Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Whats your Back up Plan?

spind1 6:48 PM - 11 September, 2017
Team DJ

What if your PC/MAC fails? What if your USB controller fails?

My back up is two CDJ 900 one DJM 800 using the USB flash drive .

I take this with me to every gig with , don't forget that a night's performance is about 4-6 gigs of music. We are travelling with 1-4 TB of music. So we can have a back up USB stick with top 40 etc. Or create a play list from your history of gigs and put it on a USB stick. Your thoughts as technology advances we may need to turn the clock back to keep us going to prevent dead air or flopped night!!
kvnkrz 11:56 PM - 11 September, 2017
Exact cloned laptop.

Bunch of usbs and HD.
I dj with cdj nxs2 and a djm 900 (dual USB)
A bunch of extra usb wires 3 MacBook chargers. Usb hubssss
Controller extra

If my laptop fails i have a spare > if serato lets me go with 2 laptops i have usbs.. if nxs2 set ups stops working then controller..
DjSyndic8 12:04 AM - 12 September, 2017
Quote:
Team DJ

What if your PC/MAC fails? What if your USB controller fails?

My back up is two CDJ 900 one DJM 800 using the USB flash drive .

I take this with me to every gig with , don't forget that a night's performance is about 4-6 gigs of music. We are travelling with 1-4 TB of music. So we can have a back up USB stick with top 40 etc. Or create a play list from your history of gigs and put it on a USB stick. Your thoughts as technology advances we may need to turn the clock back to keep us going to prevent dead air or flopped night!!

oh that one night ...is every djs worst nightmare to be honest I dont have a backup system I just have my Mac and controller... if worst comes to worst my peoples comes first, na but all kidding aside, I would resort to using a either a aux cable into my dead controller utilizing the stand alone mixer part or directly into one of the speakers,

but heres a doozy what if your sound system shits itself now that's a biggie and no one really talks about it,

I turned up to do a 4am shift at a club and the sound system kept cutting out and this was going on for about 4 hours prior, packed out night people just slowly filtered out and we were so embarrassed cause we all know its the djs fault in the eyes of the patrons

sometimes situations are out of your hands I call it a loss and move on
spind1 1:55 PM - 12 September, 2017
Oh I hear ya!! I had the same situation but it's the clubs issues. I had one top end speaker go on me at a wedding but I carry three. Two top ends and one monitor. All the same brand and power. So I used my monitor for back up. Guys protect yourselves use some kind of back up system to keep your events pumping or redemption of yourself if issues arise. The organizers or brides will spread the word if your gear craps out. Word of mouth can be both good and bad!!
577er 4:02 PM - 12 September, 2017
At weddings:

-Second laptop with Serato and DJAY Pro in case serato gets weird.
-All music required on a thumb drive.
-extra cables for everything.
-multiple self powered speakers.
-aux cable.

At a club,
-two thumb drives with music and mixes.
-aux cable.
popnwave 6:07 PM - 12 September, 2017
Quote:

I turned up to do a 4am shift at a club and the sound system kept cutting out and this was going on for about 4 hours prior, packed out night people just slowly filtered out and we were so embarrassed cause we all know its the djs fault in the eyes of the patrons

sometimes situations are out of your hands I call it a loss and move on

Been there done that.. had a couple of amps blow and the high end was gone and the patrons not long after.