DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DMC winner

Mr. Goodkat 7:04 PM - 21 August, 2017
First off, im not hating and im not a very good turntablist, i dont hate women, and im not trying to hate.

but

is it just me or is Perly's set not that great, IN COMPARISON, to other DMC winners.

im only talking skills and not whether she's a girl or guy.

maybe someone can explain it to me and please dont be sexist or misogynistic, just give me the technical reasons why she won
Logisticalstyles 8:05 PM - 21 August, 2017
did she post her set up? Or were you there?
Mr. Goodkat 8:18 PM - 21 August, 2017
i just saw her online stuff and thats the thing, i cant find any video of her winning set.
CMOS 8:55 PM - 21 August, 2017
They do a horrible job of getting the winning sets online for viewing.

I agree her stuff she has posted online didnt make me think DMC champ.

Like when i saw some of Vekkeds vids or Netik or Craze you watch and your like "WHOA i wanna quit cuz im never gonna be able to do that".

Want to see the winning vid tho to be sure as she didnt have too much online.
Mr. Goodkat 9:59 PM - 21 August, 2017
Quote:
Want to see the winning vid tho to be sure as she didnt have too much online.

yeah, its weird, because its seems like other countries and online sets are up, but i haven's seen anything from the u.s.(which seems like would have a big audience and high numbers of clicks)
MPC O.G. 3:28 AM - 22 August, 2017
They still haven't put up the finals when they rooked Precision....
Logisticalstyles 1:12 PM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
i just saw her online stuff and thats the thing, i cant find any video of her winning set.

Agreed. I saw a video of her at the DJ expo and I'm not sure if it was nerves or what but something was off. She did some body tricks but I didn't see anything that blew my mind. I'm going to chalk it up to nervousness because i saw a couple of other DJ sets from the expo that had me shaking my head.
Gio Alex 3:28 PM - 22 August, 2017
I saw her at a live performance, not DMC, she was really great, but DMC champ wise, I'm not 100% sure about it. I also, want to add, no shade or hate what-so-ever. But who knows, I didn't see her DMC performance so I can't judge on that.
H2o 9:41 PM - 25 August, 2017
I was at the US DMC finals a few weeks ago...I'm not gonna say what she did during her set for the same reasons they don't allow filming and I also don't remember everything 100% clearly...lol

I will say that I think when it comes to creativity and style in the DMCs, alot has been lost in the mix of just being more technically proficient and being able to physically do more than the next person.

Having said all that, I think she performed a decent set, but I thought Dwells had the best flow and should have won 1st.

Still glad I went and saw it in person, but I think they should change their focus to keep relevant.

Also no disrespect to Christie Z, she seems to work very hard and is very passionate about the art form