Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ SX2 failed to connect audio" message

Chcade 5:17 PM - 17 May, 2017
Im using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 .. And when i plug up my DDJ SX2 i will be playing for a few mins then it will stop and this msg on the bottom left of the screen will show up " failed to connect audio" " how can i fix this problem ASAP .. This my sec day with this brand new DDJ SX2, Just came out the box
Serato, Support
Jordan L 11:01 PM - 17 May, 2017
Hey,

Give the steps in the below link a go and let me know how you get on.

support.serato.com

Cheers.
VibeCollective101 3:29 PM - 1 June, 2017
Did any of the attached steps help remedy the issue? I've been having the same issue with my new DDJ-SX2 and a new apple macbook pro. MIDI resets haven't yielded any results. I've been able to gain semi-full functionality using an older version of the serato software instead of the latest 1.9.6 version. My friend had no issues using my ddj-sx2 on his windows computer when he tried. Just interested if your issue was resolved?
Sony311 5:50 PM - 1 June, 2017
I would suggest:

1. A different USB cable
2. Try a different USB port (if possible)
3. If using a HUB, make sure it is a POWERED hub.
DjSyndic8 10:12 PM - 1 June, 2017
Quote:
Im using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 .. And when i plug up my DDJ SX2 i will be playing for a few mins then it will stop and this msg on the bottom left of the screen will show up " failed to connect audio" " how can i fix this problem ASAP .. This my sec day with this brand new DDJ SX2, Just came out the box

try going into your mac settings and make sure your operating system is not on power saving mode but put it into optimize mode, sounds like your usb could be going into suspend mode after a certain time heres the guide for optimizing your mac support.serato.com
VibeCollective101 3:00 AM - 2 June, 2017
Still no luck.. I turn on Serato 1.9.6 and let it load fully then plug in my controller (tried both USB ports on my MacBook..) and I get the message "Connecting to DDJ SX2 hardware. This could take up to one minute." and then it flashes a "Failed to connect audio!!" message across the bottom and then quickly after says "Connecting to DDJ SX2in2out hardware. This could take up to one minute." and then it looks like it connects but my controller is a brick it won't do anything at all..
VibeCollective101 3:01 AM - 2 June, 2017
Quote:
Still no luck.. I turn on Serato 1.9.6 and let it load fully then plug in my controller (tried both USB ports on my MacBook..) and I get the message "Connecting to DDJ SX2 hardware. This could take up to one minute." and then it flashes a "Failed to connect audio!!" message across the bottom and then quickly after says "Connecting to DDJ SX2in2out hardware. This could take up to one minute." and then it looks like it connects but my controller is a brick it won't do anything at all..

I've had a ticket open with the support team and they've not been able to provide any answers that have solved the problem.
DJ Tecniq 5:04 AM - 2 June, 2017
That sucks bro. These connection issues may be the end for SDJ...😬 However have you made sure you have the latest drivers and firmware? What operating system are you running?
Hidde 8:39 AM - 8 July, 2017
*SOLVED*
First set your pc speakers to default sound in sound/playback. Then beford restarting your pc, turn off the ddj-sx2. After that download the latest driver for the ddj-sx2 (EVEN IF IT'S UP TO DATE!!). Before running the driver, turn your controller on by first holding shift and sync, before turning on the device, and release after the master leds start to flash. Then you can run the driver and when that is complete, turn off the ddj-sx2, open serato, turn the ddj-sx2 back on, and voila.
DjSyndic8 10:04 PM - 8 July, 2017
Quote:
*SOLVED*
First set your pc speakers to default sound in sound/playback. Then beford restarting your pc, turn off the ddj-sx2. After that download the latest driver for the ddj-sx2 (EVEN IF IT'S UP TO DATE!!). Before running the driver, turn your controller on by first holding shift and sync, before turning on the device, and release after the master leds start to flash. Then you can run the driver and when that is complete, turn off the ddj-sx2, open serato, turn the ddj-sx2 back on, and voila.

wow excellent Hidde... its solved guys..... the worst thing that could happen is "Chcade" Bricking his DDJ SX2 and turning it into a doorstop on a windy day.... be careful read your manual carefully on how to update your firmware "Chcade" and make sure your DDJ SX2 is powered to a stable power source cause if the power cuts out while your updating the firmware then you will have a bricked unit good luck "Chcade"
JoeR 12:42 AM - 8 November, 2017
hello guys....i had to get rid of old controllers in my "midi studio".....
if you have mac this is what i did... go to applications folder open up utilities, audio midi setup, then go up to window and click show midi studio... get rid of old controllers still in there.. this is what fixed mine....