Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

New to SSL with a ttm57sl

Monomer 6:55 AM - 25 April, 2017
Greetings,

I'm having a hard time figuring out what I can actually run with my current setup. I've bought a TTM57sl, which I understand is EOL an no longer really supported. Still quite an impressive mixer - but I'm having issues figuring out what I can get away with.

My laptop is currently only an older 32 bit machine, which complicates things even further. I've ran a much older version of SSL on it, and want to play around with video features - is this possible? Video-SL is now discontinued, and I don't have an activation key? - I thought having the mixer would unlock all the software!

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have access to a newer machine, but I'm not upgrading a mixer - as even this one used was quite expensive!
DJ JulioYEG 9:41 PM - 25 April, 2017
hi, the ttm57sl is unfortunately not supported by Serato dj it only works with scratch live. if your new machine is capable of running scratch live install it. but if it does not or barely meets the minimum requirements be careful when performing as you may freeze your pc. You want to do to much with a discontinued mixer.. focus n getting it to work with just sound and make sure its stable then start moving on into video as it is more difficult to run video smoothly
Laz219 11:29 PM - 25 April, 2017
What specs are the computer?
VideoSL is pretty resource hungry so you need quite a powerful machine.

VideoSL was always an optional add-on so was never included with the mixer. Getting a licence for it may be a little difficult now. It was available as a boxed product though so your best bet may be to contact some stores and see if they have any old copies sitting around.
Although if Serato operate like most software companies I've worked with- usually when they discontinue a product for a newer version they rotate all the old stock with the new version.
Monomer 1:44 AM - 26 April, 2017
www.cnet.com

I've used SSL with success - just an older version of it, newer versions only support 64 bit CPU's. I know this is possible (perhaps with a different machine.) I'll look for NOS software, which sucks. I want to do this proper but "finding" a key just seems so much damned easier.

Planned obsolescence is a bitch, I suppose. It would be nice if RANE would unlock the mixer so I can use it with other software (Mixxx and the like)