Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ V. 1.9.6 crashed using Pioneer - DDJ-SB

IsaiahIM 6:08 PM - 15 June, 2017
Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone is using DDJ-SB Controller using Serato DJ 1.9.6 Version. Last week during a party, my controller started to crash after playing 3 hours. The right hand platter froze and would not play. After it crashed, monitors and subwoofer would produced a huge buzzing noise. I had to shutdown and reboot, but after 10-20 minutes same thing happened. Has anyone experienced this type of issue?

thanks
IsaiahIM
DJ Tecniq 7:58 PM - 15 June, 2017
What are the specs of your laptop?
DjSyndic8 11:47 AM - 17 June, 2017
Quote:
Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone is using DDJ-SB Controller using Serato DJ 1.9.6 Version. Last week during a party, my controller started to crash after playing 3 hours. The right hand platter froze and would not play. After it crashed, monitors and subwoofer would produced a huge buzzing noise. I had to shutdown and reboot, but after 10-20 minutes same thing happened. Has anyone experienced this type of issue?

thanks
IsaiahIM

are you using a trial version of Serato DJ?
Serato, Support
Jordan L 2:08 AM - 19 June, 2017
Quote:
What are the specs of your laptop?

Hey there,

Please let us know the specs of your computer so we can help out :)

Cheers.
Mike Butler 7:31 AM - 19 June, 2017
Might be overheating, I had a similar problem with my laptop when I switched to using the NVidia GPU rather than the Intel graphics. After a few hours the display stopped then the whole thing crashed and the laptop was a lot hotter than usual. Switched back to Intel graphics and it's been fine ever since.

Mike
DJ Tecniq 9:31 AM - 19 June, 2017
Quote:
Might be overheating, I had a similar problem with my laptop when I switched to using the NVidia GPU rather than the Intel graphics. After a few hours the display stopped then the whole thing crashed and the laptop was a lot hotter than usual. Switched back to Intel graphics and it's been fine ever since.

Mike
Assuming you're using a Mac? I had a Mid 2010 mbp and the nvidia chip was faulty. A lot of the 2010-2011 machines had bad graphics cards and whenever my machine auto switched graphics it would crash and restart. Not saying that's your issue but a laptop is not supposed to crash or have display issues. If you still have it I suggest you get it tested as it sounds like a defect. Also the intel chip is your integrated graphics card the nvidia is the dedicated graphics card which is the more powerful for use with multiple applications or audio software. Good luck
DJ Tecniq 9:39 AM - 19 June, 2017
To add I still have my old Mid 2010 Mac but it is useless cause it has to stay on integrated graphics at all times it never really overheated per say but the auto graphics switching and the nvidia chip is what caused my issue. They actually recalled my Mac but I missed the recall date it would take $350+ or more to replace the logic board so instead I just upgraded the machine to a 2014 mbp and it's been solid ever since. I hope take yours to a shop and have it tested your nvidia chip should not have those issues.
Mike Butler 9:48 AM - 19 June, 2017
This one was actually an HP laptop and I've read other people have had similar issues with cooling. It's fine on the Intel, but the Nvidia can overheat with continuous heavy use.

Mike
IsaiahIM 8:44 PM - 19 June, 2017
Hi All,

Thank you guys for the input and I am using MBPro Mid 2012, 2.5 GHz Core i5. I did notice the MB has been getting a bit hot lately. I will be running some tests and to rule out laptop.

thanks again for the input,
DJ Tecniq 8:51 PM - 19 June, 2017
Quote:
This one was actually an HP laptop and I've read other people have had similar issues with cooling. It's fine on the Intel, but the Nvidia can overheat with continuous heavy use.

Mike
I see gotcha. It's always best to use a cooling pad or it very well could be a defect with the card whether it's pc or not. Just being cautious👍🏼
DJ Tecniq 8:52 PM - 19 June, 2017
Quote:
Hi All,

Thank you guys for the input and I am using MBPro Mid 2012, 2.5 GHz Core i5. I did notice the MB has been getting a bit hot lately. I will be running some tests and to rule out laptop.

thanks again for the input,
Hi since you're on Mac to greatly reduce this you can download "SMCFancontrol" it is a free program that keeps your mac fans cool when needing high performance esp if video mixing. It greatly reduces overheating. Cheers