DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Cable management

Deejay Patron 5:40 PM - 13 June, 2017
I have a question, what do you guys used or recommend for cable management. I want to make my set up to look clean. I have 2 top, 2 subs, 6 lights, a fog machine, a tv monitor, speaker stands, I use DMX cables to all my lights somehow I feel that I have a bunch of cables everywhere. What do you guys recommend? I am thinking on using some wireless DMX with transmitter and receivers. What about the power cables? How could I hide them out? I use a regular foldable table, I guess it's a 12ft table. I also have a table and a 6ft short table that I tuck under the 12ft table for the monitor. I use 2 American dj rack mount with 8 switches. Is there any other way run wires without actually having wires/cables everywhere. Regarding dj facades/booths I don't personally care if I have one or not. I still want to have some cable management so I could look more professional. I am thinking on buying some trusst soon.
Deejay Patron 5:45 PM - 13 June, 2017
This is my set up
instagram.com
Rebelguy 9:42 PM - 13 June, 2017
Gaff tape, Velcro or get these nlfxpro.com to clean up your cables on your speaker poles. Get a table top facade for your console.
Deejay Patron 11:49 PM - 13 June, 2017
Quote:
Gaff tape, Velcro or get these nlfxpro.com to clean up your cables on your speaker poles. Get a table top facade for your console.

Those are some good advises. I used gaff tape already so costumers and guest won't trip over. Is there anything else? I could use a table top facade for my console but I still do want to have less cables everywhere.
Dj Rehab 1:44 AM - 14 June, 2017
Gaff Tape. Facades are uglier and more of a distraction than equipment
Rebelguy 3:19 AM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:

Why is that?
REDSELECTER 3:21 AM - 14 June, 2017
this kind of thing www.cableorganizer.com for the floor runs - neater and cleaner and quicker than gaffers tape
DJ Reflex 3:29 AM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Why is that?

Facades are a razor's edge for me. I want to keep my set-up open, yet it is easier to conceal unsightly cords and you can up-light them for fun effects. I guess it just depends on your style. i1148.photobucket.com
The only thing I see in your pic is the speaker cables (power or audio). Just velcro those to your speaker stands or wrap them once or twice around the speaker poles and you'll be fine. Black cords against black backgrounds are usually not an issue. It's the DJ's with orange utility extension cables all over the place that are a problem. Your system looked quite neat.
Deejay Patron 3:40 AM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:
this kind of thing www.cableorganizer.com for the floor runs - neater and cleaner and quicker than gaffers tape

I have those too. I used them to run my extension cord.
Deejay Patron 3:46 AM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why is that?

Facades are a razor's edge for me. I want to keep my set-up open, yet it is easier to conceal unsightly cords and you can up-light them for fun effects. I guess it just depends on your style. i1148.photobucket.com
The only thing I see in your pic is the speaker cables (power or audio). Just velcro those to your speaker stands or wrap them once or twice around the speaker poles and you'll be fine. Black cords against black backgrounds are usually not an issue. It's the DJ's with orange utility extension cables all over the place that are a problem. Your system looked quite neat.

I usually wrap the speaker cables up around the pole. You should see my table tho, there are power cables and DMX cables everywhere. I have 6 lights, 6 power cord and 6 DMX cords. I have 12 cables on my table and I want to somehow have them tuck/hide them out. Is there any table for djs that folds that comes with power outlets?