Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Sl3 Box Repair

DaveVerne 6:58 AM - 3 June, 2017
I keep having issues with my box, I had one recently playing out - and assumed it was something to do with Master Tempo, although testing master tempo out on home set up - Serato working find an all scopes worked with normal CDJ mode an maser tempo, recently last night I was supposed to play 10-12 on radio and usually on the butt cast I click audio to SL3 but this time it would not connect, everyone was assuming it's my hardware, I know two of my grounds are lose although this shouldn't matter as I use CDJ's anyway, but I have had my sl3 for five odd years an it seems to rattle, I don't want t to spend money on a new one as they're really expensive and considering the amount I've paid for it I feel like it shouldn't be broken this quickly although I have slugged it through a lot of gigs over the years. Is there a Serato box repair centre // anyone know of company's that give them full service, and how much am I looking at?
Laz219 4:36 AM - 4 June, 2017
You should never be using master tempo with timecode on CDJs. It'll just screw up the signal.

When you say it wouldn't connect, do you mean the software just stayed in 'offline mode'?

A rattle definitely doesn't sound normal, I've had multiple SL3s over the years and never had one rattle. They're pretty much bulletproof too.

If it's not connecting and rattling, my first thought would be something has come lose around the USB port.
Hanginon 7:12 PM - 4 June, 2017
Something rattling around inside?

Do you know how to use a screw driver?

Open it up!
DJ Tecniq 12:03 AM - 5 June, 2017
Quote:
Do you know how to use a screw driver?

Open it up!
🔥
DaveVerne 5:46 PM - 7 June, 2017
Open it up? I'm a DJ....Not a wood work technician Fam. Shut up.
DaveVerne 5:48 PM - 7 June, 2017
Quote:
You should never be using master tempo with timecode on CDJs. It'll just screw up the signal.

When you say it wouldn't connect, do you mean the software just stayed in 'offline mode'?

A rattle definitely doesn't sound normal, I've had multiple SL3s over the years and never had one rattle. They're pretty much bulletproof too.

If it's not connecting and rattling, my first thought would be something has come lose around the USB port.

Serato work fine but would not connect to the streaming device, using it out in club could not get it to work, worked on internal, not on rel, how ever i think that is the master tempo issue, but i didn't get how master tempo work's at home with no issue, but not in the club. Something rattling on inside of the box, also two grounds loose rattly
Laz219 9:54 PM - 7 June, 2017
Even if master tempo works, it's doing nothing useful by being on anyway.
AddamXavier 4:23 AM - 8 June, 2017
Quote:

It's just a circuit board in a case. you would have to do something really bad to screw it up. And if something's rattling around in there, don't you want to know if it's important?
WildcardX 12:46 AM - 9 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

It's just a circuit board in a case. you would have to do something really bad to screw it up. And if something's rattling around in there, don't you want to know if it's important?

Not to mention that if it is metal it can possibly short out a component on the board and totally bork your SL3. So it's as easy as opening it up, looking around and see if you see what's moving and get it out if you can or put it back where it is supposed to be if you can, nothing to do with messing with the circuit board.
DaveVerne 12:46 AM - 20 June, 2017
Thanks for the help it was nothing to do with the circuit board on inside something had managed to come through the loose ground nut, know longer rattling on inside but still loose rattling ground nuts.

Going back on the Master Tempo issue on CDJ 2000 nexus, internal works but release is just white noise // muffled sound, this is definitely because CDJ's are on master tempo, other than the grounds my box is fine, playing at same club 8th July in same main room