Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Recording video mixes with ttm 57

Captain Revolution 4:30 AM - 20 June, 2017
Hi guys. I use the Rane ttm 57 with scatch live and the video add-on. I want to record my video mixes. Has anybody got any good ideas about how to do that? I'm happy to buy a program that can do it as long as it is the right program for the job. Preferably it will record my video and audio as 1 file.
Thanks guys.
Viva la revolucion!
popnwave 4:02 PM - 20 June, 2017
OBS can do it for you, if you'd like the stream when you do it CHEW.TV is a great place to do so. Their branded OBS lets you save your set on the fly as you do it, stream it, or both. I use it a lot and even though I use Mix Emergency as my plugin, I am VERY happy with OBS' results doing real time recording vs waiting for Mix Emergency to render my set.
DJ Tecniq 5:16 PM - 20 June, 2017
Quote:
Hi guys. I use the Rane ttm 57 with scatch live and the video add-on. I want to record my video mixes. Has anybody got any good ideas about how to do that? I'm happy to buy a program that can do it as long as it is the right program for the job. Preferably it will record my video and audio as 1 file.
Thanks guys.
Viva la revolucion!
Could of sworn Serato Video already has abuilt in recording feature I recall recording my video sets with my SL3 in the past. However your computer specs will need to be really good or have a decent graphics card to record video cheers.
Captain Revolution 9:23 PM - 20 June, 2017
Thanks guys. I think serato video can do it when used with serato DJ, but I use it with scratch live (because I have the ttm 57 mixer) and from what I understand it doesn't let you record when using scratch live with the video add on.
I'll check out OBS. Is it PC compatible? I forgot to mention I use a PC. It's got a 2GB graphics card, 32GB of ram and a 3.5ghz quad core i7 processor. So it should be powerful enough once I set up with the right program.
popnwave 9:43 PM - 20 June, 2017
Quote:
Thanks guys. I think serato video can do it when used with serato DJ, but I use it with scratch live (because I have the ttm 57 mixer) and from what I understand it doesn't let you record when using scratch live with the video add on.
I'll check out OBS. Is it PC compatible? I forgot to mention I use a PC. It's got a 2GB graphics card, 32GB of ram and a 3.5ghz quad core i7 processor. So it should be powerful enough once I set up with the right program.

Yep, OBS is awesome, open source, cross platform and on my mid 2012 mac it barely hits 12% CPU overall. You should be fine on beefier hardware.

Might take a try or two to figure out the settings you need which is why I suggested playing with Chew.TV since their branded OBS is almost turn key for streaming or recording your stuff.
Captain Revolution 10:04 PM - 20 June, 2017
Thanks popnwave.
I'll check it out and let you know how it goes.
DJ Tecniq 7:39 AM - 21 June, 2017
Quote:
May want to check out a screen capture program called Screenflow I used it to record my video sets on Scratchlive w/SL3 and suprisingly the video quality is outstanding I would make sure your video settings are at "high" or "best" since your computer can handle it. However to record/capture the audio from the video mix you'll need to run a RCA to Aux cable from the mixer into your laptops audio port/Line-in and in Screenflow choose "Line-In" it as your audio device and presto you have your video mix recorded👍🏼
DJ Tecniq 7:49 AM - 21 June, 2017
For example here's an old video set of mine Recorded with Screenflow. I was using Scratchlive and SL3 w/ DJM 700 mixer at the time. Watchvimeo.com
DJ Tecniq 7:55 AM - 21 June, 2017
I use a Mac but Screenflow is also compatible with pc and it's not free screen recording software you have to purchase it.
DJ Tecniq 8:01 AM - 21 June, 2017
Correction: Screenflow is only for Mac I could of sworn it was compatible with pc now but I was mistaken. However there are plenty of screen capture softwares for pc out there.
DJ Tecniq 8:10 AM - 21 June, 2017
So on that not I recommend OBS as well. As I said before in order for you to capture the audio you'll need to route a rca to aux cable from the 57 to your audio port on pc. It will be recorded in realtime. In the mic settings in OBS you'd choose the pc audio card as your audio recording source. OBS is awesome I use it to stream my fb live sets. Here's a demo cheers www.facebook.com
DJ Tecniq 8:10 AM - 21 June, 2017
Note*
Captain Revolution 8:32 AM - 21 June, 2017
Awesome 👍🏽 Thanks DJ Tecniq. I'll get an RCA to headphone jack cable and give that a go.
PS. Nice mixes
DJ Tecniq 9:09 AM - 21 June, 2017
No prob when you get the rca to Aux cord you'd run the RCA's from your mixers aux channel and make sure the aux level on mixer is at a good volume as well in OBS. If you need help hit me up I know quite a bit about OBS.
DJ Tecniq 9:14 AM - 21 June, 2017
Here's a demo of what OBS can do. If you want to record your video mixes you'd add a "display capture" in OBS and choose your 2nd display or whatever display your main video output is displayed onto (projector/tv/computer screen/flatscreen etc.)
youtu.be
djnak 7:05 PM - 23 June, 2017
+1 Screenflow will give you decent results