Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Relocate lost files does not work in Serato DJ

djkulo 1:02 PM - 9 May, 2017
Relocate Lost Files does not work in my Serato DJ.
I have already sent a Help Request Ticket to support and waiting for reply.

When I drop a Folder (where The missing files are located) in to the Relocate Lost Files box it starst a search and comes back with o files found.

Anyone else with this problem?

I contacted them the last time, last year 2016 in April and I was asked to use Serato Scratch Live 2.5.
For some reason my SSL keeps crashing and uninstalled it.

But I cannot Reinstall it again in my Mac Sierra OSX, Installation fails
JPLEM 6:33 PM - 15 May, 2017
I just had the same problem! I'm curious to know how to resolve this. I ended up having to move my files/folders back to where they originally were to "fix" the problem. Not the best solution. I contacted Serato help and still working with them to try and fix the issue. No luck so far...
Rave-olu-son 7:26 AM - 9 November, 2017
Same probleme..
Chez P 2:26 AM - 10 November, 2017
@Rave-olu-son

Can you get in touch with Serato support about this issue? Please click the 'Open Help Request' button to the right of this message.

Cheers.
DJSEND!T 1:00 AM - 30 November, 2017
I have the same problem. I have 24,000 music files. I got a new computer. The user name changed on my new computer, meaning the file path has changed for every single file. Example:
user/ronnie/music = Old file path
user/ronni / music = New file path

I have tried to relocate the whole database. I have tried to relocate parts, one folder at time, roughly 200-3000 songs at one time. No matter what I do, Serato DJ crashes.

It's 2017, how come Serato DJ can't handle this operation? Why do I have to download Scratch Live to try to fix this ?

Also, suggestion, why does the root start at user, it should start at Music/etc.....
DJSEND!T 5:41 PM - 30 November, 2017
Thank you Scratch Live!! I used Scratch Live to relocate files. Everything working fine now.

Every legendary DJ I know, still uses Scratch Live because it is stable.

How is it that we are in 2017, and Serato DJ is not stable? I have had multiple crashes during big gigs and lost creditability and money due to Serato DJ. For the bigger gigs, I use Scratch Live because I am afraid of Serato DJ. It's not stable and the sound quality is not as good as Scratch Live. But as technology changes, Scratch Live no longer works with the new cool stuff. Ugh!!

Serato Team, please fix Relocate Lost Files function in Serato DJ. It doesn't work. Let me know how I can help.

Thx
SEND!T
charlee1985 7:05 PM - 30 November, 2017
I found out that if I select to show all songs and then drag and drop the folder to the relocate files, it works for me. Else it just finds moved files in the crate i am at
Lou Dog 7:35 AM - 4 December, 2017
Can't you just keep the same username as the old laptop? That way path would be the same
Lou Dog 7:41 AM - 4 December, 2017
Also like someone else said it does seem to work much better on SSL. Serato has even recommended it.

I have seen SSL "fail" on instillation but if you look in your applications it's actually in there and willl open
RiceCube 4:10 AM - 16 April, 2018
Can they just take the "Relocate Lost Files" code from SSL and replace the crappy code in SDJ? Makes no sense that the code in SSL 5+ years ago is better than SDJ today. The Relocate Lost Files feature never works for me in SDJ. I haven't tried installing SSL so I guess I'll give that a try. Wait, too late. Last night I already deleted all of the invalid entries so my old playlists are all destroyed. Oh well.