Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

NEW MAC BOOK PRO 2016 KNOWN ISSUES

DJ LND 7:11 PM - 8 August, 2017
Hi,

I have been using windows for years now. However I really wanted to upgrade to the new mac book pro(2016). I have heard many people having problems with serato on the newest
device . As I will be primarily using the laptop for djing, I would like to know if any of you found a solution to the connectivity issues or if some people have had good experiences with the laptop.

Would you guys advise to buy the new mbp 2016/2017, buy the 2015 version or wait until apple releases the next version?

I am really suck here because I don't have any experience with apple and it's quite an investment for me.

Thanks for any feedback!!!
DjSyndic8 8:24 AM - 10 August, 2017
Quote:
Hi,

I have been using windows for years now. However I really wanted to upgrade to the new mac book pro(2016). I have heard many people having problems with serato on the newest
device . As I will be primarily using the laptop for djing, I would like to know if any of you found a solution to the connectivity issues or if some people have had good experiences with the laptop.

Would you guys advise to buy the new mbp 2016/2017, buy the 2015 version or wait until apple releases the next version?

I am really suck here because I don't have any experience with apple and it's quite an investment for me.

Thanks for any feedback!!!

doesn't really matter what Mac you get preferably a i5 or i7 Mac I would definitely use a Mac with an old OSX on it because the reason why these new Macs have issue is because they are running the latest OSX and Serato has not ironed out all the bugs that are associated with new OSX but if you use a old OSX then it would run smoother, I have a 2012 MBP and still running Mountain Lion it works flawlessly with no issues hope this helps
DJ LND 7:45 PM - 10 August, 2017
Hi DjSyndic8.

Yes that is good to know. Thank you... That already helped me a lot!
Joe Fresh 3:38 AM - 18 August, 2017
Just my two cents, as someone who's been DJing with a late-2016 15" MacBook Pro since late December --

If you're using the laptop just for DJing, or you don't need the new features of macOS, you can save a lot of money by getting a 2015 model. If you (like me) use your laptop for more than that, or you like having the latest and greatest hardware and software (also like me), spring for the newer models. You can save a little money by finding a refurbished 2016 model, it'll do just as good a job with Serato as the latest 2017 model.

I have had no stability or performance issues with Serato DJ, and I run the latest versions of both Serato and macOS. There's one issue with hotplugging that Serato is aware of, more info here - support.serato.com

Really just depends on your needs. Hope that helps.