Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ crashes upon deleting songs.

paazel 5:15 PM - 8 July, 2017
Hello I've been experiencing this bug for about 1 year, where:

- Hitting control + delete to remove a song from Serato will crash the program
- Happens both when a song is playing and also when there are no songs playing
- Only happens when hardware is connected (SL3/SL4)

Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon X1 - Gen 2
- Core i5-4300
- 8GB RAM
- 1TB Samsung Evo SSD
- Win10 x64
deejdave 7:21 PM - 8 July, 2017
Does this happen the second you delete them or when the SW is trying to play the next song etc?
paazel 9:05 PM - 8 July, 2017
The second I delete the song. If I'm playing a song, it will play through, but the screen and serato freezes. I have to force quit serato then relaunch.
Rocs_WitIt 3:03 PM - 9 July, 2017
The same happens randomly for me and its often enough to be a problem, and I'm using a newer MacBook.
deejdave 5:20 PM - 9 July, 2017
This has happened to me recently but it would play through the song fine then crashed when it was switching to next song. I assumed it was because it was looking for a song that was no longer present............... I do a TON of library work almost every day and this was a one time thing so not nearly enough to cause alarm but I would for sure open a help request with Serato for this one.
Rocs_WitIt 5:41 PM - 9 July, 2017
Yeah, Its something that I just started experiencing since I just started to clean up my Serato DJ library. In the last 2 days while deleting songs, it crashed about 7-8 times offline and online. I'm just glad I never thought to delete while i'm at a gig.
paazel 2:41 AM - 11 July, 2017
TBH it's been happening to me for over a year, when I was using my rMBP as well.
DJ Master Prod 7:19 PM - 22 September, 2018
My Serato Pro Dj 2.0.4 has been doing this when offline.
Seismic 9:58 PM - 6 April, 2019
This happens to me regularly while doing "offline" library work. It doesn't have the be the track I'm playing. It happens when I'm not playing a song. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens regularly.
DJ Tecniq 10:54 PM - 6 April, 2019
This is interesting I’ve never had Serato crash in years. I’m on Mac w/Sierra sounds like most of you have a corrupt database and maybe corrupt files. However I’m also not using a Serato box. How many of you are using other hardware and this is happening?
Dj Diamond Lee 4:40 PM - 3 December, 2019
I also have the same issue. When I connected from my Ns7iii and serato.. I delete a song and system crashed.. Any help on this one?
DJ Unique 5:32 AM - 4 December, 2019
This used to happen to me offline on a Windows computer but never live on MacBook Pros.
I would delete a song and CRASH!!!

The problem went away on one of the most recent Serato DJ updates.
Dj Diamond Lee 9:17 AM - 4 December, 2019
I will check to make sure I'm updated
AdamWhite 11:17 PM - 7 December, 2019
happens regularly, and happened twice today.