DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

HOW TO RIP SONGS INTO MP3 FORMAT

djras 11:55 PM - 6 June, 2006
HI, I,M NEW TO THIS FORUM. I have being djing with CD for 4 years now, but i just bought me the serato. My question is what softwarecan i use to convert ll my songs on cd and in my music library to mp3 format. Thanks
Dj KaGeN 12:02 AM - 7 June, 2006
the newness shows...... anyhow, visit downloads.com - CDEX is the software. (86 the caps in the title, it's a matter of politeness)
djras 12:30 AM - 7 June, 2006
thanks, i downloaded but its kinda complex. i have the songs in my library( windows).The question is how do i encode it, coz its only asking me to insert cd
Dj KaGeN 12:34 AM - 7 June, 2006
kinda complex huh... you'll have to wait till I get home so I can open it up on my laptop. Work PC is a no-no. I think you may want to look thru the options - setup the output folder for starters, set the mp3 rate to 192 or higher....
DJ Unique 1:09 AM - 7 June, 2006
You can also use iTunes.
You would have to go to "preferences" and change ripping to high resolution MP3'3 instead of the generic setting on AAC.
mister iLL 1:44 AM - 7 June, 2006
check out the sticky thread about recording programs in the general discussion area....
Dj KaGeN 4:13 AM - 7 June, 2006
the icons on the right should lead you down the right path...