DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

My speaker cuts off out of no where.

Rodolfo Rodriguez 4:40 PM - 24 June, 2017
Soo I have been having this speaker for maybe two years its a Harbinger Vari Series V21115 and so far its been great. However, a few months ago I got the High Frequency speaker replaced and its started working fine. That is fixed however, a week ago, I was playing music and I connected a 1/4 cable for mysic and a Mic shure on to it. I don't know if the mic needed Phantom power but it didn't sound as loud as normal mics. Then after i raised the valume you could hear the mic. Here is where the problem starts, ever since then, My speaker cuts off when i am playing music. It doesn't turn off because the power light stays on but the music stops. I tried different cables and different inputs on the speaker and nothing. The music cuts off and then cuts back on after maybe seconds and the power stays back on. I replaced the fuse and still. Any help or what It might be?
Laz219 4:02 AM - 25 June, 2017
I'd assume it's probably thermal protection/clip protection.

If you've had to turn the levels up for the mic, I'd assume your pushing the speaker harder than usual and causing it to hit protectors you may not have encountered before.
Rodolfo Rodriguez 2:46 PM - 25 June, 2017
Quote:
I'd assume it's probably thermal protection/clip protection.

If you've had to turn the levels up for the mic, I'd assume your pushing the speaker harder than usual and causing it to hit protectors you may not have encountered before.

But why does it clip now ? Its even playing that loud?
Taipanic 8:53 PM - 27 June, 2017
If it's not clipping, go get it serviced again. Harbingers are not known for their amazing output and rock solid dependency.