Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Bridge 2.0/Serato 2.0

BobbyDuracel 7:23 AM - 20 June, 2017
Hey, so the bridge was a wicked idea that was ahead of the CPUs of it's time. TRY AGAIN!

Let's make Serato Sample natively map to Push 2 with 64 slice points. Let's expand that to 64 cues per track, with Push 2 natively mapped to control/launch those as well.

Get rid of the current sample player and just throw in a 64 slot device with Push 2. Hell, call it an ableton sampler if you want.

Also, renew "the bridge" please. Remove some of the functions so it'll actually work, but bring back the basic stuff. Make it automatically freeze tracks on all channels before allowing them to play in Serato, but give us an 8x8 grid as deck C or D that is controlled by the Push 2 natively and can route into our Serato-compatible mixers as a track, so that we can manipulate the frequency knobs, faders, FX and such. An 8x8 clip grid would be sweet! Maybe allow us to manipulate some stuff with the knobs live. Just make it sync and let me trigger clips to a specific channel on my mixer!
deejdave 4:18 AM - 26 June, 2017
With the addition of Ableton LINK we can pretty much guarantee this will not be happening. Most of the functions are able to be used as it was with Bridge but there are WAY more advantages to using LINK.
BobbyDuracel 2:55 PM - 26 June, 2017
See, I don't think it's a guarantee at all. LINK is literally a piece of open-source coding that only does one thing. Everyone in the music application business is going LINK for that reason. There's nothing about adding LINK which necessarily means that Serato will just sit back passively and NOT advance into such things as allowing Ableton to route into a channel on our Serato mixers/platform. In fact, the Serato Sample app makes me wonder if Ableton and Serato are doing just that...

For this to work they're literally 90% there. They have Serato Sample and it maps to Push. They have LINK. They only have to add more sample slots/cue slots & then allow routing into my Dj808.

NI will most certainly add a "maschine deck" into Traktor this year or next & if Serato doesn't do something big, they'll lose more customers. I'm only on this platform because I want the DJ808 functionality, but to be honest I'm not impressed right now. The loops I start on the fly don't start on the grid every time & even after fixing the beat grid analysis on some songs, I have a few which Serato can't seem to figure out. I open Traktor and they just work. Weird.
deejdave 10:30 PM - 26 June, 2017
Time will tell. I don't see it happening.
BobbyDuracel 6:55 AM - 12 July, 2017
Maybe not. I'm still in pursuit of the right setup, for what it's worth.