Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

PRO TIP: Recover Unsaved Recordings

10:33 PM, 28 Jun 2017
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
David Marshall 7:11 PM - 14 July, 2017
Where does it normally save them then because I can only find them in that folder?
roberto67 8:43 AM - 15 July, 2017
I wanted to know why you do not even mp3 recordings and not WAW since in Europe you use MP3.
Thank you
henryb 9:30 PM - 25 September, 2017
is there another location where unsaved recordings are saved? (I had a moron unplug the power cable to my ddj-sx2, which immediately - of course - went on offline mode, while I has recording a set. Is all the recording that I was recording till that moment lost forever, or has SDJ made sure that these recording are automatically saved somewhere? (And, if not, WHY NOT?)
henryb 9:33 PM - 25 September, 2017
(and, no, it wasn't in the "recording temp" folder as I didn't actually shut SDJ down myself, it was an accident that simply happen when you are surrounded by imbeciles, and which may also happen when there's a power cut (more idiots there too, just maybe not in your immediate vicinity...)
Janek Picanté 2:40 PM - 30 October, 2017
Quote:
(and, no, it wasn't in the "recording temp" folder as I didn't actually shut SDJ down myself, it was an accident that simply happen when you are surrounded by imbeciles, and which may also happen when there's a power cut (more idiots there too, just maybe not in your immediate vicinity...)

Hi!

Just have joined to this website and I accidentally lost 2nd part of my latest 2-piece set recording and I thought it was lost until I saw this thread posted here.
It wasn't in the C: but on my HDD D: where my others sets were placed. Dunno why, but somehow I got there also serato-folder where I could find the recording temp and my lost recording also. I thought I missed 1h of my set to smithereens.

Did you find your's yet?
DJ Raphiki 1:02 AM - 22 September, 2018
Lifesaver!!!! Thank you!
DJms Strato 9:16 PM - 14 October, 2018
I was feel depressed, tired, sad, angry at myself and terrible after i closed down Serato without saving my second half. Thank GOD for Serato for saving DJs at a time like this. I was going to cry my scratch hands off my limbs.
Dj Enymix 8:27 PM - 28 November, 2018
Hello, I was recording and forgot to save my recording before my player was disconnected from the plug of my Serato dj pro and I've not been able to find it even in the recording temp also, please I need your help urgently
Hechno 11:08 PM - 9 April, 2019
Sooooo I accidentally double clicked the record button and it started recording again and got rid of my previous recording...... So I of course didn't get a chance to save it. I checked this folder on my computer and its empty, is there any other way of salvaging it? This kind of seems like a flaw in the system to me as I accidentally double click things all the time.... Should it not require you to save/delete before beginning recording again?