Serato Sample General Discussion

Talk about Serato Sample

ERROR CODE :7 WHEN TRYING TO ACTIVATE PLUGIN

subfuse 1:09 PM - 12 July, 2017
Have been trying to work with the software for a few days but have got to nothing but error 7 when trying to activate my trial. I've done just about everything to change my computer clock and admin (root) settings during installation but still nothing has changed. Because of this im also hesitant to buy the product as ill probably keep getting this error. Wondering if anyones got a fix yet, thanks
subfuse 2:07 PM - 12 July, 2017
i've noticed that online it's got as far as to start my trial regardless of if whether ive actually passed that stage in the plugin as i tried using a different email address to start a trial and it declined saying id already started a trial on this computer using my main account. Am on osx 10.11 attempting to use with ableton and maschine but still can't get past error code 7. Help would be much appreciated
Serato
John Lockhart 7:40 PM - 12 July, 2017
Hi, If your ask support via support.serato.com they should be able to help you.
subfuse 11:48 PM - 12 July, 2017
Hey John i have opened a help request however the advice has been nothing but to keep resetting my date and time the way i've been attempting to for the past few days anyway and then restart. Still left to find a miserable error code 7 when trying to start physically activating the software. Really baffled as to why this is even an issue.
Serato, Support
Kane D 1:42 AM - 13 July, 2017
Hey Subfuse, I've given Marcus a heads up that you're still running into error code 7 so he's going to get back to you soon with some further troubleshooting to try, had you changed your computers clock settings in the past?
subfuse 1:49 AM - 13 July, 2017
Alright thanks Kane. I honestly don't recall having to update my time and date settings before as its always been on automatic so id say ive only ever started changing the date and time settings after having installed serato sample and coming accross error: 7, cheers
Skillitean 6:08 PM - 13 July, 2017
I am getting this error also, I have changed my time in the past. It has been set back to auto update way before this program was released. I was very interested in purchasing this software but I can't even get the trial to login properly.......

I am using OSX 10.11 if that helps.
Serato, Support
Kane D 8:43 PM - 13 July, 2017
Hey Skillitean, open a help request with the team (if you havent already) and we'll get you sorted.

You can open a request here: support.serato.com
Skillitean 8:49 PM - 13 July, 2017
Quote:
Hey Skillitean, open a help request with the team (if you havent already) and we'll get you sorted.

You can open a request here: support.serato.com

I did this morning Kane thanks! I'm just waiting on a response.
Pinewire 3:47 AM - 28 July, 2017
its doing the same for me also
joshtlang 10:45 PM - 22 January, 2018
It's 2018 but I had this error and fixed it by resetting the computers internal clock to the correct time. On a mac you just click the time at the upper right corner and unlock the settings and it will correct the time and fix the problem.
DJ Sean F 5:55 PM - 27 October, 2018
Quote:
It's 2018 but I had this error and fixed it by resetting the computers internal clock to the correct time. On a mac you just click the time at the upper right corner and unlock the settings and it will correct the time and fix the problem.

This did not work for me. I've reset my time and restarted, reinstalled, and every combination I can think of and nothing works. It won't activate. Everything was fine, I've paid for the full version it was working fine for several months all up until yesterday. Customer service is very, very slow to respond considering their clientele depends on them to fix problems like this as soon as possible, or we fail at a gig and lose money. Hopefully someone out there has had this problem. I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.6.
DJ Sean F 12:03 PM - 31 October, 2018
Here’s what I was just told about the Error Code 7 issue via help support:

“Unfortunately, as the clock has been changed at some point, the only way to get around this issue is to reinstall the OS. Sorry that there isn't an easier way around this.”

So because Serato DJ designed the program so that it’s tied to the OS clock, when it errors out the code information tells you to change the clock, then changing the clock screws everything else up. So now we’re supposed to essentially wipe our hard drive all our settings, everything will have to be reconfigured just because they obviously don’t care about the customer enough to fix their own programming.

I’m done with Serato DJ, this was the last straw. Going back to either Dex3, Virtual DJ, or Tracktor which don’t have any of these issues.
monkiusz 5:44 PM - 2 November, 2018
Lol, seriously? What a mess.
DJ Sean F 6:33 PM - 2 November, 2018
Yep seriously. If it wasn’t for the compatibility with SoundSwitch I never would have even bothered, but I just heard from PCDJ that they’re about to make DEX3 compatible with SoundSwitch so perhaps not all is lost!
Thunder Hunch 12:09 PM - 27 December, 2018
I had to clear my cookies, delete the zip file I originally downloaded and downloaded the zip file again from my email. Worked for me.