Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Jog Wheel Tension Control

Deejay Avesh 9:00 AM - 20 June, 2017
Hi Guys,

I would love the inclusion of Tension Control Adjustments for controller Jog Wheels - similar to what NI has on Traktor.
I use a Pioneer DDJ-SX, but i'm sure most controllers would benefit from this update so users can customise the feel of the jog wheels according to their preference.
deejdave 4:16 AM - 26 June, 2017
No software update could possibly ever affect the feel of the jog wheels. The feel is a physical thing while software/firmware updates are not. You may be asking to the software to adjust the "decay" or in other words adjust values of rotation Vs. actual platter movement. By adding a preset calculated residual number diminishing to zero you can have the sound (rotation) continue after the platter has actually already stopped moving.
Deejay Avesh 5:49 AM - 26 June, 2017
Hi DeejDave,

Thanks for elaborating. That is exactly what I am looking for. A means of adjusting The sensitivity of the jog wheel and the amount it moves in the software.

That way, no matter the size of the jog a controller has, we can customize it so that it feels more like a 10 or 12" platter.
deejdave 10:40 PM - 26 June, 2017
You are looking to change the behavior within the software only. The sensitivity and feel are physical adjustments that the hardware must be able to adjust itself. I understand what you are trying to say but the terminology is a factor. Just trying to help I promise.
DJ STRETCH - NYC 2:02 PM - 2 July, 2017
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I would love the inclusion of Tension Control Adjustments for controller Jog Wheels - similar to what NI has on Traktor.
I use a Pioneer DDJ-SX, but i'm sure most controllers would benefit from this update so users can customise the feel of the jog wheels according to their preference.

So the tension is the same all the time for us. no matter the controller, it's the same tension. Serato, take control of these devices!!!
deejdave 2:08 PM - 2 July, 2017
The tension is not the same. Being it is a 1:1 physical relation tied to the platter. The platters themselves are all different with some even being adjustable hence the tension could not possibly be the same across all devices.
deejdave 2:12 PM - 2 July, 2017
The best way to exaplify this is actually with the sdj-sx. The platter is tight so there is not much room for backspins etc. never met anyone who wanted to tighten up the tension on s sdj-sx lol.