was this a clean install of the OS X?
monkeyfunk 6:12 PM - 26 January, 2018
Roll back Serato
Zenon Marko 9:33 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
I think your issue may be OS X related cause I’m on Yosemite and don’t have that problem with auto loop button. Your specs are more than enough so that’s ruled out. By chance did you update to Sierra or was this a clean install of the OS X?

I indeed updated to Sierra (not clean install).
So far today running loops all day long, and no issues with the AutoLoop.
So maybe all the housekeeping of the computer I did helped.

Could there be a keyboard shortcut on the Mac itself that was triggering the Auto Loop on and off? Maybe dirty key on the PowerMac keyboard? Not sure if there is a default key set for that.

Any ideas on the other issue, that disconcerting error message on connection :
""Error communicating with device. Please ensure the device drivers are installed""

Even though it - usually - works fine after this, I'm concerned to have a problem on a gig.
Zenon Marko 9:33 PM - 26 January, 2018
Quote:
Roll back Serato

Earlier version?
Which one is best for Sierra?
DJ EvaFrass 7:11 AM - 27 January, 2018
Hi , guys I’m still having this problem, I tried rolling back seratobut nothing happened same problem
DJ Tecniq 7:51 PM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:
Hi , guys I’m still having this problem, I tried rolling back seratobut nothing happened same problem
Try SDJ 1.9.8 which is the official support version for the SR2.
DJ EvaFrass 7:54 PM - 27 January, 2018
Still not working, only loads deck and allows me to play for a min then sdj freezes the starts to lag
RennieB 3:11 AM - 28 January, 2018
try record box dj, if still the issue it is the controller
DJ Tecniq 6:56 AM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
good point. I would def do that to and if RB is the same then it’s a defective deck and you need to call the retailer where you purchased or Pioneer and get a new unit.
DJ EvaFrass 10:15 AM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
good point. I would def do that to and if RB is the same then it’s a defective deck and you need to call the retailer where you purchased or Pioneer and get a new unit.

I did. But I only have This problem with ddj sr2, I tried connecting to a brand new sr2 and got the same thing
DJ Tecniq 7:54 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
I did. But I only have This problem with ddj sr2, I tried connecting to a brand new sr2 and got the same thing
what OS X are you running? That’s really odd
DJ EvaFrass 8:00 PM - 28 January, 2018
High s
Quote:
Quote:

macos high sierra 10.13
DJ Tecniq 8:06 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
High s
Quote:
Quote:

macos high sierra 10.13
did yo try disabling WiFi? I was also under the impression Serato has not made it public to update to High Sierra. It sounds like the OS X is causing your issues i would roll back if i were you.
DJ EvaFrass 8:19 PM - 28 January, 2018
It started acting up when I was on el cap
DJ Tecniq 8:26 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
It started acting up when I was on el cap
Did you make sure you downloaded the correct driver? El Capitan and Sierra are not exactly stable however i believe a clean install of the OS X would maybe rid th problems you’re having.
DJ Tecniq 8:30 PM - 28 January, 2018
I’m not saying it “can’t” be stable but there’s been various reports of El Capitan/Sierra having problems with Serato and then there’s a group that hasn’t. Which is why i think a clean install (starting fresh) is the best move. But that’s just me cause i can’t take chances at gigs with that shit happening so i look for the beer decision possible. I don’t care about any new OS X at the moment. New doesn’t always mean better.
DJ Tecniq 8:30 PM - 28 January, 2018
Best*
Robert Butler 1:18 PM - 27 May, 2019
DDJ SR2 IM ALSO HAVIN THE SAME PROBLEM. AND ALSO AS WELL WHEN I HIT THE FX BUTTON IT CRASHES AS WELL. NO FIX OR NO REPLY BACK FROM SERATO. NEED NEED FOR THIS TO BE FIX. PAYING A LOT OF MONEY FOR DJING EQUIPMENT,AND CANT EVEN BREAK EVEN CAUSE CANT DO A GIG BECAUSE OF STUPID STUFF LIKE THIS
Laz219 1:42 PM - 27 May, 2019
This thread probably still isn't even relevant. It's more than a year old.
Start a new thread and maybe describe your issue clearly, not in caps.