DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DDJ-SR PROBLEM FIXED, DO THE SAME IF YOU HAVE ISSUES

Victor Matyjasik 11:00 AM - 5 September, 2017
Yo boys, as many of us faced this problem, I will give you the only thing that will & can ever fix this shitty problem I got

Problem was : When everything was set well, when you wanted to use FX or combo-FX, suddenly the controller stopped working like if it turned off and on again (leds going like if the controller just reset), It then messed up everything in the software, Playing the deck A track into deck B instantly, not be abled to use FX without a mess, basically if I wanted to finish my on going mix and not fail everything, I had to use all the FX with the mouse of my computer, otherwise it would just have been even more messy. It also messed up with cue points, like you can use the pad anymore and other problems. To make it short, with this bug you couldnt do a single proper mix without getting tilted, and I tried EVERYTHING like most people, even formatting computer and changing cables would never work. I just found another post which a guy explain the same problem very well :

forums.pioneerdj.com

People are even trying to send back their controller to their manufacturers because they think it's an internal problem in the controller

To be honest when I had this problem I just wanted to quit DJing cuz I was damn pissed and didnt know what to do (I just bought my DDJ-SR recently so I got frustrated hard). No matter what researches, I was never be abled to find a solution.

And today, after a genius revelation from my minds, I just tried to plug the controller in the Legacy 2.0 USB ports instead of the 3.0 USB that is supposed to backup 2.0. And magic happened, everything got fixed.

Now I can tell you that if you have the same problem, it is because of a fucking 3.0 USB port :) The moment you switch to 2.0 PORT all your problems will be gone for ever.

Hope this will help many of you because I saw a lot of people got stucked in this annoyin shit !!

Peace <3
MPC O.G. 1:42 PM - 5 September, 2017
Glad YOUR problem is solved. But MY DDJ-SR worked for a WHOLE 10 HOURS before it crapped out and I can't get ANYBODY to help me. The headphone cue volume knob went completely DEAD. I found out the DDJ-SR is put together shoddy and it might just need to be re-soldered, but at $600 a pop, that shit is unacceptable. I will NEVER buy anything Pioneer EVER again. INDUSTRY STANDARD MY ASS.
oseanliranz 2:53 AM - 1 December, 2017
Im currently having the same issue but i actually downgraded the software version of serato and i was able to work with out this happening again, somethings happening between the program and the controller not just the controller. Only issue I'm having now is it seems the older version has a problem with me searching through my library for more recent songs I've put it. It will only look up songs to a certain date and any songs I've just recently added will not show up. Im happy that i can use the program but not at the cost of not being to quickly find the songs I'm looking for.
rob huntley 3:18 PM - 30 January, 2018
had my ddj-sr 8 months no probs then left play button went now has problems with sound dropping now & yhen on the fader pile of shite i use my old 8yr old dj-s1 not a problem & there are hardly any places to get it fixed by pioneer as still under warrenty as will be away months
djleonn 4:51 PM - 29 May, 2019
Same issue with ddi-sx. btw my either in 2.0 port same. This is really annoying :(
djleonn 4:54 PM - 29 May, 2019
Same issue with ddj-sx. btw either in 2.0 port same. This is really annoying :( ****
Culprit 9:30 PM - 29 May, 2019
i know some of you will hate to hear this but a common fix for these older units is to buy an older refurbished laptop just for djing

i would like you guys to consider getting the 2010/2012 macbook pros. You can get a refurbished 2012 13" macbook pro for about $500 and slap a SSD drive in it and its a tank.

I have zero issues with it.