Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

This is great!

AKIEM 5:38 PM - 13 July, 2017
Congratulations on moving into the Production world. Been dreaming of it for years and years.

Some excellent work flow features you can't get with anything else.

One thing that I always thought was great about SSL that would lend itself to production work flow is the library. I would love to pull samples from the library. Finder is crap.

With that in mind, recording into sampler would be great work flow.

Stand alone, with a minimal sequencer and/or Link would also be great. Being able to make some quick sketches without pulling up the DAW would be super.
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:37 PM - 17 July, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions AKIEM, glad to hear you like it. We'll take your feedback onboard!
Logisticalstyles 6:46 PM - 19 July, 2017
Quote:
Congratulations on moving into the Production world.

Didn't they begin in the production world with Pitch N Time?
AKIEM 7:49 PM - 19 July, 2017
audio processing?

maybe

or Scratch was starting in the production world.
CDK 11:35 PM - 19 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations on moving into the Production world.

Didn't they begin in the production world with Pitch N Time?

I'd say yes. Pitch n Time LE and Pro are extremely powerful time stretch plugins for Pro Tools and Logic. I believe that same technology has been used in Serato Sample.

Serato Sample is the perfect blend of Serato DJ's concept of cue points merged with Pitch n Time and the MIDI capabilities of DAWs. True creative sampling freedom, fast!

There's a reason why Serato Sample wasn't ported over to Pro Tools AAX format. It truly isn't a very creative DAW. I started on Pro Tools and found it very difficult to create music and find inspiration. DAWs like Ableton and Bitwig Studio 2.1 allow you to be creative almost instantaneously.
Serato, Support
Scott S 11:55 PM - 19 July, 2017
Quote:
There's a reason why Serato Sample wasn't ported over to Pro Tools AAX format. It truly isn't a very creative DAW

That wasn't necessarily the reason; our user testing and research showed VST was the most popular format and most common across all DAWs - we will of course consider an AAX format in the future depending on user feedback :)
AKIEM 4:14 AM - 20 July, 2017
Pro Tools wasn't originally meant to be 'creative'.

Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations on moving into the Beat Making Production world. (even though you started as a plug-in so long ago)

that should work