Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Is the TTM57 MKII being phased out?

DJ_PHAZE 12:20 PM - 2 October, 2017
I've been looking to purchase a TTM57 MKII, but it seems like it's been discontinued and not being stocked. Does anyone have any news about the continued support of this product? The 60-series is already considered "Legacy" by RANE. How long before we have to junk the MKII or the 60 series after spending almost 2k for the technology? How much longer will the Serato DJ platform be compatible with this hardware?
Despo 1:18 AM - 3 October, 2017
the 60 series will work until they stip updating the drivers
Prestoe 4:17 AM - 3 October, 2017
There is no reason you won't be able to use these for a long time, Windows supports old drivers, serial ports etc so not much becomes obsolete in the PC world.

If you have a Mac i would imagine you'd have problems in the coming releases of Mac OS

Mac owners should be used to bending over for Apple by now so no surprises there.
DJ_PHAZE 9:57 AM - 3 October, 2017
Quote:
If you have a Mac i would imagine you'd have problems in the coming releases of Mac OS

Mac owners should be used to bending over for Apple by now so no surprises there.

Isn’t that a universal truth? I sent a message to Rane asking the same thing. Let’s see if Rane corporation and Serato are on the same page.
DJMIYAGI 8:58 PM - 3 October, 2017
Quote:
I've been looking to purchase a TTM57 MKII, but it seems like it's been discontinued and not being stocked. Does anyone have any news about the continued support of this product? The 60-series is already considered "Legacy" by RANE. How long before we have to junk the MKII or the 60 series after spending almost 2k for the technology? How much longer will the Serato DJ platform be compatible with this hardware?

Rane is currently working on rolling out hardware since the purchase from inMusic. They recently brought back the SL4 and MP2015. The 57MKII is still a current product and not officially discontinued, yet. It was the replacement for the Sixty-One, so it may come back, it may not. I can tell you it is a very nice mixer as I own one, but honestly I jumped the gun and should have waited for the Seventy-Two. All about personal preference at the end of the day.
DJ Tecniq 9:09 PM - 3 October, 2017
Currently the online online shop that has it. I'd contact them asap for special pricing store.djtechtools.com
DJ_PHAZE 2:35 AM - 4 October, 2017
@DJ Miyagi: Thanks for the info. I was considering the 72, but who knows when it'll get to Brazil, and I think the 72 is too similar to the S9 for my taste. I LOVE my TTM 57SL, so getting the MK2 is perfect for me and my style of mixing. I'm just hoping that I dont have to shell out another fortune in flights and purchasing another mixer any time within the next 6 years.

@ DJ Tecniq: Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and copped the MK2. I saw the techtools deal, and I think the mixers they have are b-stock or open box. I got a brand new still in box joint. Hopefully there aren't different build versions like in the original 57SL.
Cnspeace 2:10 PM - 16 October, 2017
I have a 57mkii for sale. I am going to go ahead and grab the seventy two. Have it pre ordered. $1000 + shipping with skins, excellent shape, willing to throw in Launch Control XL. I love my mixer, but I am really prepped for the 72 and can't keep both.
DJ_PHAZE 9:18 AM - 13 November, 2017
I ended up buying the MK2 brand spankin new during my last trip to the US. Too bad the flight cases for them are so bulky! I couldn't wait for the 72, plus I need to A/B test the gear when in finally comes out before considering the purchase.

So far, I am loving my MK2! It's all the stuff I love about the 57SL but more user-friendly and the key features that I use are more easily accessible. I'm looking forward to touring with it.