DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Why I have to pay for Serato DJ Now since I was force to upgrade to 1.96?

Glass Dee Entertainment Atlanta DJ 1:59 PM - 11 June, 2017
I have the Rane 57, Rane 61, Rane 62, Rane 68, NS7 II, Mixtrack Pro II, Pioneer S9, Pioneer DJM 900NXS and the Pioneer DJM 900NS2. I not going to even tell you how many sets of CDJs I have. I've been using Serato DJ for 3 years. Just basic usage. However, why when I upgraded to Serato DJ 1.96 because Serato finally made it compatible with the DJM 900NS2, I have a 14 day trail in my face. I was thinking getting the Rane 57II. Now I am afraid to. I didn't try my Pioneer S9 yet. Again!! Why I have a 14 day trail in my face when purchased 10s of thousand of dollars worth of Serato product. I think it just the principle. Sorry for the grammatical errors.
Laz219 1:20 AM - 12 June, 2017
Have you logged in to 'my serato' in the bottom right hand corner?
pdidy 3:10 AM - 12 June, 2017
lol, somebody didnt read the manual.
dj_soo 6:37 AM - 12 June, 2017
All those mixers other than the NXS2 are "serato enabled" meaning you just plug and play. The NXS2 is "Serato upgrade ready" meaning you have to pay a license to use it (plus pay for the DVS plugin to use timecode).