Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Scanable Jackets

CyrilM 9:38 PM - 27 September, 2017
G'day, I'd like to print some jackets on paper, to have the material sensations we had before.
It could be nice if we could be able to slide them into the deck and play its song(s).

If we can do so on credit-card size, I'll be able to use my collection card wallet, fantastic!

The idea is the printed jacket had its own flashcode, QRcode, datamatrix, anywaycode (kidding)... , and then two solutions :

SOLUTION 1 : WEBCAM
Show the code to your webcam, and the associated song will be automatically dragged into the available deck. So simple.
With a Serato code generator, data stored inside the code are : The artist Name and The Title of the Song and the Path, and the Hash (MD5) of the File. And finally you print it! So simple.

SOLUTION 2 : SCAN DEVICE ON EACH DECK, ON THE CONTROLLER
Same idea as solution 1, but you choose directly the deck you want to put that song.

You could make typical codes associated on "Pyro". Or dedicated code to the song mixed with the account ID, to be able to play songs without login. Very interesting on places without Internet if the song is synced on the computer.

Like CD's, Several songs on a jacket :
In this case, just do like a regular Audio CD on Serato, make a crate containing the songs, and the user will manage. If the controller had a display on the deck, you can show the contain, and allow the user to pick the song he wants to play on it.

See my prototype of a Card on this link : www.dropbox.com

DJ CYRENO from Paris.

Cheers