DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ttm57 MK2 Question

Mattzulu 8:15 PM - 18 August, 2017
I want to be able to make my echo out engage / turn on by simply dropping the channel or moving the fader (without actually hitting an FX on button). Is there a way to make that happen?

Or, worded another way: is there a way to keep the Echo / echo out FX on without letting the FX sound come through and only turn on when I drop a channel or move the fader?

Any help would be lovely. Thank you!
AKIEM 1:12 AM - 19 August, 2017
There might be a way to do this. Might not be exactly what you are looking for. But the faders are midi a sign assignable. You can assign them to trigger effects, but there arnt many tweaks you can do.
dj_soo 10:41 AM - 20 August, 2017
i cannot fathom why anyone would want this.

Is it that hard to press a button before dropping the fader?
Mr. Goodkat 9:45 PM - 20 August, 2017
i remember someone doing this with a filter and delay on a youtube vid, i just cant remember what mixer he was doing it on.
DJ Dub Cowboy 5:00 PM - 22 August, 2017
this is how the Duck Echo on the 62 works, but there are no internal effects on the 57MK2
Gio Alex 8:49 PM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
i cannot fathom why anyone would want this.

Is it that hard to press a button before dropping the fader?

Footswitch? lol
AKIEM 9:05 PM - 22 August, 2017
That might have been my video. I made one for proof of concept because I thought it would be cool if you could use the faders for effects. I forget what it was that made it not usable as it was. But I think it would have been usable to hit a switch and an effect is assigned to fader.