Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

File format for my 4 Tb hard drive

roachk 10:33 PM - 14 September, 2017
It on its way to me as we speak should be here next week, I think I going to go with NTFS, is the best choice? I think my hard drive on my Alienware maybe a little too full so I will sort that out and use my 4Tb thats coming to me as we speak. This will be my last chance with Windows 10, I was not happy last gig with it almost freezing never did but I was so nervous serato completley stopped (the digital turntables)the music kept playing tho and then after 6 seconds tops serato started again now it never did stop or die my lab top but I can't work like that I don't remember Mac once doing that.

Alienware R3 17 Inch Laptop
Windows 10
Serato Dj Serato DJ 1.9.8
Serato Video
DJ Tecniq 3:44 PM - 15 September, 2017
Serato just seems to run smoother on a Mac. I'm surprised you're even having luck with video on a windows machine. Most don't.
Culprit 4:50 AM - 16 September, 2017
your good with FAT32 if you need to switch between operating systems.
lvmez 8:27 PM - 16 September, 2017
Fat32 is painfully slow when it comes to large file transfers. That's my only issue with it. Ive used paragon when needed Mac to Window transfer.
roachk 10:57 PM - 16 September, 2017
Its ex fat the format which i now know is good for switching operating systems so i am formatting the 3 terabyte to a good windows format and installing another 1 tb drive on my alienware its like ssd and having some music on it and serato on my smaller ssd drive along with windows operating system. I will try that and see what happens thanks for the replies i look forward to mac tho its in the works tho for me have a good day!
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:11 AM - 19 September, 2017
i use a mac primarily,

I have the main external HD formatted to HFS (Mac native)

I have 3 back ups/clones

1. HFS
2. Ex Fat
3. HFS (also with a boot able clone of my OS)

Think I read somewhere that the native file system is advised for OS. I'm not an expert.

I use Carbon copy cloner.

If the day comes when I have to move permanently to Windows then I will use the Ex Fat to make a NTFS formatted Ext HD which now become the main Windows external HD.

Most importantly don't forget to back up in at least 3 places. All drives will fail.