Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

"END CUE" point to eliminate silence at the end of a track when using "autoplay"

DJ WALTER CAPOTE 11:49 AM - 3 June, 2017
Add an "END CUE" point to eliminate silence at the end of a track when using "autoplay" so that there is no gap between the current track (being played) and the next track. This feature is useful when you are just playing background music at your event. We ALL have those tracks that fade slowly but take FOREVER to end. This way you can eliminate that awkward silence in between songs.

There's already a feature that lets you start the track at the "first cue point" (which eliminates any unwanted intros or silences), why can't Serato do the same for the end of the track?

Please add this (simple) feature!
Laz219 5:35 AM - 4 June, 2017
I wouldn't really expect to see this happen, people have been asking for a crossfade autoplay feature for years and Serato have specifically said they aren't looking to add features for that purpose.
Cwite 8:49 AM - 5 June, 2017
There is a way around this if you have FLIP. I don't do many gigs where I need background music, but when i do, my work around works really well. It just takes a bit of time to set up in advance, and it works in principle like an end cue point. Once it is done it works every time.

Let me know if you are interested and I will follow it up with you.
dj lashes 12:53 PM - 5 June, 2017
+1 auto play is a waste using it in real time live if you get a huge amount of space 🚀
DJ WALTER CAPOTE 2:38 PM - 5 June, 2017
Quote:
I wouldn't really expect to see this happen, people have been asking for a crossfade autoplay feature for years and Serato have specifically said they aren't looking to add features for that purpose.

I'm not asking for a crossfade autoplay or for an auto-mix feature. That would be like shooting myself in the foot. If we have that, then why do we need DJs?

My purpose is to eliminate the silence at the end of some tracks by adding a cue point just as you can do for the beginning of the tracks!
DJ WALTER CAPOTE 2:45 PM - 5 June, 2017
Quote:
There is a way around this if you have FLIP. I don't do many gigs where I need background music, but when i do, my work around works really well. It just takes a bit of time to set up in advance, and it works in principle like an end cue point. Once it is done it works every time.

Let me know if you are interested and I will follow it up with you.

Cwite, I already looked into FLIP and that would be perfect if I didn't have so many files (75,000) to go through and set up in advance! They can easily fix this by just adding and "END CUE POINT". It can't be that difficult.
DJ WALTER CAPOTE 2:53 PM - 5 June, 2017
For example, the video for Ludacris - Get Back (link below) has a 1:20 intro with NO music. I set me first cue point at 1:20 on the first beat of the song! So when I have my tracks on auto play it doesn't play that entire bathroom scene at the beginning. It goes straight into the music.

That's exactly what I need BUT for the end of the track!

Watchwww.youtube.com
Cwite 4:02 PM - 5 June, 2017
Quote:
Cwite, I already looked into FLIP and that would be perfect if I didn't have so many files (75,000) to go through and set up in advance! They can easily fix this by just adding and "END CUE POINT". It can't be that difficult.

Agreed. I have only done a small percentage of tracks myself because it's far too many to do it for all of them. I limited it to only those that I know I will only use in this scenario, in hope of what you are asking for in the long term.

You would have to set each end cue for each track manually, so in the meanwhile it's only a few extra clicks to use FLIP to jump into the grey area at the end of the track (after the dead space) to trigger the next track to load. Works like a charm :-)
COOLOUT 3:28 AM - 7 June, 2017
+1 If you do mobile gigs like corporate events, weddings, etc...sometimes you're playing background music and have to step away from the tables (to coordinate or discuss with the client, eat something, use the restroom). Autoplay was designed for this...Serato just needs to step it up and make it better.

On Traktor you can set 'mix in' and 'mix out' markers like cue points, so there's no dead air when using autoplay.
acemc 6:31 PM - 24 June, 2017
+1 great idea.
Mr Wilks 8:59 AM - 8 August, 2017
I've requested this a few years back and never got any traction on it.

You get my +1 for an end cute to trigger the next track.

I don't mind losing the very last cue point leaving me with 7 to be honest.

The last cue point could be designated to a mix-out point if required as an option.
dj lashes 8:02 AM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
I've requested this a few years back and never got any traction on it.

You get my +1 for an end cute to trigger the next track.

I don't mind losing the very last cue point leaving me with 7 to be honest.

The last cue point could be designated to a mix-out point if required as an option.

+1
Mike Butler 5:00 PM - 22 August, 2017
I've been suggesting this too, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to come under "real DJ-ing" even though for mobile/wedding/birthday gigs it's really useful. I did a few 3-4 song mixes for when I need to step away for a few minutes. For "start of evening" background playing I just use Traktor now.

Mike