Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

video freezes

lemonmac13 3:00 AM - 19 June, 2017
Hello everyone.. I recently downloaded serato video. Before i was using virtual dj pro for playing videos.i really like it and it has very nice features but it keeps freezing all the time.. I also choose the lowest quality but it still keeps freezing in almost every video especially the bigger ones. It isn't a computer issue because, virtual dj didn't freeze at all and my computer is new with powerfull specks: macbook pro 15.5, intel i7, 16 gb ram and 500 ssd hd. Anyone may help? Thanks in advance.
DJ Tecniq 10:00 PM - 19 June, 2017
I have a Mac as well and have experienced video freezing too it seems to be an issue with 1.9.6 from what I've seen. It happens with my Pioneer SB2 and Pioneer S9.
lemonmac13 2:39 AM - 20 June, 2017
I also have the pioneer sb2
Juan Carlos Yépez 4:01 AM - 20 June, 2017
Same issue with Denon MCX8000 over Lenovo T440p, 8gb ram and Intel Core i5
KateUptonNYC 9:40 PM - 20 June, 2017
Quote:
Same issue with Denon MCX8000 over Lenovo T440p, 8gb ram and Intel Core i5


Within Windows its issues with Codecs. Although the Mac issue seems to be occurring also, I ran into numerous freeze issues with Windows machines.

What codecs are you using?
DJ Tecniq 6:31 PM - 21 June, 2017
Hey guys I currently have a support ticket open for my video freeze issues so far no resolve yet but I'll keep everyone updated. I'm on Mac and don't recall this happening with previous versions.
milonguero 8:40 PM - 26 June, 2017
I had poor video performance with some codecs on my windows laptop until I installed the K-Lite codec pack.
DJ Tecniq 1:45 AM - 4 August, 2017
Anyone still experiencing this on Mac? Still happening on 2014 Mac as of now spinning video is unstable.
djnak 3:21 AM - 4 August, 2017
Quote:
Hello everyone.. I recently downloaded serato video. Before i was using virtual dj pro for playing videos.i really like it and it has very nice features but it keeps freezing all the time.. I also choose the lowest quality but it still keeps freezing in almost every video especially the bigger ones. It isn't a computer issue because, virtual dj didn't freeze at all and my computer is new with powerfull specks: macbook pro 15.5, intel i7, 16 gb ram and 500 ssd hd. Anyone may help? Thanks in advance.


where are your videos sourced from?....Virtual dj can handle different codecs easier than serato...
DJ Aryes 9:28 PM - 15 August, 2017
same issue here with windows 10, before nothing happen was great but i think is a software problem and they don't do anything to resolved id be a long time since they update the Serato DJ from 1.9.2
DJ Tecniq 9:36 PM - 15 August, 2017
Quote:
same issue here with windows 10, before nothing happen was great but i think is a software problem and they don't do anything to resolved id be a long time since they update the Serato DJ from 1.9.2
What kind of graphics card does your computer have? Try updating any video card drivers from the manufacturer which may help.
Deejay0071 7:27 PM - 30 August, 2017
I'm having the video and software freezing... Also have a ticket open... running pioneer SX2 with a later 2015 mac book pro. standard usb on each side. I find that one side plugged into the controller works better than the other side. Thought it was a latency issue but that isn't it. All files are analyzed 4 days of work. Only seems to do it at early morning hours. Playing a gig that last over 4 hours, and the worries start coming on. Seems to happen between 1 - 3 am... Not a computer thing... All updates are set to off and WIFI/Bluetooth are off... Did all the suggested optimization things but still not working correctly. Just downloaded and installed the new version 1.9.7... I'm going to set it up tonight and let it run for a couple days...
lemonmac13 4:43 PM - 3 September, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hello everyone.. I recently downloaded serato video. Before i was using virtual dj pro for playing videos.i really like it and it has very nice features but it keeps freezing all the time.. I also choose the lowest quality but it still keeps freezing in almost every video especially the bigger ones. It isn't a computer issue because, virtual dj didn't freeze at all and my computer is new with powerfull specks: macbook pro 15.5, intel i7, 16 gb ram and 500 ssd hd. Anyone may help? Thanks in advance.


where are your videos sourced from?....Virtual dj can handle different codecs easier than serato...


From dvd rips till downloaded from youtube
lemonmac13 4:44 PM - 3 September, 2017
all loaded on an external hard drive usb3
Dj Russian 7:20 PM - 28 February, 2018
saw issue with the new update 2.0 my freezes which sucks - serato why can't you guys address this issue? it's not from now and its not only one person complains about its many get your stuff in gear and try fix this issue on an update
Deejay0071 7:25 PM - 28 February, 2018
I'm hearing there are tons of issues with Pro 2.0. I sure hope it is resolves soon... Serato placed the blame on Apple b4... now what???

RecordBox and ME looks like a reliable option...
popnwave 11:54 PM - 28 February, 2018
ME has always been the best option.
Dj Russian 4:44 AM - 7 March, 2018
what is ME
popnwave 3:46 PM - 7 March, 2018
ME = Mix Emergency

www.inklen.com
Dj Cris Entertainment 10:17 AM - 13 July, 2018
I Have a Sony Vaio with 6gb of ram and I Recently bought Serato Dj Pro suite and the video is freezing and on Virtual Dj it wasn’t freezing at all I need help becuse it didn’t work for a gig and I just had my TV’s with my logo and no video because it freezes Can anyone help me Pls
Im Using and DDJ SB3
popnwave 2:35 PM - 13 July, 2018
I'd stick to VDJ until Serato Video gets a 64bit update.
Dj Cris Entertainment 2:40 PM - 13 July, 2018
Isn’t Serato dj pro a 64 bit program
popnwave 2:45 PM - 13 July, 2018
SDJ Pro is, SV, the plug in is not and hasn't had any developer love in a long time.

SV on Windows requires a ton of tinkering with video codecs :(
DJ Tecniq 2:54 PM - 13 July, 2018
What are the specs of your Sony Vaio’s video card? SV needs a really powerful video card for best performance.
DJ Tecniq 2:55 PM - 13 July, 2018
To be specific there’s a select few that have luck running SV on Windows.
DJNitro12 11:41 PM - 29 July, 2018
Where's all the Serato tech guys at? Why aren't they chiming in? When's there going to be an update, if ever?
popnwave 2:42 PM - 30 July, 2018
Probably won't see anything new from them until there is an update because the known issues can't be fixed.
DJ A.K 8:15 AM - 20 August, 2018
My videos freeze after playing for about 3 seconds until I load another song on the other deck. Sometimes when I load a video it’s only audio no video. Brand new HP windows 10, i7 , 16gb ram. Bought it because the video quality is awesome but this freezing sucks! I use a Rane 61 and this doesn’t happen with my MacBook Pro.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
DJ Tecniq 12:54 PM - 20 August, 2018
Quote:
My videos freeze after playing for about 3 seconds until I load another song on the other deck. Sometimes when I load a video it’s only audio no video. Brand new HP windows 10, i7 , 16gb ram. Bought it because the video quality is awesome but this freezing sucks! I use a Rane 61 and this doesn’t happen with my MacBook Pro.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
What kind of video card does the HP have? If it is not at least a 2 gig dedicated video card you won’t have much luck.