Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Any small footprint "mobile friendly" 18" powered Subwoofers out there?

DJ Fairground 8:13 PM - 10 May, 2017
I'm dj'ing out of my Maxima, until I decide to get a van or SUV. I'm currently using 2 Thump 15s, Alto Trouper (great mids enhancer) and a Beringer 1200 sub, it's ok for smaller venues, but I have some larger events coming up. Probably going to upgrade to the K12s or the new QSC K.2s. I was considering getting a 15" subwoofer, but really would prefer the low-end of an 18.

And are there any 15" tops that can really get low and drop some heavy bass? Maybe with the right Tops, I can get by until i buy a sub.

Thanks for any advice you guys have.
DJ Tecniq 8:50 PM - 10 May, 2017
I recommend the QSC KW181 you'll have to make sure it will fit in your Maxima before purchasing though and you can prob get it much cheaper through most online dj stores like Agiprodj or something.

www.amazon.com
DJ Tecniq 9:02 PM - 10 May, 2017
You don't want 15" tops for bass unless you're using it w/o a sub. The subwoofer is supposed to take care of your low end you want the tops to work the mids/highs. 15"s don't have much low end but the new QSC K.2 Series prob would. You can get them now for elite member pricing @agiprodj priced at $719 for K12.2 series originally $800 or get the K10.2 even the K8.2 is good as it has a wider coverage.
DJ Fairground 2:06 PM - 11 May, 2017
Quote:
You don't want 15" tops for bass unless you're using it w/o a sub. The subwoofer is supposed to take care of your low end you want the tops to work the mids/highs. 15"s don't have much low end but the new QSC K.2 Series prob would. You can get them now for elite member pricing @agiprodj priced at $719 for K12.2 series originally $800 or get the K10.2 even the K8.2 is good as it has a wider coverage.

How do I get this Elite member pricing?

I went by GC yesterday and checked out the new K12.2, sounded the same as the k12s, but without the low end in my opinion. Played with the DSP, didn't see the beloved LOW option of the original k12s. This is concerning to me, bcuz I want the option to do certain gig without bringing a sub.
DJ Tecniq 4:10 PM - 11 May, 2017
Quote:
How do I get this Elite member pricing?
You just sign up as a member which is free and you will see tags for products that have elite member pricing. Not sure about the settings they actually went Live on FB demo'ing them yesterday check it out here www.facebook.com
Hanginon 6:43 PM - 11 May, 2017
Quote:
And are there any 15" tops that can really get low and drop some heavy bass? Maybe with the right Tops, I can get by until i buy a sub.

In a word, No.

The 15" two-way is a Jack-Of-All-Trades, Master-Of-Nothing loudspeaker. Outdoors away from boundaries they can sound good. Indoors they suffer from the same physical restrictions a sub does - you want your sub next to a boundary or more than 8' from a boundary. Try putting your tops more than 8' from the floor without getting less than 8' from the ceiling. Good luck with that!