Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Mac OS High Seirra with Serato DJ? Does it work?

DJ MiNi MoTo 5:55 PM - 4 October, 2017
So I just bought a new MacBook and it came on High Seirra and I downloaded Serato on it and it seems to work. What are you guys experiences with High Seirra? Im just worried its gonna crash at a show...
pdidy 1:02 AM - 5 October, 2017
Quote:
Im just worried its gonna crash at a show...

So you updated to it anyway ? media.giphy.com
DJ MiNi MoTo 1:54 AM - 5 October, 2017
No, I bought a MacBook Pro and it came with it! I tried to downgrade but apple is no longer signing the software... luckily I have another MacBook not on high seirra...
Serato, Support
Mitchell C 3:18 AM - 5 October, 2017
Hey there,

At the moment we are currently still in testing for high Sierra.

As we don't officially support high sierra, it's recommended that for now that you possibly stick with the machine currently not on High Sierra until we release a statement that advises we do.
DJ MiNi MoTo 5:49 PM - 5 October, 2017
Quote:
Hey there,

At the moment we are currently still in testing for high Sierra.

As we don't officially support high sierra, it's recommended that for now that you possibly stick with the machine currently not on High Sierra until we release a statement that advises we do.

Thank You!
Supagee 4:04 PM - 6 October, 2017
i have been using it with my controller and an S9 and i have had no issues at all
EO 8:14 PM - 29 October, 2017
I updated to osx high sierra, this is the last video of Pioneer DDJ SX2 to play with videos was frozen the image but still sounding the audio of the video, this image freeze only lasted about 3 or 4 minutes and still working normal, the audio I worked fine only that failure in the videos ...

regards
Daz411 7:58 PM - 4 November, 2017
Upgraded to High Sierra, using SDJ 1.9.9 with a Pioneer DDJ SZ and no issues at all. Works perfectly.
DJ Tecniq 8:00 AM - 8 November, 2017
High Sierra is officially supported in the latest version of SDJ now.
DJGAVT 1:37 PM - 8 November, 2017
Does this mean that MacBooks with a touch bar will now work with SDJ?
Joe Fresh 2:00 PM - 8 November, 2017
I tested Serato DJ 1.9.10 on a fresh install of High Sierra 10.13.1 on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. I used a DJM-S9 mixer and turntable DVS setup, with all expansion packs activated except for video (Pitch n Time, Flip, Sampler, etc.) To push the system a little harder, I left Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on and had a Netflix movie streaming in the background in Chrome. The S9's firmware and drivers were current versions.

No problems to report. Everything worked flawlessly, as it did before upgrading the OS.

The next step is to test on a controller (I have a DDJ-SX) and other hardware setups (a Club Kit mixer like the DJM-900Nexus, two CDJ-2000Nexus players connected via HID mode, etc.). I'll report back when I've finished testing those out.
John Calipari 3:01 PM - 8 November, 2017
I have had Zero issues since the first 10.13.1 Developer Beta 1 in both stand-alone and with controllers.

I am now on 10.13.2 Beta 2 and still rock solid.

2015 15" MBPr

I'm going to do a clean install of the OS when Ableton Live 10 Drops early next year.
popnwave 3:46 PM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:
I have had Zero issues since the first 10.13.1 Developer Beta 1 in both stand-alone and with controllers.

I am now on 10.13.2 Beta 2 and still rock solid.

2015 15" MBPr

I'm going to do a clean install of the OS when Ableton Live 10 Drops early next year.

Now we are finally getting into High Sierra looking interesting to me. Need to bump up my SSD on my mid 2012 (from 256 to 1TB) so after xmas I might finally make the jump.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:51 PM - 8 November, 2017
Mid 2014 MBPr

High Sierra + Rane 62 + Denon SC5000 = No issues to report
Joe Fresh 9:50 PM - 11 November, 2017
Ran SDJ 1.9.10 on High Sierra 10.13.1 last night on a DDJ-SX for 3 hours. No problems.
(2016 MBP w/ Touch Bar)
Andy Byrne 10:12 AM - 13 August, 2018
Quote:
I tested Serato DJ 1.9.10 on a fresh install of High Sierra 10.13.1 on a 2016 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. I used a DJM-S9 mixer and turntable DVS setup, with all expansion packs activated except for video (Pitch n Time, Flip, Sampler, etc.) To push the system a little harder, I left Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on and had a Netflix movie streaming in the background in Chrome. The S9's firmware and drivers were current versions.

No problems to report. Everything worked flawlessly, as it did before upgrading the OS.

The next step is to test on a controller (I have a DDJ-SX) and other hardware setups (a Club Kit mixer like the DJM-900Nexus, two CDJ-2000Nexus players connected via HID mode, etc.). I'll report back when I've finished testing those out.

Hey did you ever test out hight Sierra with the CDJ-2000 nexus in HID mode?