Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

how do you use this thing

Dj Owe 10:26 PM - 15 August, 2017
im watching online tutorials and they all seem able to trigger samples from the keyboard.
when i hit a key (Y key for example) i get the message G#6 is out of range.

and also when i close it nothing shows up in my abelton project. i just have a blank abelton

please help
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:57 PM - 15 August, 2017
Hi Dj Owe,

Quote:
when i hit a key (Y key for example) i get the message G#6 is out of range.

Sounds like you're in the wrong octave/range. Toggle up or down until your are in the correct range (C1). Usually in Ableton this is down two octaves (press 'Z' twice).

Quote:
and also when i close it nothing shows up in my abelton project. i just have a blank abelton

It kind of works like any other synth VST, you'll need to record your MIDI sequence into Ableton and then it will appear in your Session View or Arrangement View.

Hope this helps!
Dj Owe 9:06 AM - 16 August, 2017
Thanks a lot Scott.
Will look into that stuff now
Dj Owe 9:38 AM - 18 August, 2017
Hey still no luck trynna trigger anything i cant seem to get this wroking, also i installed both plugins on the download
Dj Owe 11:26 AM - 18 August, 2017
So i got the key triggering part down now i am stilll stuck with blan abelton project. many videos on youtube go from picking samples straight to it on abelton. is there something else i need to set up or do?
Serato, Support
Scott S 9:27 PM - 20 August, 2017
I'm not sure of your workflow sorry Dj Owe so I can't pin-point where you're going wrong. Are you able to upload a quick video of the issue and post a link here?

Are you able to record other synths or instruments in Ableton? If you're unable to record anything in Ableton it might be a larger issue.

Make sure Ableton is set to record, and your Serato Sample channel has the Record Arm button enabled. Then, hit play (record) and punch in your slices. Once you're finished, stop playback in Ableton and you should have either a recorded clip (in the session view) or your arrangement will have changed.

Let me know if this is not the case.
Oldschooldj 5:06 PM - 29 April, 2020
I'm not sure where this belongs but I can't hold it in any longer. I love Serato products, tech support, customer service and even the logo, but those tutorials are the worst. Here's an example...the instructor says' "So I used Set Slicer to get 16 chops." Well, aren't you special? How about, just maybe you might tell us where to find the "set slicer" and how to get 16 (or even one) chop.
I am truly impressed with the instructors ability to use the equipment, I just wish he would share a little bit with me. I have been trying to use the tutorials for a long time and just can't take it anymore. All of the Serato tutorials I have seen are the same. I did this, I added that. I removed this and I turn that up. All knowledge that would help me to get the most out of my Serato products.
I can't say that someone is sitting back saying "someone else will put the instruction on Youtube", but I can say that the first two tutorials regarding Serato Sample will only teach you how well the instructor can manipulate the program, nothing that would help another person enjoy his or her purchase.