Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

This is great!

AKIEM 5:38 PM - 13 July, 2017
Congratulations on moving into the Production world. Been dreaming of it for years and years.

Some excellent work flow features you can't get with anything else.

One thing that I always thought was great about SSL that would lend itself to production work flow is the library. I would love to pull samples from the library. Finder is crap.

With that in mind, recording into sampler would be great work flow.

Stand alone, with a minimal sequencer and/or Link would also be great. Being able to make some quick sketches without pulling up the DAW would be super.
Scott S 11:37 PM - 17 July, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions AKIEM, glad to hear you like it. We'll take your feedback onboard!
Logisticalstyles 6:46 PM - 19 July, 2017
Quote:
Congratulations on moving into the Production world.

Didn't they begin in the production world with Pitch N Time?
AKIEM 7:49 PM - 19 July, 2017
audio processing?

maybe

or Scratch was starting in the production world.
CDK 11:35 PM - 19 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations on moving into the Production world.

Didn't they begin in the production world with Pitch N Time?

I'd say yes. Pitch n Time LE and Pro are extremely powerful time stretch plugins for Pro Tools and Logic. I believe that same technology has been used in Serato Sample.

Serato Sample is the perfect blend of Serato DJ's concept of cue points merged with Pitch n Time and the MIDI capabilities of DAWs. True creative sampling freedom, fast!

There's a reason why Serato Sample wasn't ported over to Pro Tools AAX format. It truly isn't a very creative DAW. I started on Pro Tools and found it very difficult to create music and find inspiration. DAWs like Ableton and Bitwig Studio 2.1 allow you to be creative almost instantaneously.
Scott S 11:55 PM - 19 July, 2017
Quote:
There's a reason why Serato Sample wasn't ported over to Pro Tools AAX format. It truly isn't a very creative DAW

That wasn't necessarily the reason; our user testing and research showed VST was the most popular format and most common across all DAWs - we will of course consider an AAX format in the future depending on user feedback :)
AKIEM 4:14 AM - 20 July, 2017
Pro Tools wasn't originally meant to be 'creative'.

Quote:
Quote:
Congratulations on moving into the Beat Making Production world. (even though you started as a plug-in so long ago)

that should work