Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

1.9.7 - These Issues Still Remain (Library Search, and Cue Jump)

James Burlander 7:12 PM - 23 August, 2017
Hello,

Downloaded the 1.9.7 update yesterday and tried out last night with Turntables & Pioneer S9.

Noticed these issues were still on-going:

1. KNOWN ISSUE: Searching through crates in your library with keyboard shortcuts does not work as expected in SDJ 1.9.6

2. KNOWN ISSUE: Unexpected CUE button behaviour when using media players and control tone in REL mode, in Serato DJ 1.9.6

Is this correct? Just looking for confirmation from Serato that these are still issues?

Also, is there any timeline possible for these fixes to be released?

Thanks!

James
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:15 PM - 23 August, 2017
Hey James,

Quote:
2. KNOWN ISSUE: Unexpected CUE button behaviour when using media players and control tone in REL mode, in Serato DJ 1.9.6

This issue is fixed in 1.9.7, the other issue you mentioned isn't sorry.

Cheers,
Michael.
Cwite 4:32 PM - 24 August, 2017
Quote:
Hey James,

Quote:

This issue is fixed in 1.9.7, the other issue you mentioned isn't sorry.

Cheers,
Michael.

The CUE issue is not fixed. It is VERY not fixed.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:42 PM - 24 August, 2017
Hey Cwite,

Perhaps I'm thinking of the wrong issue sorry, this is the issue that was fixed:

Quote:
Conditions:
SDJ 1.9.6
CDJ using control CD/USB (NOT HID Mode)
Virtual deck in REL mode

Steps to reproduce:
Have SDJ 1.9.6 public release
Use CDJs with control CD/USB
Put Virtual deck into REL mode
Press play on CDJ
Allow time elapsed to pass 2 seconds then press CDJ CUE button (important)

Actual result:
Track restarts

Expected result:
Track pauses until CDJ CUE button is pressed again

Is this the issue you were seeing?

Cheers,
Michael.
Cwite 6:52 AM - 25 August, 2017
I'm using an SZ Michael, so whether it's all controllers or just myet type I'm not sure, but it's a different issue.

With a loop engaged, whether you are in this loop or have gone passed it, pressing get the temp Cue drops you back in to the active loop to a random position, even if you have left the loop or have set a previous Temp Cue Point. It messes with work flow. I've done a couple of last second song changes at gigs and this bug has bitten me hard. I have an open ticket with this, and I'm being told it is the expected behaviour. No its not! I've used pretty much every version of Serato since 1.6.3 (including every version of the 1.9.6 betas up to the official release) and this is the first time that cue behavior is different.

To reinforce that there is an issue, the previous command of Shift+Temple Cue to take you back to the start of the track doesn't work at all.

1.9.6 is probably the most glitchy version I have used, other things like 'Slipping' out of a loop with hot cues doesn't always give the results it should. Some times the hot cue plays, sometimes it doesn't. Again, this is new in 1.9.6 . I have other issues since 1.9.6 too and they are all in the same ticket.

Sorry if I seem a little angry. I've been on this since the official 1.9.6 release :-(
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:34 PM - 27 August, 2017
Hey Cwite,

Ok, sounds like you're talking about a different issue. I *think* the issue I'm describing is the one that James was asking about.

Regarding your issue, would you mind giving me your help ticket number so I can look into this a bit more?

I totally understand you're frustrated so no need to apologize :)

Cheers,
Michael.
James Burlander 9:17 PM - 28 August, 2017
Cwite,

The issue I'm referring to is with CDJs or Turntables...

When I load a NEW track to a deck... (using REL mode) instead of it starting right at the first cue point (setting turned on)... it jumps forward a second or two - before I've even started playing the track. It's almost like the software is "correcting" the tracking even though it's in REL mode.

So this may be a variation of the issue described above.

James
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:15 PM - 28 August, 2017
Hey James,

Ok that sounds like a different issue again. Have you spoken with our Support Team about this? If so, do you have a help ticket number?

Cheers,
Michael.
anthem 4:11 AM - 30 August, 2017
I've been having the exact same issue with the 9.6 build, as James. Very frustrating when trying to drop tracks in.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:35 AM - 30 August, 2017
Hey anthem (and James),

A few questions please:

• Are you using DVS (e.g. control CD's or vinyl - for James this is a yes)
• If so, do you have Sticker Lock enabled?
• If so, which "spin" setting do you have it set to?

Cheers!
anthem 6:15 AM - 30 August, 2017
Hi!

I find this only happens at 2 of my venues. Both setups are similar (Pioneer CDJs, and a Rane 62), and I'm using the Control cds at both. I'm in REL mode, and will have to check the Sticker Lock, but it would be whatever the default setting is. I use a SX2 as well, and it's never been an issue, just with the setup i mentioned, and only with the 9.6 build.

Cheers
James Burlander 9:16 PM - 30 August, 2017
Hey Michael,

I bet that is the issue I'm having without even realizing it. I'll have to check when I get home - but I think I do have Sticker Lock enabled without ever actually using it or realizing what it's used for.

Normally I've used CDJ's my entire life - however, I just bought turntables, so just getting into that "realm" of it all.
DJ Genisis 5:12 PM - 31 August, 2017
I had to switch my laptop because the motherboard went out on my old one. I deactivated and reactivated the license several times but my mix track pro 3 still won't connect with my Serato DJ. it just keeps saying "Mixtrack pro 3 hardware connecting this can take up to one minute". PLEASE HELP ASAP
James Burlander 6:16 PM - 31 August, 2017
Genisis, gotta start your own post buddy. :)

Michael,

Sticker Lock was the trick - which I hadn't even a clue on how it was actually used. Now I do.

I deactivated it (it was in nearest/closest mode), and everything is back to normal now.

Thank you for your help.

Still looking forward to the update in which I don't have to always "recheck" "Playback Keys Use Shift" lol

Have a great day!

Close this issue.

James
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:46 PM - 31 August, 2017
Hey James,

Nice one, glad to hear that solved it! If you want to learn more about Sticker Lock and how it works check out this video here -> support.serato.com

@anthem, please let me know if you have Sticker Lock on too.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:48 PM - 31 August, 2017
@DJ Genesis,

I recommend you get in touch with our Support Team and they can help you with this. The best way to do this is to open a help ticket -> support.serato.com (click link).
DJ Genisis 10:48 PM - 31 August, 2017
Quote:
@DJ Genesis,

I recommend you get in touch with our Support Team and they can help you with this. The best way to do this is to open a help ticket -> support.serato.com (click link).

I did I'm just waiting on them to get back to me
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:56 PM - 31 August, 2017
Ok great, they'll reply to you as soon as they can :)
Cwite 6:08 PM - 4 September, 2017
Quote:
Hey Cwite,

Ok, sounds like you're talking about a different issue. I *think* the issue I'm describing is the one that James was asking about.

Regarding your issue, would you mind giving me your help ticket number so I can look into this a bit more?

I totally understand you're frustrated so no need to apologize :)

Cheers,
Michael.

Hi Michael

My ticket is 306208

I've had Crashing issues in 1.9.7 now too. Unfortunately at gigs. I've done the usual things, checked for corrupt tracks, re-built the V2, repaired, then un-installed and re-installed 1.9.7, but it kept randomly crashing. I've since rolled back to 1.9.6 and did a 5 hour gig at the weekend with no issues. I've got a big gig this weekend to get passed, so I will carry on with 1.9.6 till then, then try 1.9.7 again.