Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Serato Video dropping frames..

Coniac 4:06 PM - 3 May, 2017
Here's a weird problem I just started coming across..
When ever serato DJ is full screen my video fps drops to about 10. Normally it's at 59fps but for some reason now it's at 10fps..

I've messed with settings, I've installed the newest Serato DJ software, I've upgraded my MAC to Sierra and then downgraded back to Mavericks, I've changed my hard drive to a solid state with a fresh install of everything..

I am dumbfounded.. Sometimes it does work properly all night but most of the time it's dropping frames..
I just discovered that any screen overlay makes the FPS go back up. So when I hit the volume up the fps climbs back up and when the volume icon in the middle of the screen disappears the FPS goes back down...

Here's a video of what I'm talking about Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ Tecniq 6:33 PM - 3 May, 2017
That is weird but also noticed you are barely using an gigs for your buffer. Try it at 1 or 2 gigs. What are the specs of your laptop?
DJ Tecniq 6:33 PM - 3 May, 2017
Any gigs*
Coniac 6:52 PM - 3 May, 2017
Mbp late 2011 15 inch.
I7 2.0
12gb ram

I've only ran into this issue lately.

I've changed the buffer and it did nothing.
DJ Tecniq 7:08 PM - 3 May, 2017
So assuming the Mac doesn't have a dedicated graphics card? If frames are dropping it could very well be the video file itself maybe it's encoded incorrectly and has framing issues. Where are you getting the video files from?
DJ Tecniq 7:10 PM - 3 May, 2017
There's a select few video pools that are legit and are properly encoded. Sometimes lazy editors do shitty video edits.
DJ Tecniq 12:51 PM - 6 May, 2017
How is it with other videos? If frames aren't dropping as much it's the actual video file.