Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Bad Combo?

Cwite 11:03 AM - 30 April, 2017
Hey Guys

I've been having a few bad issues with 1.9.6 since the official update. Like 'crashes at Gigs' bad.

I Beta tested all the 1.9.6 fore runners and found lots of silly bugs which were mostly ironed out before the main release, but since then I've been having a rough time.....I was thinking it's my midi mappings or something (maybe it is) but I think I've cracked it.

Anyone else running this combo? Windows 10, DDJ-SZ + a Reloop Neon, and having no issues?

I got the Neon about 6 weeks ago. I wanted it so I had instant access to the sample banks with out interfering with my main pads on the SZ and also so I could smart sync some of my samples to my live tracks quickly and easily. The Neon is fantastic for sample bank control.

But, like I said I have had a few anomalies with this combo too. There must be some midi conflicts at the very least, because every now and again the software doesn't do what it should, like loops automatically releasing when pressing unrelated buttons etc, but the worst of all is I started having crashes at gigs. I've had 3 in 6 gigs.

So, process of elimination yes? When it does crash, I can restart Serato in seconds, it's getting it to clear from the crash that's the hold up. My machine flies, so I have no doubts that I can eliminate my laptop as a problem. Every version of Serato up to this point, other than betas, has never crashed on me. I have very low CPU usage. So, last night I gigged a 4 hour set with out the Neon plugged in (but a CDJ on standby). And guess what, solid.
I plugged the Neon in to my home set up this morning and by track number 3, crash! Now it's normally after a couple of hours but, Coincidence????

Just wondered if any one else was rocking the same combo and having the same issues or noticed the glitches?

I just want to narrow down the cause, I want to be able to use the Neon, it's a hell of a bit of kit. I love the sample section and the touch pad FX, but stability must come first.

Any help in nailing this is much appreciated.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:17 PM - 30 April, 2017
Hey Cwite,

Thanks for your help in the public betas, I've seen you posting there and your feedback has always been super helpful :)

Have you contacted our Support Team about this issue? If you're getting crashes then we should be able to get crash reports from you that we can check out.

Cheers,
Michael.
Cwite 10:57 AM - 1 May, 2017
Hey Micheal

Thanks for the reply. I've not got in touch direct yet, you know me from the betas, I like to try and narrow down the possible causes and offer a solution rather than just the problem. I wouldn't have picked this up in the betas though. The Neon is a new toy for me. My main reason for the purchase, was be a useful with the ability to change sample banks, see what mode they are in and re sync on the fly with out opening screen menus or having to deviate from my current decks pad mode. So I tend to have the decks on channels 1 and 2, the Neon on 4 then switch to sampler mode.

I can't think of any other reason for the crash though. There are a few odd behaviours from time to time with the combo. But nothing I can get to happen on demand. I have got it proper confused though lol

Happy to help with any files you need. Point me in the right direction :-)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:46 PM - 1 May, 2017
Yeah it seems weird, I can't see why adding the Neon to your setup would cause a crash.

I'd suggest you open a help ticket and our Support Team can get the crash reports from you -> support.serato.com