Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Beatjump Loop

Karl Cross 10:19 PM - 20 July, 2017
Coming from Traktor I feel Serato is missing a simple feature (or Ive missed it).
On my S4 i regularly used loops and beat jumped them back or forth with a single selection. If I was doing an 8 bar loop and wanted to move to the next 8, I simply just twisted the dial to do so as under the "move" tab the beatjump settings have a "Loop" option.

On Serato, I have to set the loop length and beat length individually, maybe I'm being lazy, but its so much easier to do it on the fly. Its the lack of this thats putting me off using Serato on my new MC7000 this weekend. Its just another thing that adds to my Serato learning curve.
Mr Wilks 12:40 AM - 25 July, 2017
Hmmm. I lnow tou can do it with some controllers but I can't quite remember off the top of my head. I think it's shift and beat jump from memory.
Mr Wilks 12:40 AM - 25 July, 2017
I know you can*
Karl Cross 1:16 AM - 25 July, 2017
I can do a beat jump from my controller by pressing "Roll". 2 of the buttons allow me to select how many bars to beat jump, and two which direction, But none default to the loop length that I set automatically.
So, if I do a 4 bar loop, e.g bars 1-4, and the jump is set to 8, it will miss out 4 bars and skip to 9-12 sounding very messy. Seems a common issue as I've found by a lot of googling. It appears to be something lacking in the software. On Traktor after the beat jump amounts on the software it says "loop". Therefore if you set an 4 bar loop, and skip back or forwards it will auto do a perfect 4, same with 8, 16, 32 etc.
Karl Cross 1:20 AM - 25 July, 2017
I don't know if I explained it to well in the original post, its a bit tricky to do so without posting a screen grab.

Anyone thats used Traktor for a while will know exactly what I'm trying to describe.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 6:04 AM - 25 July, 2017
Hi Karl Cross,

That feature does exist in Serato DJ and is called Loop Shift :)

It is usually a feature that is mapped to hardware, although the Denon MC7000 does not have a mapping for it. If you wish to, you can use the MIDI Assign function in Serato DJ to re-map any controls you may not be using to this feature.

Cheers,
Michael.
Karl Cross 8:35 AM - 25 July, 2017
Handy to know. Thanks
Can you point me in the right direction as to how I may find this.
I cannot find any info on the internet as to how to set this specific function,
neither can I find information on "loop shift" in the Serato manual.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:17 AM - 26 July, 2017
Try these pages, hopefully this explains it all :)

MIDI Mapping article -> support.serato.com
MIDI Mapping video -> support.serato.com
Karl Cross 10:53 AM - 10 October, 2017
I gave up to trying to do this in the end, I can't map a function that is not in the software . And today, this chap agree's that it is not there!

Starts at 3:13.
youtu.be
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:02 AM - 11 October, 2017
I can assure you the feature he's talking about is there, it just needs to be MIDI mapped :)

Check out the video I linked to earlier -> Watchwww.youtube.com

@ 0:32 you'll see the MIDI panel is open, and the Loop Shift controls are exposed for both decks. This is the function that you're looking for :)
MutterOberin 10:00 PM - 19 October, 2017
Oh nice! I go and MIDI map my SP1 to use KeySync instead of BeatSync!
Mr Wilks 5:08 AM - 20 October, 2017
Quote:
Oh nice! I go and MIDI map my SP1 to use KeySync instead of BeatSync!

I don't think the SP1 can be mapped as it's an OSA (official Serato accessory). Check it out just in case.
MutterOberin 9:55 AM - 20 October, 2017
Yes, that was meant in a sarcastic way ....
Mr Wilks 9:55 PM - 29 October, 2017
Sarcasm in posts is pretty hit and miss...