DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

coompressors

sunderji_rahim 8:42 PM - 19 April, 2017
Guys and Gals, does anyone have suggestions for compressor settings for my DJ rig? I want to protect my speakers from sudden volume changes in the music I play and from zealous guest DJs that run the volume at MAX!
dj_soo 3:45 AM - 20 April, 2017
What type of speakers? Most modern powered gear has built-in limiting although with the cheaper brands, it's still no guarantee that you'll damage speakers.
pdidy 5:08 AM - 20 April, 2017
A "limiter" is what you're looking for but as stated "it's still no guarantee that you'll not damage speakers". The limiter will significantly reduce chances of damage but there is no devise made which can provide 100% protection against a determine Fool.

The most popular limiter right now is the DBX driverack PA2 or the DBX DriveRack VENU360 if you require high-end performance.
pdidy 5:09 AM - 20 April, 2017
determine= Determined
DJ Reflex 1:48 AM - 21 April, 2017
DBX Driverack is loaded with other features too that can help. A sound engineer buddy of mine uses one and it works well for DJs and live bands.