Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Scrap rekord buddy for 60 buks try this for $7

Telony Ex 12:50 PM - 25 April, 2017
DJ Conversion Utility for MacOS. dj techtools has a write up on it i just purchased and is gonna check it out.

will give feed back
DJ JulioYEG 9:33 PM - 25 April, 2017
serato dj to rekordbox???
deejdave 3:53 AM - 26 April, 2017
That would be Rekord Buddy. Engine support also added to Rekord Buddy.
popnwave 3:15 PM - 26 April, 2017
Why would you scrap anything if you haven't used the other tool yet? Simply based on $$$$, that is pretty dumb.
teemac111 8:10 PM - 26 April, 2017
I think he meant for those of us that havent spent $60 yet to try it and u just might scrap the idea of paying more.
deejdave 8:29 PM - 26 April, 2017
Just seems a bit weird to be on a Serato website telling peeps to avoid the app that actually works with Serato.............. if I am being honest. Both capable apps and both useful in their own right but again if we are being honest these two are in completely different leagues.
teemac111 10:03 PM - 26 April, 2017
So this app doesn't work with serato?I've never heard of it.
DJ JulioYEG 10:04 PM - 26 April, 2017
Quote:
So this app doesn't work with serato?I've never heard of it.

+1
deejdave 11:17 PM - 26 April, 2017
It does if you combine it with Rekord Buddy. Not on its own. Again this is at least as of the last time I used it.
Telony Ex 11:57 PM - 26 April, 2017
ok to confirm. just did my entire serato library with this cheap app. never tried rekord buddy cause of the high price for something i gonna use once.
this does convert from sdj to rbdj, traktor and djay pro.

the interface is the worst i ever seen. but it gets the job done for 7 buks plus i may not have to use it again. i definitely not complaining.
DJ JulioYEG 12:06 AM - 27 April, 2017
Quote:
ok to confirm. just did my entire serato library with this cheap app. never tried rekord buddy cause of the high price for something i gonna use once.
this does convert from sdj to rbdj, traktor and djay pro.

the interface is the worst i ever seen. but it gets the job done for 7 buks plus i may not have to use it again. i definitely not complaining.

does it just take the _serato_ file and convert to format rbdj with all cues and beat grids? does it import all crates as playlists?
Telony Ex 12:08 AM - 27 April, 2017
Quote:
I think he meant for those of us that havent spent $60 yet to try it and u just might scrap the idea of paying more.

you are a very smart person.
Telony Ex 12:15 AM - 27 April, 2017
does it just take the _serato_ file and convert to format rbdj with all cues and beat grids? does it import all crates as playlists?

not really. what it really does is convert from traktor to rbdj.

however the package also includes that old app from native instrument that lets u convert from sdj to traktor.

u convert crate by crate or by folder.
DJ JulioYEG 12:17 AM - 27 April, 2017
so then what really does it convert and bring into rbdj from serato
Telony Ex 8:54 AM - 27 April, 2017
Quote:
so then what really does it convert and bring into rbdj from serato

Cue points and loops.