Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato DJ Video no screen output

vber 8:41 AM - 14 June, 2017
Hi there.

I've installed Serato DJ on my Apple Mac Book Pro i7 with a Pioneer DDJ-SR but i have no screens output. My main video output is playing correctly and sound too. But those 3 little screens on Serato's DJ are black. Can you help me pls?
popnwave 2:44 PM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:
Hi there.

I've installed Serato DJ on my Apple Mac Book Pro i7 with a Pioneer DDJ-SR but i have no screens output. My main video output is playing correctly and sound too. But those 3 little screens on Serato's DJ are black. Can you help me pls?

This is a bug, sometimes restarting your MacBook Pro will fix it, sometimes disabling the Serato Video plug in helps as well. It's very random and happens to a lot of people.
DJ Tecniq 3:39 PM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:
This is a bug, sometimes restarting your MacBook Pro will fix it, sometimes disabling the Serato Video plug in helps as well. It's very random and happens to a lot of people.
He's right. Unfortunately this has been an ongoing issue with Serato Video it may take one restart or sometimes 2 of your machine and they'll reappear once you relaunch SDJ/SV. Let us know if it solves it temporarily.
djVladimir 9:25 PM - 15 June, 2018
hey anyone solved this???
DJ Tecniq 2:19 AM - 16 June, 2018
Quote:
hey anyone solved this???
Restart your computer the screens should reappear only solution till they fix it. Been a big since the program first launched unfortunately.
Ian Cross 5:59 PM - 1 July, 2018
I'm the same. paid for video crashes every time I have latest i7 touch bar 15 inch. Think a refund on the way
Shawn Greenwood 1:04 AM - 2 November, 2018
Where is my Serato Video Output Window or Preview Window?

If you are experiencing your output window or output preview window disappearing after upgrading to Serato Video, please follow these instructions to resolve this issue:

PC
1) Close all programs.
2) Open the Start menu.
3) In the search box type "regedit" (minus the quotation marks).
4) Click the regedit.exe icon and the Registry Editor window will now open.
5) Expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
6) Expand the Software folder
7) Expand the Serato folder
8) Right click on the SeratoVideo folder, select "rename" and give it a new name (e.g. old_SeratoVideo)
9) Restart your PC
10) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Mac
1) Close all programs.
2) Open Finder and go to the User > Library > Preferences folder.
3) Rename the com.serato.seratovideo.plist file (e.g. to old_com.serato.seratovideo.plist).

Note: On Mac OS X 10.7 and higher, the User Library is hidden. To access this you will have to hold down the option key and click on "Go" on the Finder toolbar and the Library option will appear in the drop down menu. You will also need to remove the com.serato.seratovideo.plist.lockfile.

4) If using Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, please complete the further steps below;

Open Applications --> Utilities --> Activity Monitor
Under the "CPU" or "MEMORY" tabs, locate and force quit all cfprefsd processes, as per the screenshot below;

5) Restart your Mac
6) Now open Serato DJ and Serato Video, and the output window should have now returned to default settings.

Found This