Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Rane 72 and pioneer s9

playerz 11:26 PM - 9 August, 2017
What are we supposed to call these mixers are they controllers?
DaltonSR20 1:30 AM - 10 August, 2017
uhhhhhhh.....................................
dj vernon nyc 2:10 AM - 10 August, 2017
The million dollar question is does this new mixer use both SL and SDJ just like the 62?
AddamXavier 2:11 AM - 10 August, 2017
They are MIDI enabled mixers. They wouldn't be considered controllers because they don't have a dedicated section for transport controls.
DJ Tecniq 2:55 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
The million dollar question is does this new mixer use both SL and SDJ just like the 62?
No they confirmed it will only be compatible w/SDJ. SSL is long discontinued.
DJ Tecniq 2:56 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
What are we supposed to call these mixers are they controllers?
Bruh it's really no different than a Rane 62 or 57mkII or even the old ttm57. They all do the same thing and have software built in.
Serato, Support
Dave. 2:59 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

SSL is discontinued software - we no longer develop this software so no new hardware will work with it :)

SDJ support coming in the future!
Detroitbootybass 4:57 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

SSL is discontinued software - we no longer develop this software so no new hardware will work with it :)

Dave W - Does this mean the rumored re-release of the Rane SL4 will only have SDJ compatibility?
Dj Ricky Redz 5:46 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Dave W - Does this mean the rumored re-release of the Rane SL4 will only have SDJ compatibility?

Obviously!
Mr. Goodkat 7:32 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
have software built in.

they have a soundcard built in
DJ Tecniq 8:15 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
have software built in.

they have a soundcard built in
Serato software/soundcard same thing right.
Rebelguy 9:02 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

SDJ support coming in the future!

Wait so it's being released without SDJ support?

Regarding the MP2015 LE, is this a non-USA manufactured product now?
DJ Tecniq 9:56 PM - 10 August, 2017
Was wondering that myself but I thought it was a typošŸ¤” ^
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:20 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:

The SL4 will work with Scratch Live, as the new ones are being built to the old spec :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:21 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Wait so it's being released without SDJ support?

He means as the mixer is coming in the future, so is Serato DJ support :) The Seventy-Two will be supported by Serato DJ on launch.
Serato, Support
Dave. 11:29 PM - 10 August, 2017
Sorry, I left too much room for assumption there guys.

As Michael said - new SL4 will work with SSL as technically not new hardware, just a re-release ;)

I'm sure you guys are aware the 72 isn't available for purchase yet. Once it is available in the future, it will be supported by SDJ.
djcrap 11:58 PM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Sorry, I left too much room for assumption there guys.

As Michael said - new SL4 will work with SSL as technically not new hardware, just a re-release ;)

I'm sure you guys are aware the 72 isn't available for purchase yet. Once it is available in the future, it will be supported by SDJ.

Since the new sl 4 is being released to old spec why not just throw us a born with a minor update for ssl compatibility ..say like windows 10 and the latest last release of mac os
djcrap 12:00 AM - 11 August, 2017
Born = bone

Lol

You what just for get that give me a post edit button!

I will be happy
SirForce 12:36 AM - 11 August, 2017
Will the original SL4's be worth more? Made in the U.S.of A.?
DJ Tecniq 1:24 AM - 11 August, 2017
I'm curious of this too. Will the SL4 be cheaper this time? A re-release for what exactly? So it will offer nothing new? I didn't think the SL4 was so high in demand and could still be bought today?
Mr. Goodkat 1:47 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
I'm curious of this too. Will the SL4 be cheaper this time? A re-release for what exactly? So it will offer nothing new? I didn't think the SL4 was so high in demand and could still be bought today?

prob makes the most sense since everyone is going to two soundcard setups plus its the most exp and prob has the highest profit margin
DJ Tecniq 2:24 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

prob makes the most sense since everyone is going to two soundcard setups plus its the most exp and prob has the highest profit margin
Right i just don't understand though can't the SL4 still be bought today or was it discontinued or something? Lol oh duh Rane got bought out. So they are pretty much just rebranding it I guess.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:27 AM - 11 August, 2017
When InMusic purchased Rane they continued to sell the SL4 until they ran out of stock. This is new stock. No re-branding, just manufactured in a different place :)
DJ Tecniq 2:51 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
When InMusic purchased Rane they continued to sell the SL4 until they ran out of stock. This is new stock. No re-branding, just manufactured in a different place :)
Gotcha so in a nutshell it will be the same price for something as old as what 5-6 yrs ago? Correct
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:53 AM - 11 August, 2017
No idea about the price sorry, that's a question for Rane.
DJ Tecniq 3:22 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
No idea about the price sorry, that's a question for Rane.
Hopefully it will be a bit cheaper for a product that came out in 2011. Let's hope it won't have as much connection issues as the other Rane products.
Rebelguy 4:15 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:

Is that the same for the MP2015 LE?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:21 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Let's hope it won't have as much connection issues as the other Rane products.

It's the same spec, so if there were problems then they would still exist. What connection problems are you talking about?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:24 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Is that the same for the MP2015 LE?

Not sure about the MP2015 sorry, but I imagine it's the same :)
DJ Tecniq 4:42 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
What connection problems are you talking about?
I don't have any issues I use a Pioneer mixer but weekly I read topics on the forum "all the time" of connection issues with Rane products and usually the users have all drivers and firmware and "still" can't get them to connect and have to go through support every time. May want to tweak that as I have read tons.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:53 AM - 11 August, 2017
Hmm that could be a lot of things, not just one cause. We can resolve most connection issues if people reach out to us, as it can be a combination of things that can cause this (corrupt driver, conflicting devices etc.). As far as I'm aware there isn't a particular connection bug in Serato DJ causing any issues.
DJ Tecniq 8:53 AM - 11 August, 2017
Quote:
Hmm that could be a lot of things, not just one cause. We can resolve most connection issues if people reach out to us, as it can be a combination of things that can cause this (corrupt driver, conflicting devices etc.). As far as I'm aware there isn't a particular connection bug in Serato DJ causing any issues.
Really I see "failed to connect" like everyday on the forum lol.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:26 PM - 13 August, 2017
You may well, but you haven't read what I've said. What I said was as far as I'm aware there isn't a bug in SDJ that causes this. This issue can be caused by many, many different things so there's no fix that we can do. However if you get in touch with our Support Team we can resolve most connection issues :)
Ollie 12:45 AM - 30 September, 2017
Just heard the release date for the 72 got pushed back to Q1 2018. I wonder why and how this could affect any potential holiday sales they bring in. I was looking to get one before Thanksgiving and use it for my upcoming holiday events. šŸ˜•
Chino 2:10 AM - 30 September, 2017
Quote:
Just heard the release date for the 72 got pushed back to Q1 2018. I wonder why and how this could affect any potential holiday sales they bring in. I was looking to get one before Thanksgiving and use it for my upcoming holiday events. šŸ˜•

^^^ Is this news directly from inMusic Brand (RANE)? It would not surprise me if that is the case. Oh well, it gives inMusic Brand more time to make sure everything is working right & Ill have more $$$ to spend on Christmas gifts & other DJ/production 'toys'ā€¦ I have my eye on the new Maschine MK3.
Dj Ricky Redz 3:05 AM - 30 September, 2017
For some strange reason I had a feeling that would happen... I went ahead and ordered a sz2 to use for this Christmas season!
Mr. Goodkat 6:39 PM - 30 September, 2017
i hate to say it, but i dont see inmusic rane ever getting anything close to Rane USA.

Theres so much going on with the 72, i just cant see inmusic getting it right
Aptidda 9:36 PM - 3 October, 2017
Interesting, my Pioneer DJM S9 has been so solid. The whole Rane driver issue is concerning, as I understand the DJM S9 is Natively supported in Mac OS? Is that the case?

I was going to get rid of the S9 for this, I figure I will wait it out to see if there are any issues at the first release. Once I hear itā€™s good, at that point I may go for it (could be well into 2018 eh guys?)
DJMIYAGI 9:53 PM - 3 October, 2017
Quote:
They wouldn't be considered controllers because they don't have a dedicated section for transport controls.

The 72 will have transport controls with the pads.
SirForce 2:44 PM - 5 October, 2017
I would hope the Rane 72, just like the Rane TTM57MKII and the newest Rane Rotary mixers use MacOS Core Audio and do not need specific audio drivers to function. As for transport controls, I look forward to what the Rane 72 might offer, for simple gigs it would be cool to use just the 72 to play music vs having another small controller.
Chino 5:16 PM - 5 October, 2017
Quote:
I look forward to what the Rane 72 might offer, for simple gigs it would be cool to use just the 72 to play music vs having another small controller.

I never even thought of using the RANE 72 like that. Good idea!
938MyDJ 10:45 PM - 5 October, 2017
You'll be better off using DJ2GO2 with those kind of gigs, LOL!
NUdisc0 1:20 AM - 6 October, 2017
Is future Rane gear going to be made in the USA? I can tell you that I will never buy Rane gear made overseas.
roy rohypnol 4:33 AM - 6 October, 2017
Overseas unfortunately.
playerz 11:02 AM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
I would hope the Rane 72, just like the Rane TTM57MKII and the newest Rane Rotary mixers use MacOS Core Audio and do not need specific audio drivers to function. As for transport controls, I look forward to what the Rane 72 might offer, for simple gigs it would be cool to use just the 72 to play music vs having another small controller.

Read from the top of the post lol
Rebelguy 3:27 PM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
Is future Rane gear going to be made in the USA? I can tell you that I will never buy Rane gear made overseas.

You must not buy any gear then because all of it is made overseas.
AKIEM 6:40 PM - 6 October, 2017
I wonder if Chinese hate buying shit overland.
NUdisc0 11:04 PM - 6 October, 2017
I expect Rane to be made in the USA; otherwise, it is not a Rane, but some Numark BS.
Aptidda 11:07 PM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
I expect Rane to be made in the USA; otherwise, it is not a Rane, but some Numark BS.

Rane is "InMusic" Is Akai, is Numark, is Denon, is etc etc etc
NUdisc0 12:04 AM - 7 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Rane is "InMusic" Is Akai, is Numark, is Denon, is etc etc etc

Yeah, exactly. That's the problem.
dj_soo 2:09 AM - 9 October, 2017
So what are you going to get?

No pro DJ gear is made in the US anymore. Pioneer is made in Malaysia which is even cheaper than China/Taiwan.
NUdisc0 2:12 AM - 9 October, 2017
Duh
dj_soo 4:26 AM - 9 October, 2017
China manufacturing has gotten to the point where they can produce quality - Apple, IBM, Lenovo, any of the high end computers out there are chinese made.

There are plenty of cheap options in china, but just because it's made there doesn't automatically make it worse.

Hell, just because it was made in the US doesn't automatically make it better. Look at the automotive industry during the decline of US made cars. Hell, look at the Rane 6x gear - it wasn't exactly stellar in build compared to the older 54/56/57. Buttons failed, knobs got loose, faders broke, tons of shit went wrong with the 6x mixers and they were all made in the US.
Cnspeace 2:14 PM - 16 October, 2017
Anyone heard about a delay on these ?? I'm hearing different stories.
Aptidda 3:50 PM - 17 October, 2017
Quote:

I heard the same, from what I gather the twelve may still be released sometime soon.

However the seventy two is pushed into 2018...

Anyone from Rane care to chime in?
The Return of Dj Sparky 5:41 PM - 17 October, 2017
seeing as support wasn't added in 1.9.9 looks like its going to be in 2.0 which means probably a namm 2018 release , so jan 2018,

the fact we haven't even seen it running at all on serato means there is either production problems or they can't show sdj 2.0 till release
Mr. Goodkat 9:19 PM - 17 October, 2017
2017 odds 20-1
jan 2018 odds 8-1
by mar 2018 4-1
by june 2018 3-2

never 50-1
DJMIYAGI 6:10 PM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:

Release has been pushed back to Q1 of 2018. So release will be in between Jan-Mar
Herzl 7:10 PM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Release has been pushed back to Q1 of 2018. So release will be in between Jan-Mar

šŸ˜©šŸ˜©
How do you know?
DJMIYAGI 7:39 PM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

šŸ˜©šŸ˜©
How do you know?

Let's just say I know people lol. When you think about it, it makes more sense to release the new gear at winter NAMM(end of Jan). That's when I think we'll also see SDJ 2.0 with support for the new gear from Rane and Denon plus other surprises Searto has in store.
Chino 8:56 PM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:

Let's just say I know people lol. When you think about it, it makes more sense to release the new gear at winter NAMM(end of Jan). That's when I think we'll also see SDJ 2.0 with support for the new gear from Rane and Denon plus other surprises Searto has in store.

+1

My 'Nostradamus' predictions for SDJ 2.0ā€¦. 64bit, DAY MODE, & maybe sample editing functionality/direct record to pads (wishful thinking, I know!!)

Hopefully, inMusic Brand (RANE) uses the extra time to make sure that the RANE 72 & Twelve is STABLE & RELIABLE!!!
WildcardX 9:22 PM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:
+1

My 'Nostradamus' predictions for SDJ 2.0ā€¦. 64bit, DAY MODE, & maybe sample editing functionality/direct record to pads (wishful thinking, I know!!)

Hopefully, inMusic Brand (RANE) uses the extra time to make sure that the RANE 72 & Twelve is STABLE & RELIABLE!!!

To add perspective to this, look how long the Denon Prime has been released and it still isn't supported yet publicly.
Chino 9:39 PM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:

To add perspective to this, look how long the Denon Prime has been released and it still isn't supported yet publicly.

Good point! Since the Rane Twelve is an 'OSA' device I would image that it should be supported at launch. The Rane 72 is also being advertised as officially supported by SDJ too.

Maybe there will be more info @ NAMM 2018.
popnwave 10:11 PM - 18 October, 2017
At this rate the Denon and Rane stuff will be added at the same time!
DJMIYAGI 10:35 PM - 18 October, 2017
Quote:

That's more than likely what's going on right now. When the 62 first came out I knew quite a few DJs who were having problems with the cross fader and Rane was using 68 faders as replacements. They're trying to avoid this and also line up the release of the new gear with the new Serato update. Nothing more disappointing than releasing a new software with no support for the latest hardware.
Cnspeace 12:12 PM - 20 October, 2017
So I got different info. That's why I posted. I know people too :) I was told it's 2 batches. One will be out this year...mid December. This batch was due on November 15th and now is about a month delayed. The second batch will ship out in February. This was confirmed by my source via Rane on 10/18. I know people are getting crazy mixed up info so I want to hear it from everyone else in addition to my source. Here is a message I got from Rane on Facebook (this was on the 13th and prompted me to post and follow up with my dealer):

Hello Cory. We understand our customers' situation very well; lots of us are DJs and eagerly wait for the newest gear to catch our eyes and take our money just like you. There are multiple factors that involve releasing a product; providing our customers with appropriately marketed material such as demo videos is not as easy as one may think. We here at Rane and our partners at Serato work together to get the Seventy-Two mixer 'battle-ready', with our customers' concerns in mind, and being hasty to please the masses is not how good quality products are made (I think you would agree). Any release dates that you have been given are not precise; we never gave an official release date to our dealers/distributors when we announced the new product. Once again, both us and our partners are working hard to make the Seventy-Two work right and work hard.

The 'waiting game' struggle is real Cory, and we are on the edge of our seats too

I don't believe anyone knows when this is coming out other than Rane ...
Aptidda 4:13 PM - 20 October, 2017
Quote:
So I got different info. That's why I posted. I know people too :) I was told it's 2 batches. One will be out this year...mid December. This batch was due on November 15th and now is about a month delayed. The second batch will ship out in February. This was confirmed by my source via Rane on 10/18. I know people are getting crazy mixed up info so I want to hear it from everyone else in addition to my source. Here is a message I got from Rane on Facebook (this was on the 13th and prompted me to post and follow up with my dealer):

Hello Cory. We understand our customers' situation very well; lots of us are DJs and eagerly wait for the newest gear to catch our eyes and take our money just like you. There are multiple factors that involve releasing a product; providing our customers with appropriately marketed material such as demo videos is not as easy as one may think. We here at Rane and our partners at Serato work together to get the Seventy-Two mixer 'battle-ready', with our customers' concerns in mind, and being hasty to please the masses is not how good quality products are made (I think you would agree). Any release dates that you have been given are not precise; we never gave an official release date to our dealers/distributors when we announced the new product. Once again, both us and our partners are working hard to make the Seventy-Two work right and work hard.

The 'waiting game' struggle is real Cory, and we are on the edge of our seats too

well said
Mr. Goodkat 1:23 AM - 21 October, 2017
Quote:

ill bet they dont know either
Aptidda 3:54 PM - 26 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Good point! Since the Rane Twelve is an 'OSA' device I would image that it should be supported at launch. The Rane 72 is also being advertised as officially supported by SDJ too.

Maybe there will be more info @ NAMM 2018.

What is an "OSA" device?

Thanks
Robb Royale 5:58 PM - 26 October, 2017
What is an "OSA" device?

Official Serato Accessory
WildcardX 5:58 PM - 26 October, 2017
Quote:

What is an "OSA" device?

Thanks

Official Serato Accessory example, SPI, AFX, Dicers etc.
DJ Matty Stiles 1:47 PM - 4 November, 2017
I think being able to see the waveforms on the mixer will be the deal breaker for me to buy the rane over the pioneer.

I mean, dont get me wrong, my 62 does the job its supposed to with no issues.

Do i need the 72? Probably not lol. Do I want it? Hell yeah!
Laz219 1:59 PM - 4 November, 2017
...Does deal breaker make sense in that?
Ragman 2:24 PM - 4 November, 2017
The hardware is ready. Waiting on SDJ 2.0 with 64bit architecture to be released. Serato is making sure "i's" are dotted and "t's" are crossed. 2.0 is a big undertaking for Serato so understandable about the delay. We just need to be patient as Jan is right around the corner at this point.
Cnspeace 3:15 PM - 4 November, 2017
Where did you get 64 bit from ? Heard noting about that from Rane. I hope so , but I haven't heard a peep on that
DJ Matty Stiles 11:53 PM - 4 November, 2017
Quote:
...Does deal breaker make sense in that?

the tipping point in terms of my preference of mixer
dj_soo 11:54 PM - 4 November, 2017
deal breaker is usually something that prevents you from doing something - like not being able to change the left and right controls independently on the S9 was a dealbreaker for me not buying it.
NUdisc0 3:01 AM - 5 November, 2017
Those waveforms on the 72 are pretty useless.
WildcardX 1:24 PM - 5 November, 2017
Quote:
Those waveforms on the 72 are pretty useless.

Especially if they suffer that same jerky issue with the display. I don't really use waveforms except just to confirm that my ear hears drift and occasional confirmation of a cue point though i have noticed it, but trying to imagine that jerky waveform on that small screen would be something else. Let's hope the release that corresponds with the release of the hardware has addressed this.
Chino 3:03 PM - 5 November, 2017
Personally, I'm more interested in using the X/Y touchscreen for manipulating effects.

Obviously, the processor that RANE chooses to run the screens will have a big impact on how well the screen works & whether or not latency will be an issue.

The Rane 72 is NOT cheap so I hope inMusic Brand (RANE) puts top quality components in the 72.
Cnspeace 3:09 PM - 5 November, 2017
The waves are only useless if you don't use waves. I can't say I don't get serato face some days..so that is one of the main deal makers. It's also touch screen so I'm sure I'll think of more things to do with the waves. X/Y effects are the biggest perk for the screen, but now I don't need my laptop screen at all thanks to the waves on board. Considering the competition and their displays, I think it will display smooth.
J.J. 10:19 PM - 6 November, 2017
I would rather the RANE 72 screen display the Icicles (Tempo Matching Display) instead of the waveforms.

Quote:
Tempo Matching Display
The tempo matching display area provides a helpful tool for beat matching. Serato DJ detects the beats within the track and places a row of red peaks (for the track on the left deck) above a row of gold peaks (for the track on the right deck) in the tempo matching display area. When the two tracks are matched to the same tempo, the peaks will line up. This display does not show the relative timing of the beats, only the tempos of the tracks. The peaks will still line up when the tracks are playing at the same tempo, but are out of sync.
DJMIYAGI 12:26 AM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
I would rather the RANE 72 screen display the Icicles (Tempo Matching Display) instead of the waveforms.

That's a waste of screen real estate. If the tempo match display was above the waveforms like in the software, that would be practical.
NUdisc0 12:27 AM - 7 November, 2017
Id rather it display the full waveform and playback position.
DJ Matty Stiles 1:36 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:

+1
Aptidda 4:03 PM - 7 November, 2017
whatever we say isn't going to matter until this is released. anyone doing beta on this?
Chino 3:22 PM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:
whatever we say isn't going to matter until this is released

What we say (suggestions & opinions) matter! inMusic Brand (RANE) needs to listen to their customers if they want the Rane 72 & Twelve to sell & be successful!!

If inMusic Brand (RANE) listens to their customers prior to product release then there will be little to no customer disappointment (hopefully) once the Rane 72 & Twelve are actually released.
popnwave 3:29 PM - 8 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
whatever we say isn't going to matter until this is released

What we say (suggestions & opinions) matter! inMusic Brand (RANE) needs to listen to their customers if they want the Rane 72 & Twelve to sell & be successful!!

If inMusic Brand (RANE) listens to their customers prior to product release then there will be little to no customer disappointment (hopefully) once the Rane 72 & Twelve are actually released.

That's a dangerous move for most business and leads to some horrible project creep. There's gonna be someone complaining no matter what you do.
Aptidda 6:13 PM - 8 November, 2017
the seventy two will sell itself, i'm getting one on release day. Serato is always there with great support no matter what, they are certainly going to be supporting rane's new flagship mixer- its on the hype.
DJ Matty Stiles 6:06 AM - 9 November, 2017
I wonder if the feel of the pads will be different to the S9
dj_soo 6:07 AM - 9 November, 2017
pads will definitely be MPC pads. So it'll likely feel the same as the pads on all the newer Numark and Denon gear.
DJ Matty Stiles 6:09 AM - 9 November, 2017
ooh I hope they have a click. Something I'm definately missing on my SP-1 (which I assume is the same buttons on the S9). I don't mind them a little squishy, like the dicers.
J.J. 6:40 PM - 9 November, 2017
Pressure sensitive Pads rarely come with a click. I love the Pads on my NS7ii thanks to Akai.
Bondage 1:00 PM - 20 November, 2017
anyone know the dimensions from the 72 & Twelve?
DJMIYAGI 7:12 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:

72 will more than likely be around 10.5" x 14" and the Twelve will be around 14" x 14"
Bondage 7:46 PM - 20 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

72 will more than likely be around 10.5" x 14" and the Twelve will be around 14" x 14"

tnx bro !!
Andrei Matei 5:29 AM - 21 November, 2017
Read somewhere that it usually takes Serato 2-3 months from a major version private beta to release. So I echo the comments above; I bet Rane is ready but is probably waiting for the 2.0 release as there are too many new features where a 1.9.11 wouldn't cut it.
WildcardX 1:17 PM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
Read somewhere that it usually takes Serato 2-3 months from a major version private beta to release. So I echo the comments above; I bet Rane is ready but is probably waiting for the 2.0 release as there are too many new features where a 1.9.11 wouldn't cut it.

From what has been leaking out, Serato 2.0 is going to be major as well as may possibly have been a total rebuild that made the incremental releases we say to support new hardware actual side projects because maybe it was easier for some personnel to add support while most of the focus was on the upcoming release.
popnwave 4:54 PM - 21 November, 2017
Considering the TWELVE and 72 aren't even out yet I am not sure why you'd worry about which version of SDJ might support it. Look how long it took the new Denon stuff to get added.

People need to realize you have to get a breather from adding new hardware support to enhance or bug fix what you already have.
Rebelguy 5:33 PM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:
Considering the TWELVE and 72 aren't even out yet I am not sure why you'd worry about which version of SDJ might support it. Look how long it took the new Denon stuff to get added.

People need to realize you have to get a breather from adding new hardware support to enhance or bug fix what you already have.

From what Iā€™ve heard the 72 is still 4-6 months away so Iā€™m not sure if 2.0 will support it.
popnwave 5:42 PM - 21 November, 2017
NAMM is at the end of January so I bet 2.0 gets a release around then and more hardware follows.

Serato should just do 2.x for bug fix/feature releases and 2.x.x for when they add new hardware. Then they don't have a gun to their heads (by overzealous users) by users who can't handle stuff like 1.9.10, lol.
WildcardX 11:50 PM - 21 November, 2017
Quote:

From what Iā€™ve heard the 72 is still 4-6 months away so Iā€™m not sure if 2.0 will support it.

It might be closer than you think. Pictures have surfaces on certain places on FB with the 72 in use with 12s and waveforms on the 72 display. They were stills of some one using the gear.
Cnspeace 11:57 PM - 21 November, 2017
I've heard before Christmas. I saw the images on FB also. Heard of a few people that have the private beta for Serato, but they say they signed a disclaimer stating they can't post or talk about what they are seeing. My dealer said before X-Mas. Rane said still 4th quarter..hopefully not much longer now.
Rebelguy 12:08 AM - 22 November, 2017
I have heard they are still on Alpha software.
DJ Tecniq 1:03 AM - 22 November, 2017
SDJ 2.0 will be released when Mixars decides to release their Primo controller...never lol
DJ Matty Stiles 11:07 AM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Pictures have surfaces on certain places on FB with the 72 in use with 12s and waveforms on the 72 display

please share!
WildcardX 11:16 AM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Pictures have surfaces on certain places on FB with the 72 in use with 12s and waveforms on the 72 display

please share!

As much as I would like to, and as much as I am not part of the Private Beta Testing, I would much rather prefer not to out of respect for the organization and how they approached this initial testing phase but they are about on Facebook in certain groups at least a week already, maybe even 2.
Bondage 11:18 AM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

i hope not !! I sold my nxs2 kit cause i thought it would be jan 2018 !! Ps: I love Pio gear s but RANE is so much stronger and more quality... The face plate from a DJM is iron -> joking me? It's 2017 ... Iron is heavy and it can oxidate ... I hope the Rane 72 and twelve will be a big succes
DJ Matty Stiles 11:23 AM - 22 November, 2017
also i never get my hopes up for a release. It took years for a decent key lock, which still uses a ton of horsepower, serato DJ was buggy AF, club kit shouldve been years earlier, the bridge went (along with the killer mixtape feature). Pulselocker came and went. Theres a ton of library features missing. Still waiting on proper retina compatibility and its about to be 2018. Still jerky waveforms in 2017. HID mode is still clumsy and requres a "dongle" ie interface box connected which is stupid from a practical point of view but i understand for a licensing point of view. FX still need improving.

The above are just annoyances but I can live with them. At the end of the day serato DJ is still stable, albeit not as much as scratch live was. I guess when you accomodate all these shitty little controllers you have to compromise. However my heart is still with and will always be with serato. I own traktor also. Hate it. I also have played with the rekordbox trial. Hate it. I look forward to what serato 2.0 / serato pro will bring. As flip was cool. Key tagging was cool. Naming cue points was cool. The stability is still there. Still the best GUI. Gotta give credit to the original DVS system with colored waveforms.
DJ Matty Stiles 11:26 AM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

please share!

As much as I would like to, and as much as I am not part of the Private Beta Testing, I would much rather prefer not to out of respect for the organization and how they approached this initial testing phase but they are about on Facebook in certain groups at least a week already, maybe even 2.

fair enough man. I respect that.
DJMIYAGI 4:55 PM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

please share!

fair enough man. I respect that.

Look at the image of the 72 on GC's website. It clearly shows the waveforms on the screen. It's no secret
www.guitarcenter.com
popnwave 5:07 PM - 22 November, 2017
The 72 + TWELVES combo looks way more fun to me than the Denon Prime setup!

I cannot wait to see them in the flesh, but you bet your ass I am going to wait a good 3 months after they hit the street to let you masochists expose any bugs before me, lol.
WildcardX 5:13 PM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:

Look at the image of the 72 on GC's website. It clearly shows the waveforms on the screen. It's no secret
www.guitarcenter.com

It's not stock images I was referring to, they were actual images of some one using the gear in a set.
DJMIYAGI 9:12 PM - 22 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
www.guitarcenter.com

It's not stock images I was referring to, they were actual images of some one using the gear in a set.

Ahh okay. Read too fast lol
DJ Matty Stiles 1:38 AM - 24 November, 2017
for turntablism I can see huge benefits of having the waveforms on the mixer. I can just imagine this will be the standard mixer at DMC competitions. Having the record and the waveform in the same line of sight will really speed up efficiency
Ragman 1:35 PM - 24 November, 2017
Quote:
[...] Having the record and the waveform in the same line of sight will really speed up efficiency

Xactly. I've been preaching this for ever. Actually I prophesied the coming of both these products a long time ago. Did not think it would be Rane to launch them though but I am so glad they are. I don't think these products would have the same juice if they came from Numark or Denon.
938MyDJ 4:36 PM - 24 November, 2017
The screen technology on the 72 might be from Numark or Denon... most likely.

Just like how the the pads are from Aikai... donā€™t you think?

It wonā€™t matter though if the build and sound quality is still from Rane.
Asu 6:09 PM - 24 November, 2017
Quote:
The 72 + TWELVES combo looks way more fun to me than the Denon Prime setup

To me it's just a super expensive controller setup...not usable without a laptop.The denon setup wins here or a pair of CDjs and the 72...being able to play from a flash drive or HDD without a laptop is always a plus.

I wish the 72 had black key pads...maybe i'll wait for the MKII
popnwave 6:25 PM - 24 November, 2017
Dude, we're Serato users, we ALWAYS use a laptop.

If you're not, you're obviously not what this is aimed at. Rekordbox fine, still don't trust Engine Prime enough AND I do video so not using a laptop isn't going to happen any time soon.
Cnspeace 5:34 PM - 26 November, 2017
I know the screen will be very expensive to replace, so I wonder if they will sell a protective cover...like on a phone. (Scratches/ cracks )
Bondage 7:52 AM - 27 November, 2017
Quote:
I know the screen will be very expensive to replace, so I wonder if they will sell a protective cover...like on a phone. (Scratches/ cracks )

It's Rane ... Build like a tank !! And scratches and cracks are because your phone is in your pocket together with money and your keys ;) No worry, your fingers will not make scratches -> otherwise girls would not all looking so pretty ;)
Bondage 7:56 AM - 27 November, 2017
Quote:
Dude, we're Serato users, we ALWAYS use a laptop.

If you're not, you're obviously not what this is aimed at. Rekordbox fine, still don't trust Engine Prime enough AND I do video so not using a laptop isn't going to happen any time soon.

I hope they do "qwerty search" ... I know it's not needed because you have your computer but it's not nasa technology to make such feature possible !! Then you can put your computer everywhere with a long usb cable #smallplaces #nostress
dj_soo 8:00 AM - 27 November, 2017
Independent, US Rane and InMusic, chinese-made Rane are different companies. As the 72 and Twelves will be the first product from the new Rane, it remains to be seen how the new product will be.

That said, unlike a lot of people here, I think quality can come from China - they just have to be willing to pay for the quality stuff. The new Denon decks and mixers seem solidly built, although they've only been around for 6 months. The latest controllers seem good hardware-wise, but Denon hasn't exactly impressed on the software or customer support side of things. Hope some changes happen with that...
Bondage 8:13 AM - 27 November, 2017
Quote:
Independent, US Rane and InMusic, chinese-made Rane are different companies. As the 72 and Twelves will be the first product from the new Rane, it remains to be seen how the new product will be.

That said, unlike a lot of people here, I think quality can come from China - they just have to be willing to pay for the quality stuff. The new Denon decks and mixers seem solidly built, although they've only been around for 6 months. The latest controllers seem good hardware-wise, but Denon hasn't exactly impressed on the software or customer support side of things. Hope some changes happen with that...

I understand you. I worked in dj shop and my main selling point was the fact Rane was made in USA !! I hate made in China ... But it's 2017 -> allot things and big brands are not made anymore in the USA or Germany = it's life. And even if the Rane is less quality then before it will be still better quality mixer then the competition.

I love Pioneer, but it's not quality compared to Rane. I am always stressed about finding a seller for my pioneer gear each 2 year cause I know after more then 2 years it will looking ...

Do you know a (competition) brand that is still made in europe or usa... Me not ...
Rodec scratchbox (belgium -> dead)
Ecler -> (spain -> dead)
WildcardX 11:25 AM - 27 November, 2017
Quote:
That said, unlike a lot of people here, I think quality can come from China - they just have to be willing to pay for the quality stuff. ...

True, I have a OnePlus One phone i have now relegated to work and it was released in 2014 and I bought it used and modded (on top of the modding I did to it when I got it) and it is still going strong and reliably as my work phone and this is a Chinese made hand set. So quality can come from China. Also to touch on the topic of that touch screen, it may not get messed up from the usual stuff that phones go through, but remember, travelling with gear can be brutal if they are not protected and even in set up some one might bungle things and just like that the screen is gone. Might just take some one holding a drink with moisture on the glass that touches the scree, water seeps in the sides and that is the end. Happens with phones even with pristine looking screens but he digitizer layer that interprets the touches gets borked up. Or shoot, just some random A-hole decides to spill a drink on it and that could be the end. So far Pioneer units with touchscreens seem to be doing well so maybe the same type of hardware was employed here, Pioneer doesn't make screens so they would have had to source them from some where and hte hope is that Rane does the same (Apple phones use Samsung panels for their screens so there's that.)
popnwave 3:38 PM - 27 November, 2017
Just because something is Chinese at this point doesn't man it's cheap. All of our smartphones are made there with parts from other countries.

I do agree it is sad that it's cheaper to make something around the world from US or EU and ship it all the way back.
Cnspeace 6:26 PM - 27 November, 2017
I
Quote:
Quote:

It's Rane ... Build like a tank !! And scratches and cracks are because your phone is in your pocket together with money and your keys ;) No worry, your fingers will not make scratches -> otherwise girls would not all looking so pretty ;)

The screen can still get scratched or damaged. That's like saying skins are useless. "like" a tank..not an actual tank.
DJMIYAGI 9:27 PM - 27 November, 2017
Quote:
IThe screen can still get scratched or damaged. That's like saying skins are useless. "like" a tank..not an actual tank.

The screens on the Pioneer CDJ/XDJs and Denon Prime players are very well built and I'm sure Rane isn't going to use a glass screen like on phones and tablets. You shouldn't worry about it man.
dj_soo 9:40 PM - 27 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
That said, unlike a lot of people here, I think quality can come from China - they just have to be willing to pay for the quality stuff. ...

True, I have a OnePlus One phone i have now relegated to work and it was released in 2014 and I bought it used and modded (on top of the modding I did to it when I got it) and it is still going strong and reliably as my work phone and this is a Chinese made hand set. So quality can come from China. Also to touch on the topic of that touch screen, it may not get messed up from the usual stuff that phones go through, but remember, travelling with gear can be brutal if they are not protected and even in set up some one might bungle things and just like that the screen is gone. Might just take some one holding a drink with moisture on the glass that touches the scree, water seeps in the sides and that is the end. Happens with phones even with pristine looking screens but he digitizer layer that interprets the touches gets borked up. Or shoot, just some random A-hole decides to spill a drink on it and that could be the end. So far Pioneer units with touchscreens seem to be doing well so maybe the same type of hardware was employed here, Pioneer doesn't make screens so they would have had to source them from some where and hte hope is that Rane does the same (Apple phones use Samsung panels for their screens so there's that.)

I mean, all Apple products are made in China and it's not like they make crap hardware...
Mr. Goodkat 10:58 PM - 27 November, 2017
americans haven't yet bought into the reality that china runs everything and is more powerful than the states.
dj_soo 11:45 PM - 27 November, 2017
it's not like US made is automatically better. Hell, Detroit's big fall was because a lot of their US made cars were total shit in the 70s and 80s and being surpassed by cheaper, and better quality Japanese cars.

Even in the context of Rane, the 6x mixers took a decline in quality compared to their 5x mixers. The magnetic fader carriers are on the third iteration because the faders kept breaking on their first two attempts, the buttons misfire and get pushed into the unit, and the pot stems were plastic and got very loose over time. These were all still american made units and there were plenty of problems reported over the years.
Mr. Goodkat 4:12 AM - 28 November, 2017
u.s. propaganda and blind nationalism is strong
Bondage 7:54 AM - 28 November, 2017
Quote:

USA = first men on the moon !! Pls call me one modern mixer that is more quality (not the fun aspect) then Rane ... ?? Pls say me ...

I got my opinion and i owned 56, 61, 62, 68, 64, djm 800/900mk1&mk2, Djm 909, xone db4... I now sold my nexus kit for the 72 cause about what i read they got it right this time.

that means for me -> full fun + quality
Bondage 7:56 AM - 28 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

USA = first men on the moon !! Pls call me one modern mixer that is more quality (not the fun aspect) then Rane ... ?? Pls say me ...

I got my opinion and i owned 56, 61, 62, 68, 64, djm 800/900mk1&mk2, Djm 909, xone db4... I now sold my nexus kit for the 72 cause about what i read they got it right this time.

that means for me -> full fun + quality

forgot to say ... Rane is the only brand that ships 3 magnetic faders (not the 68&64) !!
Rebelguy 8:08 AM - 28 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Pls call me one modern mixer that is more quality (not the fun aspect) then Rane ... ?? Pls say me ...

What do you consider modern?

Rodec Scratchbox
Ecler Hak 360
Xone 92
Rebelguy 8:08 AM - 28 November, 2017
Quote:
Pls call me one modern mixer that is more quality (not the fun aspect) then Rane ... ?? Pls say me ...

Rodec Scratchbox
Ecler Hak 360
Xone 92
Bondage 9:00 AM - 28 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Rodec Scratchbox
Ecler Hak 360
Xone 92

Scratchbox:
= fantastic OPTICAL crossfader but and 2 normal faders
= Rodec stopped production
= no effects + no soundcard

Ecler Hak 360:
= fantastic crossfader but and 2 normal faders
= Ecler stopped production

Xone 92
= maybe the best 'cheap mixer' professional mixer on the market
= no soundcard, no magnetic or optical crossfader + no space in the crossfader area

So the only modern mixer you are saying is a model (2001) that is idd strong and is good sounding, but not modern ... Don't get me wrong -> xone 92 is class mixer in his kind
Rebelguy 4:11 PM - 28 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Rodec Scratchbox
Ecler Hak 360
Xone 92

Scratchbox:
= fantastic OPTICAL crossfader but and 2 normal faders
= Rodec stopped production

Ecler Hak 360:
= fantastic crossfader but and 2 normal faders
= Ecler stopped production

Xone 92
= maybe the best 'cheap mixer' professional mixer on the market
= no soundcard, no magnetic or optical crossfader + no space in the crossfader area

So the only modern mixer you are saying is a model (2001) that is idd strong and is good sounding, but not modern ... Don't get me wrong -> xone 92 is class mixer in his kind

I assumed your question was not in relation to the feature set of the competition but the build quality. Based on build quality any of the ones I mentioned would be comparable to Rane.

Based on reviews i would possibly add the Denon X1800. Supposedly the effects, sound and build quality are all great. Given that Rane and Denon are under the same corporate umbrella I would think they are going to be manufactured at the same factory. The quality of this mixer should give us a good idea of what the new Rane
might be like.
WildcardX 6:49 PM - 28 November, 2017
So apart from all of this chatter, it would really majorly suck if the Seventy-Two turns out to have some kind of manufacturer defects or failure that didn't come up in testing like function wise or even cosmetic like the early S9s had with paint flake on the face plate in early production runs.
dj zaza 7:26 PM - 28 November, 2017
I crep that waveform display works like on the Numark Dashboard, i tried it a week ago i i dumped back, on the mac the waveform was smooth on the dashboard went to shots. hopefully it is managed differently.
DJ Matty Stiles 11:10 PM - 28 November, 2017
Quote:
I crep that waveform display works like on the Numark Dashboard, i tried it a week ago i i dumped back, on the mac the waveform was smooth on the dashboard went to shots. hopefully it is managed differently.

Was thinking about getting a dashboard with my 62. This will save me the effort.

Also in regards to possible defects, Iā€™m definatelt holding off buying it for a few months. I wanna wait for the reviews here on this forum. Maybe even a side by side comparison with the pioneer from Mojaxx / Chris brackley would be cool
AKIEM 12:09 AM - 29 November, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Second man in space. And I grantee you I'm not playing on a Russian made mixer.
WildcardX 12:18 AM - 29 November, 2017
And now I just saw video of Fat Fingaz using the whole setup on FB with Seventy-Two and the Twelves. That Low Latency is amazing with what he was doing and the still that were seen earlier was from this.
Cnspeace 12:33 AM - 29 November, 2017
Quote:
And now I just saw video of Fat Fingaz using the whole setup on FB with Seventy-Two and the Twelves. That Low Latency is amazing with what he was doing and the still that were seen earlier was from this.

About time right ? ...As I was typing I see another one !

www.instagram.com

Finally got to see the vinyl slip on the platter.
Cnspeace 12:36 AM - 29 November, 2017
I just thought about a cover... a dust cover or something. I guess we will have to case the 12s up ??
dj zaza 8:04 AM - 29 November, 2017
I've seen the video, it does not seem to turn the waveform bad, though it's very small, then I always stay on mys with these novelties, if you happen to stop it all and have no related analog source, stay like a fish.
Mr. Goodkat 9:45 AM - 29 November, 2017
serato face was bad, but looking at that screen is gonna be terrible on necks

almost class action bad
DJ Tecniq 12:39 PM - 29 November, 2017
Quote:
serato face was bad, but looking at that screen is gonna be terrible on necks

almost class action bad
canā€™t really see a problem with that it would be no different that looking at turntable markers considering itā€™s the same height or a mixer. As DJā€™s we do a majority of looking down esp when mixing.
DJ Tecniq 12:40 PM - 29 November, 2017
Vinyl markers* i meant
Aptidda 3:47 PM - 29 November, 2017
trying to determine if I want to pre-order, and if so from where? Or just wait for some shops to get them in. I figure if a place has TONS of pre orders you could be waiting much longer than just calling into a store soon to when they are released.

Like when the S9 came out I didn't pre-order, I just went to the store on release day and copped one.

Thoughts?
popnwave 5:25 PM - 29 November, 2017
Quote:
trying to determine if I want to pre-order, and if so from where? Or just wait for some shops to get them in. I figure if a place has TONS of pre orders you could be waiting much longer than just calling into a store soon to when they are released.

Like when the S9 came out I didn't pre-order, I just went to the store on release day and copped one.

Thoughts?

These things looks sweet but unless you have time to deal with bugs, I'd wait 6 months after release to get a set.
DJMIYAGI 6:40 PM - 29 November, 2017
Quote:
I just thought about a cover... a dust cover or something. I guess we will have to case the 12s up ??

Decksaver will have covers for sure
DaltonSR20 2:05 AM - 1 December, 2017
Well damn..... I kinda want one now.

www.instagram.com
djed 9:51 PM - 1 December, 2017
Sucks got message from my local Rane dealer Rane 72 delayed new release date March 2018
DJMIYAGI 12:50 AM - 2 December, 2017
Quote:
Sucks got message from my local Rane dealer Rane 72 delayed new release date March 2018

Exactly why I didn't pre-order. Rane is obviously taking their time to perfect the products before they are released. Hopefully there are no bugs with the first batch
Aptidda 12:56 AM - 2 December, 2017
Just sold the S9 and got the pre order in with guitar center! Yeeee
J.J. 1:23 AM - 2 December, 2017
Rane release this October 13th, so it shouldn't be a shocker for March 2018.

ā€œThe RANE SEVENTY-TWO and TWELVE both will bring several new and advanced features to users. RANE DJ is committed to 100% quality and in doing so has pushed the availability/launch date back to early 2018.ā€
Aptidda 1:40 AM - 2 December, 2017
Y'all better offload those S9's! I got top dollar for mine.
Chino 2:53 AM - 2 December, 2017
I'm glad inMusic Brand's RANE is taking their time to make sure what is released is a quality product.

Im interested to see how their customer service & build quality stacks up against the Legacy Rane company.
Chino 2:58 AM - 2 December, 2017
Quote:
These things look sweet but unless you have time to deal with bugs, I'd wait 6 months after release to get a set.

+1. That is some very good advice.
DMV Dj D-Lux 1:36 PM - 12 December, 2017
I love Rane products. better sound, better quality. I'm in the process of selling my S9. Can't stand the sound, the feel of the fader (even tried replacing it with the infinity and inno faders) and I still didn't like the cut in. My 62 feels better to me than the S9. I'm sold! Rane gives quality and seems to work better with Serato. The s9 fader feels like a 05Pro fader!
DJ Matty Stiles 2:13 PM - 12 December, 2017
Quote:
Can't stand the sound, the feel of the fader

From my experience with Rane and Pioneer mixers, is the crossfader is a lot sharper on the Rane, and a lot softer on the pioneer. Even when I set my 62 crossfader to the slowest setting its still almost double the cut in on medium setting of the DJM 900.

I personally prefer the Pioneer fader for blending, its a lot smother. For cutting theyre both very sharp

Do you find my descrpition of the curve accurate? Is this whats bugging you?
DJ Matty Stiles 2:15 PM - 12 December, 2017
and I could be wrong, but the Rane 62 crossfader seems a little shorter in length than pioneer. At least it feels that way
DJ Tecniq 4:27 PM - 12 December, 2017
The S9ā€™s cut in can be changed in the Pioneer utility at like 0.1 mm that is incredibly sharpšŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
Aptidda 9:44 PM - 12 December, 2017
Since I sold my S9 last week I picked up a Vestax PMC 06 Pro VCA to hold me over until my Seventy Two is shipped. Funny enough the old Vestax mixer sounds warmer and better than my S9 did.

I was never completely satisfied with the S9 fader either. I even adjusted it (via software) to the 0.1 mm increment (which only stayed that sharp when plugged into a computer). Without a computer hooked up the S9 cut in was no good, ESPECIALLY on the upfaders.

Cant wait for the Rane and glad I got top dollar for the S9. Get rid of em while ya can!
Robbie O 10:37 PM - 12 December, 2017
So now the S9 is inferior to some thing that hasn't even come out yet?...

I'd rather lose out on selling the S9 for "top dollar" (really just a couple hundred) and get the 72 after the hype is proven to be real, than be out of a top of the line battle mixer for months while hoping the 72 meets the hype.
Aptidda 10:48 PM - 12 December, 2017
Quote:

I'd rather lose out on selling the S9 for "top dollar" (really just a couple hundred) and get the 72 after the hype is proven to be real, than be out of a top of the line battle mixer for months while hoping the 72 meets the hype.

The Vestax PMC 06 PRO will do me just fine while I wait, got it for $100. Keep yer eyes peeled for the reviews, S9 is gonna be doo doo next to the 72.
Mr. Goodkat 10:52 PM - 12 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

The Vestax PMC 06 PRO will do me just fine while I wait, got it for $100. Keep yer eyes peeled for the reviews, S9 is gonna be doo doo next to the 72.

you know the s9 works, it has a huge user base and is currently the standard in battle mixers. 72 has been pushed back a year, has new tech that hasnt been battle tested and is made by a company that has never made rane mixers and has made some decent products and lots of iffy to not great products.

why are ppl losing all rationale over these 2 products?
DJMIYAGI 11:36 PM - 12 December, 2017
Quote:

why are ppl losing all rationale over these 2 products?

Probably because the 57 and 62 are hands down some of the best mixers ever made so the 72 will follow the trend and DJs have been asking for a 12" motorized platter controller and now they have to wait even longer for both products.
Mr. Goodkat 11:46 PM - 12 December, 2017
i get the anticipation, but this some of the recent posts have the rationale of an ancient aliens episode
DJMIYAGI 11:57 PM - 12 December, 2017
Quote:
i get the anticipation, but this some of the recent posts have the rationale of an ancient aliens episode

Yeah I would never sell my current mixer before the new one I have my eye on comes out. I may even wait to get a 72 to make sure there are no issues, but I think that is another reason Rane is taking their time. Everyone is concerned about Chinese manufacturing but I would bet money that you can't tell the difference between an American assembled SL4 vs a Chinese assembled SL4. People worry too much.
SG SOUNDS 12:53 AM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
and is made by a company that has never made rane mixers

Remember although rane is no more in music kept most of the original engineers that worked on all the past rane mixer, this is the same crew thats working on the 72
Aptidda 2:03 AM - 13 December, 2017
Ya that comment was stupid. It's still the same core team just now have a parent company = more funding and resources. The inmusic partnership only helped rane.
DJ Tecniq 2:33 AM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
I was never completely satisfied with the S9 fader either. I even adjusted it (via software) to the 0.1 mm increment (which only stayed that sharp when plugged into a computer). Without a computer hooked up the S9 cut in was no good, ESPECIALLY on the upfaders
Wow this was actually fixed in a firmware update and no longer a problem with the cut-in.
Aptidda 3:08 AM - 13 December, 2017
I was running the latest firmware. The upfaders were doo doo. And the regular fader was def not .1 mm.
Ragman 4:45 AM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Remember although rane is no more in music kept most of the original engineers that worked on all the past rane mixer, this is the same crew thats working on the 72

What he said ...
Mr. Goodkat 5:25 AM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
Ya that comment was stupid. It's still the same core team just now have a parent company = more funding and resources. The inmusic partnership only helped rane.

no it didnt. thats ridiculous. there is simply no way that inmusic will be a better company than rane. you must not have owned many rane products over the years
Logisticalstyles 12:11 PM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

A lot can go wrong between the engineering phase and the manufacturing phase. The people at the old Rane that assembled and tested the products are not around anymore.
Chino 1:08 PM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
A lot can go wrong between the engineering phase and the manufacturing phase. The people at the old Rane that assembled and tested the products are not around anymore.

This! Rane EARNED my trust over the years. InMusic Brand hasn't earned my trust & their current customer service is no where near the level of the legacy RANE company!!
dj Krazey leo 4:41 PM - 13 December, 2017
Sad but true.
Aptidda 11:46 PM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
you must not have owned many rane products over the years

Lol sure; TTM 54i / TTM 56 / Sixty One. All been phenomenal. Can't wait for the Seventy Two to trump all you S9 fanboys (tossed mine and will never be looking back for the seventy two pre order).
Mr. Goodkat 11:55 PM - 13 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lol sure; TTM 54i / TTM 56 / Sixty One. All been phenomenal. Can't wait for the Seventy Two to trump all you S9 fanboys (tossed mine and will never be looking back for the seventy two pre order).

i was hoping you hadn't so your comment didnt seem so misinformed
Aptidda 2:45 AM - 14 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i was hoping you hadn't so your comment didnt seem so misinformed

I know right?
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:44 PM - 14 December, 2017
Sold your tested and trusted for a product that's not been released.

The older Rane products were all simple enough to make, rane sound and good faders but remember they had no screens. Jury is out on how the screens will play especially as they seem to be Serato baked.

Will they cause too much stress on computer resources?

I have both the S9 and 62. I enjoy playing on my S9 way more than the 62.

You are taking a risk there...But then you could be a winner.

Do let's us know how you get on with the 72 when it gets released in a few months.

Rane hasn't released any firmware updates in like forever for their current products btw. is the 72 and 12 taking all their time.
Bondage 9:45 AM - 27 January, 2018
Did you guys seen the Namm vids?? How nice can a mixer be? Crazy product !! No words
dj_soo 9:52 AM - 27 January, 2018
such a sexy mixer. I hope they don't release with any major defects...
Bondage 9:57 AM - 27 January, 2018
it's pure magic mixer. When they touched the effect toggles you could see on the screen how accurate it activated the effect... My god my god my god my god ... There will be bugs like all new products :( but njaaah ... Can't wait, this is the most exiting moment in my life (dj gear wise)
cheeba (the believer) 11:28 AM - 27 January, 2018
anyone at namm or in the know who can confirm if there are any limitations to the footswitch options like the original 57 had? (3 switch)

I saw briefly there was footswitch settings in the touch screen menu???

keen to use duel expression pedals and buttons.
SG SOUNDS 5:39 PM - 27 January, 2018
the agiprodj in depth review is the best in depth review of the 72 thus far...I'm glad I sold my s9 the 72 is by far superior
dj zaza 5:49 PM - 27 January, 2018
first all praised the 62, then arrived S9 and everyone to say that is the best, now everyone to say that 72 is better, I believe it is a new product, or rather it is the copy of the S9 have only added a screen and pads, and sincerely all those buttons only create confusion. Surely pioneer will bring out something similar if not more advanced.
Rebelguy 7:27 PM - 27 January, 2018
Everybody always wants whatā€™s shiny and new.
Bondage 7:38 PM - 27 January, 2018
I want a mixer that still looks shiny after 5years ... All my pio gear always look like shit after 2 years ... I am older now and i not want to buy again and again...
roy rohypnol 8:20 PM - 27 January, 2018
Do the new Rane mixers have lexan faceplates??
dj_soo 9:37 PM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:
first all praised the 62, then arrived S9 and everyone to say that is the best, now everyone to say that 72 is better, I believe it is a new product, or rather it is the copy of the S9 have only added a screen and pads, and sincerely all those buttons only create confusion. Surely pioneer will bring out something similar if not more advanced.

72 is what the s9 should have been to me.

The fact that they didn't bother to make the controls independent for left and right was a huge dealbreaker for me and a lot of other people.
Dave-M 10:47 PM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:

The fact that they didn't bother to make the controls independent for left and right was a huge dealbreaker for me and a lot of other people.

It was the shitty non magnetic channel faders for me. No reason for them to be like that on a mixer of that price aimed at turntablists.
SG SOUNDS 10:52 PM - 27 January, 2018
Quote:

Many people prefer Rane over Pioneer no matter what Pioneer brings out.. the 72 was in development before the s9
DJ Tecniq 7:01 AM - 28 January, 2018
Thatā€™s funny cause Iā€™ve seen so many people sell their Rane mixers for the S9. And itā€™s been rumored Rane has a serious problem with their drivers.
dj zaza 8:30 AM - 28 January, 2018
You're right, I also had a 62 and I changed for S9, because the drivers had no more development, and I did not want to find myself with an obsolete mixer. DJ Tcniq, in Italy, they say people go according to where the flag is going, in this forum the same, now the problem of the Pioneer S9 was not to be able to have separate pads, I do not seem to have seen the DJs of RedBull having problems with S9 during the performances, because they did not have separate pads.
dj_soo 9:07 AM - 28 January, 2018
I specifically refused to buy the s9 because of the pad controls.If you can live with it, more power to you, but I want to dj a certain way and not make compromises _ especially when I'm paying that much.
dj_soo 9:07 AM - 28 January, 2018
This is not a new thing - people - including me - were bitching about it before the mixer even came out.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:56 AM - 28 January, 2018
There is no perfect mixer or do hardware. The one that ticks all the boxes with everything you desire you have to decide what's important to you

No Rane mixer till date has a BPM detect for RCA sources the Pioneer S9 (And several other models have this basic feature) that's important to me as I bounce between Serato and USB music.

Has any Rane device had a firmware update since InMusic took over? The relaunched SL4? That's my greatest concern re the new Rane.
dj_soo 10:00 AM - 28 January, 2018
There's no perfect hardware, but certain missteps can be dealbreakers for some people.

Given denon's poor support for the mcx8000, firmware is absolutely a concern.
Dave-M 1:12 PM - 28 January, 2018
No idea if the Rane people are to be trusted regarding firmware updates, but they have a lot to live up to and if they don't, I think they know, as do we, that their brand will be pretty much dead if they mess the 72 and 12 up.

Still wouldn't buy an S9 though!
Cnspeace 1:52 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't touched the s9. What do people mean when they say this about the channels not being independent ?
Chino 4:04 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
No idea if the Rane people are to be trusted regarding firmware updates, but they have a lot to live up to and if they don't, I think they know, as do we, that their brand will be pretty much dead if they mess the 72 and 12 up.

+1
CMOS 4:42 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't touched the s9. What do people mean when they say this about the channels not being independent ?

The pad modes affect both decks at once. Meaning you can have cue point pads on deck 1, and loop roll on deck 2 at the same time. The 72 has independent pad modes for each deck.

Not a deal breaker for me at all, i really only use either cue points or the sampler.
CMOS 4:43 PM - 28 January, 2018
Oops "Meaning you CANT have..."

Typo.
Cnspeace 5:13 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The pad modes affect both decks at once. Meaning you can have cue point pads on deck 1, and loop roll on deck 2 at the same time. The 72 has independent pad modes for each deck.

Not a deal breaker for me at all, i really only use either cue points or the sampler.

Gotcha...I wouldn't like that either. I use cues, sampler and beat jump, so I would hate that. Got the 72 on pre-order. I got a DJ-808 in the meantime and it's independent pre channel. No way I would switch at this point. I would think they would switch that in firmware updates for the S9 but I guess not considering how long its been around.
DJ Tecniq 8:23 PM - 28 January, 2018
I feel bad for those buying the 72. They need to get the kinks fixed first. It was rumored SDJ Pro crashed multiple times at NAMM and they had to reinstall drivers etc. not a good luck
Chino 8:34 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
I feel bad for those buying the 72. They need to get the kinks fixed first. It was rumored SDJ Pro crashed multiple times at NAMM and they had to reinstall drivers etc. not a good luck

InMusic Brand can NOT afford to release this product half baked and/or full of bugs!

I certainly hope all the driver/firmware issues are resolved PRIOR to product release!!!
Dave-M 8:56 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:

Don't feel sorry for us, feel sorry about the resale value of your S9 once the 72 is released lol.
Dave-M 8:57 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

InMusic Brand can NOT afford to release this product half baked and/or full of bugs!

I certainly hope all the driver/firmware issues are resolved PRIOR to product release!!!

+1
Cnspeace 9:00 PM - 28 January, 2018
I heard nothing but good reviews on the 72. The 12 on the other hand was mixed. Serato Pro reviews I have heard mixed things also. Im sure they will have it straight before it is shipped. I heard nothing about a crash. I did hear about latency with the twelves they supposedly adjusted and was fixed on the last day. All good news from multiple sources on the mixer though.
Chino 10:27 PM - 28 January, 2018
Quote:
I did hear about latency with the twelves they supposedly adjusted and was fixed on the last day.

This is one of my main concerns about these new products from Rane (InMusic Brand). Ultra low latency is an absolute necessity! In order for these products to be successful, there needs to be 0 issues regarding latency.
DJ Fluke 613 2:13 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Thatā€™s funny cause Iā€™ve seen so many people sell their Rane mixers for the S9. And itā€™s been rumored Rane has a serious problem with their drivers.

Who is your source Mr negative ? If you heard, where did you hear it ? I mean you must have a source ? I personally think your penis doesn't go up anymore, and you blame Serato for it
Bondage 7:06 AM - 29 January, 2018
This wil be the best mixer ever made !! And they must do promo like PIoneer -> look the DSJ 1000 promo vid where Pioneer is hyping a "mute" button like it's crazy technology woehahaha #LOL!!
DJ Tecniq 7:09 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Who is your source Mr negative ? If you heard, where did you hear it ? I mean you must have a source ? I personally think your penis doesn't go up anymore, and you blame Serato for it
The proof is all over the forum maybe you should google how many problems users are having with Rane mixers.
Bondage 7:15 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
The proof is all over the forum maybe you should google how many problems users are having with Rane mixers.

You are paid by Pioneer. I worked in DJ shop and i can say you that I LOVED SELLING RANE cause it's was so easy -> client happy and no aftersales problems !! I say again no aftersales problems...
DJ Tecniq 7:19 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
You are paid by Pioneer. I worked in DJ shop and i can say you that I LOVED SELLING RANE cause it's was so easy -> client happy and no aftersales problems !! I say again no aftersales problems...
Not paid by Pioneer just stating facts. Rane doesnā€™t keep up with their drivers esp when new OS X arrives. Pioneer doesnā€™t have issues with this itā€™s just the truth.
DJ Fluke 613 10:58 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Not paid by Pioneer just stating facts. Rane doesnā€™t keep up with their drivers esp when new OS X arrives. Pioneer doesnā€™t have issues with this itā€™s just the truth.

Can you show me one source all over the Internet ? Again your just running your mouth , as you just like to bash Serato, seems like you get a joy about posting negative comments, although you continue to use it... Hmmm.... Your a strange door knob.
Cnspeace 11:36 AM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can you show me one source all over the Internet ? Again your just running your mouth , as you just like to bash Serato, seems like you get a joy about posting negative comments, although you continue to use it... Hmmm.... Your a strange door knob.

According to the Rane reps, the mixer is great. The 12 had mixed reviews and the software is buggy. Still expected to ship both units mid March. Believe what you want.
Cnspeace 11:37 AM - 29 January, 2018
Also I hate Macs. So we have no clue what this software can do. Esp if they used High Sierra at NAMM. What will it do it a regular display on Windows ? No one here knows a thing.
SG SOUNDS 3:00 PM - 29 January, 2018
Itā€™s also confirmed th 72 has the same soundcard as the Rane MP2015...S9 mixers are up for sale like crazy on eBay
popnwave 3:57 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Itā€™s also confirmed th 72 has the same soundcard as the Rane MP2015...S9 mixers are up for sale like crazy on eBay

If that holds true, oooooooooh baby that's awesome.
Ragman 4:26 PM - 29 January, 2018
Yeah looks like the average asking price is $1400-1500 mint cond. Should drop even further once the Rane 72 hits the streets (albeit with no major problems).
Ragman 4:31 PM - 29 January, 2018
No matter how much Pioneer faithfuls complain about Rane ripping off the Pio S9 or how much hateration you have for Rane, one thing that can't be denied is Rane made this mixer based on all the shortcomings of the S9 and the S9 was considered badass when it first hit the scene. Man you gotta love competition.
Aptidda 5:01 PM - 29 January, 2018
like I said previously, S9's are going for $800 now because everyone (including myself) wanted to get rid of it for the NEW KING OF MIXERS the Rane 72. All those on this forum complaining are just mad because they cant scrape together 3 schillings, let alone two thousand dollars for a new mixer. Broke complainers, sit on the sidelines and check my unboxing when my pre ordered unit gets shipped to my home.
Aptidda 5:16 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

go cry me a river brokey mcbrokerson.
DJ Marv the Maverick 6:07 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
like I said previously, S9's are going for $800 now because everyone (including myself) wanted to get rid of it for the NEW KING OF MIXERS the Rane 72. All those on this forum complaining are just mad because they cant scrape together 3 schillings, let alone two thousand dollars for a new mixer. Broke complainers, sit on the sidelines and check my unboxing when my pre ordered unit gets shipped to my home.

Luckily I'm not in a position where I need to sell my S9 to cop the 72 šŸ˜Ž and you Americans have it easy with your various payment plans. So what are you on about?...You sold your S9 and call other forum users "broke complainers" Not cool chief.
DJ Tecniq 6:53 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Stop lying. You prob sold your S9 cause you donā€™t know how to use itšŸ˜‰
Aptidda 6:56 PM - 29 January, 2018
I apologize for my ignorance and negativity. To be honest I just placed my S9 into the dumpster, where it belongs.
deejayayup 7:02 PM - 29 January, 2018
If I had the choice between the two, right now, I'd go for the 72, no doubt. I bought the S9 last year and it is disappointing that you can't have different pad functions for each deck but it's not enough for me to sell the mixer and spend even more. The S9 is good enough for me.
Mr. Goodkat 7:37 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
to get rid of it for the NEW KING OF MIXERS the Rane 72. All those on this forum complaining are just mad because they cant scrape together 3 schillings, let alone two thousand dollars for a new mixer. Broke complainers, sit on the sidelines and check my unboxing when my pre ordered unit gets shipped to my home.

you gotta be the douchiest dj ever on this board. (as in douche bag)
Aptidda 7:56 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
to get rid of it for the NEW KING OF MIXERS the Rane 72. All those on this forum complaining are just mad because they cant scrape together 3 schillings, let alone two thousand dollars for a new mixer. Broke complainers, sit on the sidelines and check my unboxing when my pre ordered unit gets shipped to my home.

you gotta be the douchiest dj ever on this board. (as in douche bag)

sweet, thanks bro!
AKIEM 9:30 PM - 29 January, 2018
Rane 57mkii FTW.
Rebelguy 10:21 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:

What clubs do you do in the Bay? Iā€™d like to see you in action usIng Serato DJ to its fullest.
Aptidda 10:29 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

What clubs do you do in the Bay? Iā€™d like to see you in action usIng Serato DJ to its fullest.

I don't do clubs, only kids carnivals.
Rebelguy 10:38 PM - 29 January, 2018
Dope. All the multi-colored lights on the 72 will be perfect for those events.
DJ Tecniq 11:00 PM - 29 January, 2018
Quote:
Dope. All the multi-colored lights on the 72 will be perfect for those events.
DJ Carni in the mix!
Cnspeace 2:59 AM - 30 January, 2018
Quote:
Rane 57mkii FTW.

Got one for sale if you know anyone ! I love it swear I do...but that 72 is on the way !
Bondage 5:49 PM - 2 February, 2018
good review

Watchwww.youtube.com
dj Krazey leo 1:00 AM - 3 February, 2018
Best one for sure
BobbyDuracel 3:58 AM - 6 February, 2018
Quote:
I wonder if Chinese hate buying shit overland.

Like what? Flags to use as chair covers? ;)
BobbyDuracel 4:11 AM - 6 February, 2018
(because aside from the stars and stripes, I'm pretty sure they manufacture just about everything they need)
WildcardX 4:28 PM - 9 February, 2018
So how about that word around town that the Seventy-Two has been pushed back to a April 22nd release date treating every one in here?
Aptidda 4:30 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
So how about that word around town that the Seventy-Two has been pushed back to a April 22nd release date treating every one in here?

that's some BS "word around town" mister. They just posted this morning on the official range IG that its March. So ya, your wrong.
BobbyDuracel 5:14 PM - 9 February, 2018
Any idea if the sampler channel will be open to ableton live or the Serato sample plugin (controller via push 2)?
WildcardX 6:10 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

that's some BS "word around town" mister. They just posted this morning on the official range IG that its March. So ya, your wrong.

Actually heard it from a DJ Colleague that has his pre-order with GC and this is what htey told him this morning.
Mr. Goodkat 6:25 PM - 9 February, 2018
from 3:19 PM - 17 October, 2017

Quote:
2017 odds 20-1
jan 2018 odds 8-1
by mar 2018 4-1
by june 2018 3-2

never 50-1

remember when people were sure it was gonna drop by the end of the year?

then after NAMM?

now its april?

my June prediction keeps looking better
WildcardX 6:32 PM - 9 February, 2018
And if it is this IG post that's being referred to.
www.instagram.com

All this says is "Battle season starts March 2018", not the release date.
popnwave 6:42 PM - 9 February, 2018
I've yet to hear Rane say ONE thing on street date yet, just a bunch of chuckleheads speculating on forums like this. Getting yourselves all riled up and then laughed at.

It will be here when it is time.
AKIEM 6:49 PM - 9 February, 2018
lol
WildcardX 6:59 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
I've yet to hear Rane say ONE thing on street date yet, just a bunch of chuckleheads speculating on forums like this. Getting yourselves all riled up and then laughed at.

It will be here when it is time.

Oh, I'll be here for much longer as I really want to see how it goes. I did also get the reason for the possible push back but didn't want to mention it here because it might be kinda obvious what it is anyways.
Aptidda 7:18 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually heard it from a DJ Colleague that has his pre-order with GC and this is what htey told him this morning.

buddy must have been a little late on his pre-order. Mine was placed on December 1st and my most recent notification says 3/8/18. Cant sleep on the pre-order fellas. If you didn't pre order in time you sure will be waiting until April or June. For sure all units sold out.
WildcardX 7:23 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

buddy must have been a little late on his pre-order. Mine was placed on December 1st and my most recent notification says 3/8/18. Cant sleep on the pre-order fellas. If you didn't pre order in time you sure will be waiting until April or June. For sure all units sold out.

I think you misread, GC told him that Rane told them that the release date may be pushed back to April 22. Has nothing to do with when he placed his preorder. Also, that IG post you referenced only said "Battle Season starts march 2018" not the release date of the Seventy-Two. Though I can see where the confusion may come as they used the picture of the mixer and it is a battle mixer. The quoted potential push back date is also due to some technical difficulties.
AKIEM 7:45 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
GC told him

that part right there, whenever I hear someone at GC say something I change that to the Charly Brown phone voice.
Aptidda 7:53 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think you misread, GC told him that Rane told them that the release date may be pushed back to April 22. Has nothing to do with when he placed his preorder. Also, that IG post you referenced only said "Battle Season starts march 2018" not the release date of the Seventy-Two. Though I can see where the confusion may come as they used the picture of the mixer and it is a battle mixer. The quoted potential push back date is also due to some technical difficulties.

Nope, check their comments. Rane said March. Either way I don't care I'm gonna have my unit before all y'all regardless.
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:07 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
Nope, check their comments. Rane said March. Either way I don't care I'm gonna have my unit before all y'all regardless.

Nobody gives a fuck
djdannyd 8:10 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Nobody gives a fuck

+2 fuc*s
Mr. Goodkat 8:22 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Nobody gives a fuck

literally nobody
DJ Tecniq 9:07 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
That mixer still wonā€™t make you a better DJ though.
Rebelguy 9:17 PM - 9 February, 2018
Iā€™m sure he was one of the first ones to get an S9 and will be one of the first ones to get Pioneerā€™s 72 killer when they release it.
Aptidda 9:25 PM - 9 February, 2018
Amen and Amen!
dj_soo 9:40 PM - 9 February, 2018
Something can be said about Pioneer's strategy of announce and then release within a couple months.

This delay will just give pioneer more time to assess what the 72 is offering and release their S9 MKII with features that people will want.
Aptidda 9:55 PM - 9 February, 2018
Quote:
Something can be said about Pioneer's strategy of announce and then release within a couple months.

This delay will just give pioneer more time to assess what the 72 is offering and release their S9 MKII with features that people will want.

please name features that you "want" that the 72 does not have.....
Ragman 12:31 AM - 10 February, 2018
AGI just told me early March so I'm rolling with them.
Mr. Goodkat 4:18 AM - 10 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

you so on the 72's nuts that you aren't getting what he's saying.

this time delay on the 72 will allow Pioneer to copy feature of the 72 for the S9 mk2.

and don't think they wont. and cheaper.
dj_soo 4:40 AM - 10 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

The 72 is everything I want in a mixer. But because it was already leaked back in August and officially announced in October, I have no doubt pioneer has their teams hard at work analyzing the fuck out the 72's feature set and applying it all to their next scratch mixer.

The longer Rane takes to release the 72, the more likely you're going to see an S9 MKII announcement - possibly even before the release of the 72 which is going to fuck Rane so badly. Just look at what the Phase demo at NAMM has done to interest in the Twelves.

What pioneer does is it announces new gear and then releases it within 2 months. While that didn't do much to build hype like it did in the past, what it does as the industry leader is give them a way to take away their competitor's hype who are still announcing and demo-ing gear like a year out.

How many sales of the 72 would be cannibalized if Pioneer announced an S9 MKII in March or even April?

Don't get me wrong, I want the new Rane to succeed and I really want Pioneer knocked from the stranglehold they own because I honestly just don't like their gear. But if you want Rane to succeed and you want them to keep on supporting the 72/Twelves, you should also be hoping they get their mixer out well before Pioneer is ready to announce an S9 MKII because that's going have a significant impact on the 72 sales if it happens which will make it more difficult for InMusic to want to keep the brand going.

Keep in mind they already have a stigma attached now that they are an InMusic brand, so it's already going to be an uphill battle.
WildcardX 4:20 PM - 10 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The 72 is everything I want in a mixer. But because it was already leaked back in August and officially announced in October, I have no doubt pioneer has their teams hard at work analyzing the fuck out the 72's feature set and applying it all to their next scratch mixer.

The longer Rane takes to release the 72, the more likely you're going to see an S9 MKII announcement - possibly even before the release of the 72 which is going to fuck Rane so badly. Just look at what the Phase demo at NAMM has done to interest in the Twelves.

What pioneer does is it announces new gear and then releases it within 2 months. While that didn't do much to build hype like it did in the past, what it does as the industry leader is give them a way to take away their competitor's hype who are still announcing and demo-ing gear like a year out.

How many sales of the 72 would be cannibalized if Pioneer announced an S9 MKII in March or even April?

Don't get me wrong, I want the new Rane to succeed and I really want Pioneer knocked from the stranglehold they own because I honestly just don't like their gear. But if you want Rane to succeed and you want them to keep on supporting the 72/Twelves, you should also be hoping they get their mixer out well before Pioneer is ready to announce an S9 MKII because that's going have a significant impact on the 72 sales if it happens which will make it more difficult for InMusic to want to keep the brand going.

Keep in mind they already have a stigma attached now that they are an InMusic brand, so it's already going to be an uphill battle.

*Round_of_Applause.gif*
Aptidda 4:10 PM - 12 February, 2018
Still Pioneer will be Pioneer. Its not going to rival the build quality of the Rane. Nothing has or ever will.
Mr. Goodkat 7:58 PM - 12 February, 2018
Quote:
Still Pioneer will be Pioneer. Its not going to rival the build quality of the Rane. Nothing has or ever will.

but its not the old rane, its not coming from the old factory.

this is totally different company and no one knows how the quality will be
Cnspeace 8:14 PM - 12 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

but its not the old rane, its not coming from the old factory.

this is totally different company and no one knows how the quality will be

Different Owners....same manufactures/assembly. The suits don't turns screws.
dj_soo 8:20 PM - 12 February, 2018
No, itā€™s completely different manufacturers.

Rane was manufactured and assembled in a factory in Washington state that has since been shut down. The new Rane is using a factory in Taiwan I believe.
Cnspeace 8:30 PM - 12 February, 2018
Quote:

Rane was manufactured and assembled in a factory in Washington state that has since been shut down. The new Rane is using a factory in Taiwan I believe.

Rane reps say different. I trust no one without a badge.
AKIEM 8:49 PM - 12 February, 2018
we don't need no stinking badges
Rebelguy 8:50 PM - 12 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Theyā€™ve already moved the manufacturing of the MP2015 and SL4 to Taiwan. I doubt they have a whole factory open to manufacture the 72.
dj_soo 9:45 PM - 12 February, 2018
Itā€™s being designed in Seattle, but the manufacturing has moved overseas - this has been confirmed many times by InMusic and rane.
AKIEM 10:33 PM - 12 February, 2018
...and former employees
Aptidda 10:56 PM - 12 February, 2018
InMusic has been churning out exceptional products (Denon). I am not worried about the MFG process, they know what they are doing.
desmorider 11:04 PM - 12 February, 2018
Iā€™m looking forward to copping the 72, but it is taking forever. Also I have never had the problem selling a rane mixer that I have had selleg my S9. Iā€™ve had it on CL, and only people interested are the scammers.
Aptidda 11:24 PM - 12 February, 2018
Quote:
Iā€™m looking forward to copping the 72, but it is taking forever. Also I have never had the problem selling a rane mixer that I have had selleg my S9. Iā€™ve had it on CL, and only people interested are the scammers.

Ya that sucks, I was able to get $1300 for my S9 when I sold it back in December. Nowadays you will be lucky to get $800. It's depreciating faster than a new Mercedes AMG. Rane mixers always hold their value a whole lot better than other brands.
Mr. Goodkat 11:33 PM - 12 February, 2018
Quote:

its harder to sell mixers now because there are more of them(models and brands).

It's also no longer necessary for djs to buy stand alone mixers as many people use controllers and many are stand alone mixers for external gear like tts or cdjs.

rane's at this point don't hold their value any better than any other mixer
Mr. Goodkat 11:35 PM - 12 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

ask rane reps if they are going to move the entire company, manufacturing, assembly and workers to china.

the answer will be no.
dj_soo 2:44 AM - 13 February, 2018
Except theyā€™ve already said in interviews that they are moving all the manufacturing to asia
WildcardX 4:05 PM - 13 February, 2018
I really hope that the Denon controllers is not what's being used as a benchmark for this because there is a whole thread with people who got issues with the MCX8000 and got rid of it with the quickness. Even the NS6II had grounding issues with the jog wheel that they recently put out a update. I have also seen lots of people swearing off Denon products in favour of even Roland; and that's just the controller market. Not sure how the Denon X1800 is doing and the only other good enough product has been their SC5000 which is faring well and that's about it, all of these under the InMusic brand.
Cnspeace 1:56 AM - 14 February, 2018
Shout out to all my Asian workers ! LOL I honestly could care less where they made it. I'm a few weeks away..hesitate all you want !
dj_soo 2:56 AM - 14 February, 2018
Personally I have no problem with asian manufacturers if they use the right manufacturers.

All the ā€œpremiumā€ electronics are made there now - including Apple.
Aptidda 4:27 PM - 14 February, 2018
Quote:
Shout out to all my Asian workers ! LOL I honestly could care less where they made it. I'm a few weeks away..hesitate all you want !

Amen!
Dave-M 7:52 AM - 2 March, 2018
Anyone heard anything about a release date for the 72 yet? My retailer pushed it back from mid March to late March but didn't give a date and doesn't have any info.
Cnspeace 3:53 PM - 2 March, 2018
Quote:
Anyone heard anything about a release date for the 72 yet? My retailer pushed it back from mid March to late March but didn't give a date and doesn't have any info.

I heard the 29th...repeat HEARD..all rumor. I talked to my dealer the day before a lot of people said it was another delay. He said the 15th. They all said late March. One person said his inside connect said the 29th. Who knows ?
Aptidda 5:00 PM - 2 March, 2018
Ya my dealer emailed me on Tuesday and advised the new expected date is 3/14. However Guitar Center site says 3/29. I have already been waiting so freaking long that I am no longer paying any attention to when it will be "supposedly" released. I just hope I get to use this mixer before I expire, or my life will feel empty.
Dave-M 6:04 PM - 2 March, 2018
I've messaged Rane on FB, I'll let you know what they say if they reply.
Ollieboy 11:23 PM - 3 March, 2018
Skratchbastid testing the 72 at home. Check his IG story. Pretty dope!
www.instagram.com
Mr. Goodkat 2:06 AM - 4 March, 2018
Quote:
Skratchbastid testing the 72 at home. Check his IG story. Pretty dope!
www.instagram.com

weird that he wouldnt have a vid/pic of it running
dj_soo 2:21 AM - 4 March, 2018
He does - you have to go to his instagram story page rather than just the feed.

So far hes only posted vids of using it with vinyl tho.
dj_soo 4:26 AM - 4 March, 2018
He's posted the mixer used with timecode now.

Gotta click on his icon and it'll take you the instagram stories and it's a series of posts about the 72
Mr. Goodkat 4:20 AM - 5 March, 2018
aH
Dave-M 7:32 PM - 11 March, 2018
Rane never replied. Has anyone heard anything new? Drop dates? Anything?
DjCrystal 5:01 PM - 25 April, 2018
Its April 25th...where the 72 @???
dj_soo 5:02 PM - 25 April, 2018
Out in some countries and pretty much sold out. Still waiting on others. In Canada, it's looking like may
Dave-M 12:41 PM - 26 April, 2018
My 72 and 12 went back on Monday, the 72 for a sticky fader and the 12 for the firmware update and I've just had a text to say they are being delivered back to me tomorrow. Pretty good service so far then!