Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

When Will There Be New SMART CRATE Rules?

vjMeely 8:17 PM - 1 May, 2017
The SmartCrate rule library hasn't been updated in eons. Wonder when Serato will finally add more rule functionality. Sure would be nice to be able to create rules based on metadata like BMP and Camelot values of the playing track....
John Calipari 11:57 PM - 2 May, 2017
If you mean BPM, you can

If you mean Key, you can also

Basically most any column you can display, you can also use as a smart crate rule.
MC Apollo 1:41 AM - 3 May, 2017
they need to impreove memory distribuiton fro all of the effects. making more then 50 smart crates crashes the program in comparison with virtual dj tha can have more then 40o hundred and still runs smoothly...
MC Apollo 1:41 AM - 3 May, 2017
sorry for all of the smart crates!
Laz219 2:57 AM - 3 May, 2017
Quote:
If you mean BPM, you can

If you mean Key, you can also

Basically most any column you can display, you can also use as a smart crate rule.

He's referring to 'Live' live smart crates- that populate based on the track you've got playing at the time.
So for example you could have a smart crate of "Tracks within +/- 4 BPM and with a matching key" based on what's playing at the time.
John Calipari 1:38 PM - 3 May, 2017
Quote:
So for example you could have a smart crate of "Tracks within +/- 4 BPM and with a matching key" based on what's playing at the time.

Oh, well then, that would be very cool, albeit not a necessity. I'd imagine that would be ultra resource intensive since CPU would have the added simultaneous task of filtering every track in the Library that meets the defined criteria.
Laz219 10:38 PM - 3 May, 2017
Yeah, it'd be nice for quick track picks.
I tend to try and work out of my all crate as much as possible though so I'm not narrowing my choices down too much to genre/key/bpm etc anyway.
Serato, Support
Dave. 5:32 AM - 4 May, 2017
@vjMeely and others

There are some cool suggestions here, best to post them in the feature suggestions area of the forum. Our product team hangs out there and use this to help decide what to put into future releases: serato.com

- Dave.
vjMeely 3:25 PM - 4 May, 2017
It doesn't sound like you guys have seen this work. Sorry to mention vDJ again, but I've used it there with great success. Its pretty magical if you've seen it work (& near 0 cpu load btw). As much as you feel like you know every song in your library, you just can't think of every harmonic combination all at once. This method does and presents the options. Its still up to you to execute of course!

The beauty is that I should be able to build dynamic Smartcrates based on more criteria. So for instance, I should be able to set a rule that builds a dynamic crate of harmonically compatible R&B tracks, separately from Reggaeton tracks. So for the given track thats playing... I can choose to harmonically mix to a different genre just like that.

@Dave, I have suggested this a long time ago in the suggestions area. No-one seemed to care.

=============
*10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't ;-)