Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ-NS7- El Capitan

Fletch25U 1:16 PM - 21 July, 2017
I am currently running Yosemite with the latest version of SDJ (with no issues) but I want to update my OS to El Capitan due to using a DAW that is not supported before 10.11. I've noticed that people are still having a ton of issues with SDJ-N7Ss-Sierra so that is why I'd like to use a version of El Capitan. Is there is version of El Capitan that is working flawlessly for other NS7 users?
DJ Tecniq 5:29 PM - 21 July, 2017
To be honest El Capitan OS was worse than Sierra there was tons of playback issues under El Capitan. Here's the bad part. You won't be able to access El Capitan because Apple has removed it from the App Store and it is no longer available for download unless you previously downloaded it already or get the install file from someone else. However Sierra is available on the App Store and you will update straight to Sierra and skip El Capitan. If you decide to update to Sierra you may encounter problems. A clean install is always best imo. You can choose what you wish just be aware of the consequences.
Fletch25U 5:34 PM - 21 July, 2017
You can still download El Capitan from the Apple website via email and download link but I will stick with Yosemite. Some say "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" Haha. I'll choose another DAW that is compatible with Yosemite and avoid the problems all together. Thank you for your response Tecniq!!
John Calipari 7:05 PM - 21 July, 2017
I had absolutely no issues with either Yosemite, EL Cap 10.11.6 or Sierra 10.12.6.

I'm even running MacOS High Sierra 10.13 Beta 2 at the moment with no issues with either SDJ 1.96 nor Ableton Live 9.7 Beta.

But since the NS7 requires a driver, that may be the big difference. My controllers are fortunately USB Compliant with Apple which I think lessons OS issues considerably.
Fletch25U 7:18 PM - 21 July, 2017
Lucky you! Haha I was gonna use Logic Pro X but with all of the issues I'm seeing with others systems I will stick to Yosemite and use Ableton Live 9. I really don't want to have any dropouts during a live show or a wedding. That's pretty embarrassing.
DJ Tecniq 11:11 PM - 21 July, 2017
Quote:
Lucky you! Haha I was gonna use Logic Pro X but with all of the issues I'm seeing with others systems I will stick to Yosemite and use Ableton Live 9. I really don't want to have any dropouts during a live show or a wedding. That's pretty embarrassing.
Well from what I've heard Apple has long since fixed the issues with audio through El Capitan I would just make sure you have all the updates. Personally I'm still on Yosemite it uses less CPU and has been great with Serato but do as you wish. Cheers
Fletch25U 12:06 AM - 22 July, 2017
St
Quote:
Quote:
Well from what I've heard Apple has long since fixed the issues with audio through El Capitan I would just make sure you have all the updates. Personally I'm still on Yosemite it uses less CPU and has been great with Serato but do as you wish. Cheers

Sticking with Yosimite