Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Crates missing songs after upgrade to 1.5

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
prof. rockwell 5:37 PM - 15 June, 2006
OK, did a search for this, and didn't find any that matched my exact problem with a solution. Soooo: recently upgraded to 1.5 from 1.4 - no problem there. Then I had a problem with my computer and had to do a clean install of my OS (OS X 10.4). After reinstalling all my apps and preferences, all my crates are empty!

To clarify: the crates are all still there labeled as they were, song files are still under "All" and in my music folder, and still play fine in SSL. But my crates are all still empty! I don't want to have to go through 2000+ songs and refile them in their proper crates. I tried deleting the .crate files, reinstalling SSL1.4 and then upgrading to 1.5 to no avail. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:02 PM - 15 June, 2006
Hello prof.rockwell,

How did you back up all your files?
When you go to your music folder/Scratchlive/crate folder/crate file, do you see any information?
prof. rockwell 5:21 PM - 16 June, 2006
Hey Zack,

For backup, I copied my whole Scratchlive folder onto my external HD that I keep at home. As for my folder this is what I have:

music/Scratchlive/crates

I still have all my ".slc" files in the main SL folder, and then the corresponding ".crate" files in the Crates subfolder.

It's just strange because the first time I upgraded to 1.5 my crates transferred fine, and then after having to reinstall my OS the crates transferred but not the songs in them.
nobspangle 5:46 PM - 18 June, 2006
what are the filesizes of the crates? (.crate files)
A crate with 100 tracks should be around 50KB
prof. rockwell 7:06 PM - 19 June, 2006
Quote:
what are the filesizes of the crates? (.crate files)
A crate with 100 tracks should be around 50KB

most were around 4kb. I assumed I lost them and have since re-done my crates. Annoying, yes, but worth it to delete dupes and get my crates a little more precise-like. I was having all kinds of problems (not just SSL related) so did a backup and another clean OS install.
Serato
Josh 5:34 AM - 3 July, 2006
nice work, oh well I guess I can resolve this...