DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Yorkville just updated their elite and nx line of speakers

dj_soo 6:31 PM - 13 April, 2017
New 12" and 15" tops in both the nx and elite series, plus new 15" and 18" subs. Few new passive versions too.

Will definitely give the new 15" subs a test drive when they drop in their rental pool.

NX25P-2 12" top: yorkville.com

NX300P 15" top: yorkville.com

NX55P-2 12" top: yorkville.com

NX750-2 15" top: yorkville.com

EF12P 12" top: yorkville.com

EF15P 15" top: yorkville.com

E15SP 15" sub: yorkville.com

E18SP 18" sub: yorkville.com
dj_soo 6:49 PM - 13 April, 2017
Looks like they're set up for WiFi tuning eventually as well...
DJ GaFFle 10:03 PM - 14 April, 2017
The Elite-series tops come with 3" compression drivers. Yorkville must be getting serious about trying to stand above the competition now.

That ES18P goes only 2Hz lower than the old LS801P but the change in cabinet dimensions looks much better and hopefully, their tone is more balanced than the outgoing model.
dj_soo 2:08 AM - 15 April, 2017
Last time they announced the parasource gear, took about a year to get them into rental stock so it might be a bit before they are in stores, but I'll most definitely test drive them when they come in.

The parasource subs were great in some respects, but lacking in others and a few of those issues are addressed in these new ones.
Just1Fixxx 5:12 PM - 15 April, 2017
Looks like the pricing on the ES18P will be comparable to the LS801P PB

I didn't see a rat fur option on the new series, which is fine by me. I haven't touched anything carpet covered since the 90's and do not intend to ever again.
Taipanic 3:27 PM - 17 April, 2017
Quote:
The Elite-series tops come with 3" compression drivers. Yorkville must be getting serious about trying to stand above the competition now.

That ES18P goes only 2Hz lower than the old LS801P but the change in cabinet dimensions looks much better and hopefully, their tone is more balanced than the outgoing model.

Also new DSP and handles on the bottom as well as the top. Decent updtates.
dj_soo 9:16 PM - 17 April, 2017
Quote:
Looks like the pricing on the ES18P will be comparable to the LS801P PB

I didn't see a rat fur option on the new series, which is fine by me. I haven't touched anything carpet covered since the 90's and do not intend to ever again.

rat fur hasn't been an option for their gear in a while - none of the parasource or paraline had rat fur. Pretty sure that's something that's never coming back.
DJ GaFFle 1:12 AM - 1 July, 2017
Any new updates or reviews on these speakers?
dj_soo 9:27 AM - 1 July, 2017
Don't think they're in stores yet. My local Long n Mcquade is supposed to get some soon, but no firm date.

As soon as they get them in, I'm going to rent one of the new subs for a gig...
Taipanic 2:43 PM - 6 July, 2017
What I heard was an upgrade from previous models for sure. Price goes up too, of course.
DJ GaFFle 4:03 PM - 6 July, 2017
Quote:
What I heard was an upgrade from previous models for sure. Price goes up too, of course.

I'd be very interested in that ES18P sub and how it sounds compared to the old. I have always respected the output of the LS80xP's. My only issue was the LS80xP's weren't very musical and seemed fatiguing after a while.
Taipanic 6:46 PM - 6 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I'd be very interested in that ES18P sub and how it sounds compared to the old. I have always respected the output of the LS80xP's. My only issue was the LS80xP's weren't very musical and seemed fatiguing after a while.

I didn't get to hear it enough to really tell, TBH. It sounded good similar to the older models. Was told it goes deeper and maybe just a little louder (don't fully remember now), it was just a few db over or under, not really a difference maker, one way or the other. All new amps & DSP. It was cool that you can monitor each speaker and make adjustments from a phone or tablet, even see if each speaker is clipping.Taller, thinner cabinet will be easier to get into vehicles and should be able to put 2 in most suvs, unlike the LS800/801s. My opinion - better than ever, nice improvements, still not anywhere near Danley/JTR/etc.. levels. Still probably the loudest, best for dance music rumble for under $1500.00
DJ GaFFle 9:43 AM - 8 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I didn't get to hear it enough to really tell, TBH. It sounded good similar to the older models. Was told it goes deeper and maybe just a little louder (don't fully remember now), it was just a few db over or under, not really a difference maker, one way or the other. All new amps & DSP. It was cool that you can monitor each speaker and make adjustments from a phone or tablet, even see if each speaker is clipping.Taller, thinner cabinet will be easier to get into vehicles and should be able to put 2 in most suvs, unlike the LS800/801s. My opinion - better than ever, nice improvements, still not anywhere near Danley/JTR/etc.. levels. Still probably the loudest, best for dance music rumble for under $1500.00

I'm honestly thinking about making this Elite line my new go to system. I just want a matching "powered" setup that won't have me slipping if the crowd turns large and it seems like the Elite subs have always fit the bill. I'd probably go 15" tops with the 18" subs. I already own RCF 12" tops but my ZXA5's have no limiter to their "unlimited" output which scares me at times. The EF15p would fill that spot nicely and it has a 3" high driver too. I've always heard the older EF500p had loud output as well so these should be an upgrade.
Brian M 7:47 PM - 11 July, 2017
I was able to A/B the EF500P with the EF15P.

Simply put, the tone of the new EF15P has a more obvious presence in the bass department. This cabinet gets loud and sounded pretty good at distance (about 50 ft. from cabinet) As a stand-alone point source cabinet I think Yorkville did a great job with reducing the weight and improving the amplifier section.

Having said that, I still preferred the EF500P. I wasn't alone in my opinion either as there were 4 other people listening to this very un-scientific audio shoot-out. The EF500P gets loud and kinda flattens out with getting honky sounding. The EF15P got loud but seemed harsh on the top end and too boomy on the low end.

We did hook both cabinets up to live sound board, cut the bass freq at 100HZ just for the heck of it. At that point we could tell the new EF15P was a little crisper sounding than our tired EF500P (at least 10 years old)
dj_soo 10:03 PM - 13 July, 2017
Local shop just got the EF12Ps in. No subs yet tho,

Just had a brief listen and they sound good. Lots of clarity and throw in the top end. Bass isn't as robust as the PS12Ps tho and it would probably be best paired with subs.

Heavy tho. Probably nothing I'd get as I'm more interested in the subs, but I'd want a linger demo with various styles of music to make a real judgement in them.
Al Poulin 6:32 PM - 14 July, 2017
Haven't done a speaker review in a while, but these will ikely be the EF12Ps or EF15Ps are likely to be the next ones I test as soon as my L&M get them in stock. They are quite expensive though. Which they would up their warranty to 5 or 7 years like Yamaha and QSC to make them a more worthwhile investment.

Al
dj_soo 7:39 PM - 15 July, 2017
I'm still holding out for an update to the e10ps To see how they sound.

Honestly, the EF12Ps were a little too heavy for my tastes as a one man show. I would assume the 15s are even heavier.

I do want to hear the subs tho. If the 18" can actually fit in the backseat of a car, I might get one for larger gigs and get another ps12s for smaller ones. Also considering the es15p sub if the 18 is too big.
Dead Bug Doug 10:07 PM - 26 October, 2017
The specs seem to very close between the ES15P and the ES18P. The ES15P has a higher rated output amplifier to push the ES15P harder to get more output. I'm thinking about getting 2 ES15P's because the ES18P is just a little to heavy for me to handle myself.
Johnnynights 9:14 AM - 27 December, 2017
Have you guys heard the es18p yet?

Today I was about to order another ls801p to have the pair and my dealer said there discontinued..now I'm thinking to sell my 1 ls801p and pick up 2 es18p or look somewhere that has them in stock..
dj_soo 9:47 AM - 27 December, 2017
I have - not extensively and not a full volume, but in the store for a demo. Sounded closer to the PS18S than the LS801P which isn't a bad thing. Smoother and less boomy. If it reaches similar SPL to the 801 (which I'm sure it does given that it's yorkville), then I'd say it's a pretty good improvement. The only minus is that there's only a single input/output, but if you have 2, then it shouldn't be an issue.
DJ GaFFle 12:48 AM - 29 December, 2017
Quote:

Today I was about to order another ls801p to have the pair and my dealer said there discontinued..now I'm thinking to sell my 1 ls801p and pick up 2 es18p or look somewhere that has them in stock..

Sell that LS801P with the quickness and go with the new model.
Johnnynights 1:30 AM - 29 December, 2017
Quote:
I have - not extensively and not a full volume, but in the store for a demo. Sounded closer to the PS18S than the LS801P which isn't a bad thing. Smoother and less boomy. If it reaches similar SPL to the 801 (which I'm sure it does given that it's yorkville), then I'd say it's a pretty good improvement. The only minus is that there's only a single input/output, but if you have 2, then it shouldn't be an issue.

Nice if it's less boomy and sounds like the ls801p or better I'm sold lol...Yeah I'm looking for pair to go a long with my srx815p tops..thanks for that info.
Johnnynights 1:31 AM - 29 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Sell that LS801P with the quickness and go with the new model.

Yes as soon as I sell my ls801p I plan on getting them lol.
Dead Bug Doug 2:44 AM - 29 December, 2017
ES18P is a great speaker but it weighs 137 pounds.
dj_soo 3:13 AM - 29 December, 2017
Same weight as the ls801p, but a little more manageable in shape and size
Sharod 3:15 AM - 29 December, 2017
Yeah those two handles on the top make a difference
Johnnynights 3:18 AM - 29 December, 2017
Quote:

I like everything about the es18p so far and looking forward to get a pair but sometimes I'm like should I go lighter lol...
dj_soo 3:21 AM - 29 December, 2017
I really want to hear the es15p
DJ GaFFle 3:01 PM - 30 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I like everything about the es18p so far and looking forward to get a pair but sometimes I'm like should I go lighter lol...

I'd side with going with a pair of ES18P subs, especially if you have the transportation means for them. Someone else with a pair of standard 18's will require 3 or 4 subs to be the equivalent to just two of your ES18P subs.

Buy a used 15" sub of good quality if you want to have a small setup.
Johnnynights 4:16 PM - 30 December, 2017
Quote:
I really want to hear the es15p
those looks nice too.
Johnnynights 4:22 PM - 30 December, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'd side with going with a pair of ES18P subs, especially if you have the transportation means for them. Someone else with a pair of standard 18's will require 3 or 4 subs to be the equivalent to just two of your ES18P subs.

Buy a used 15" sub of good quality if you want to have a small setup.

True that almost no regular subs can match there output I'm really liking those es18p subs..I think when I'm running solo I'm going to get some ramps for my truck and I'll be fine..now I'm just waiting for someone to buy my ls801p..

For small setups I got a pair of evox 12s lol..
Taipanic 3:26 PM - 2 January, 2018
I rented an ES18p a few weeks ago for additional sub support. Ran an LS800p, LS801p & the ES18p. I didn't have the time to do specific A/B/C comparisons but they all sounded good together and didn't have to push them too hard for a room of 2-300 House Heads in an all night warehouse party we threw. My JTR Noesis 3TX only running about half volume for the tops, room sounded great.
djcrap 3:18 AM - 5 January, 2018
What do you guys thing of that yorkville Ls2100p 21inch subwoofer for a permanent install for a small restaurant of 120 people capacity.
Taipanic 2:16 PM - 5 January, 2018
Quote:
What do you guys thing of that yorkville Ls2100p 21inch subwoofer for a permanent install for a small restaurant of 120 people capacity.

What are the intents for your sound? What are you pairing the sub with? what is the shape of the room? What type of music? Details are needed to make a real recommendation.
Most likely overkill, unless this restaurant turns into a club at some point. Usually multiple, smaller units work better in a restaurant type of venue. There are other subs that will provide a better sounding, more dispersed sound. One Yorkie 21 will knock pictures off the walls in a small-medium sized room though, if that's what you're looking for.
dj_soo 5:16 PM - 5 January, 2018
feels like the 2100 would be overkill for a restaurant to me
Dead Bug Doug 6:27 PM - 5 January, 2018
A couple of lightweight 18's would be all you need there.
Brian M 6:31 PM - 5 January, 2018
Not to mention those LS2100p's are thirsty when it comes to power.
Dead Bug Doug 6:46 PM - 5 January, 2018
I want to know more about those EV ELX200 18SP speakers. They weigh 64 pounds. I do live sound by "myself" and would like to get 4 of them.
SG SOUNDS 7:51 PM - 5 January, 2018
Quote:
I rented an ES18p a few weeks ago for additional sub support. Ran an LS800p, LS801p & the ES18p. I didn't have the time to do specific A/B/C comparisons but they all sounded good together and didn't have to push them too hard for a room of 2-300 House Heads in an all night warehouse party we threw. My JTR Noesis 3TX only running about half volume for the tops, room sounded great.

why? what happened to your orbit shifters?
dj_soo 8:23 PM - 5 January, 2018
Quote:

For a restaurant, I would think a few 12" or 15" subs would be plenty unless it turned into a club at night or something.
djcrap 10:22 AM - 7 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

What are the intents for your sound? What are you pairing the sub with? what is the shape of the room? What type of music? Details are needed to make a real recommendation.
Most likely overkill, unless this restaurant turns into a club at some point. Usually multiple, smaller units work better in a restaurant type of venue. There are other subs that will provide a better sounding, more dispersed sound. One Yorkie 21 will knock pictures off the walls in a small-medium sized room though, if that's what you're looking for.

Quote:
Quote:

For a restaurant, I would think a few 12" or 15" subs would be plenty unless it turned into a club at night or something.

Yes it does turn into a night club from 10:30pm to 3am
Place is about. 100 feet long and 40 feet wide I think the fire department cap says 85 capacity seating
djcrap 10:28 AM - 7 January, 2018
Type of music is open format
Reggae
Soca
Dancehall
Reggeaton
Salsa
Bachata
Merengue
Brazilian music
Afrobeat
African music
Other genres of Latin music
House
Top40
Hip hop
80s,70s,90s

All in all any thing goes as long as its good music
djcrap 10:47 AM - 7 January, 2018
Am going to be pairing the yorkville sub with a ev elx112p speakers which they already have like 5 spread out . All they looking for is some killer bass from just one sub for the dance floor but able to thump the all room.
djcrap 10:55 AM - 7 January, 2018
Oh I for got to add for the restaurant hours or when dj is not playing they have a jukebox which has its own separate sound system composed of 16 sonos small speakers spread out into the ceiling.
deejayfatcat 3:08 PM - 7 January, 2018
Quote:
I want to know more about those EV ELX200 18SP speakers. They weigh 64 pounds. I do live sound by "myself" and would like to get 4 of them.

I demoed it yesterday. It’s a step up from the old elx which was terrible, but still not nearly as good as the ekx18sp.

The ekx is more musical, lower, less cabinet distortion, limits much later and only 200 more.

That said I would still like to to hear the elx 200 10 tops.
Taipanic 3:34 PM - 8 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

One of my drivers was overdriven at a gig when the headliner kept pushing all channels into the red all night and cooked the voice coil. The DSP in my amp only has one limiter, which I incorrectly had set on peak limiting, always learning....
I had two other Yorkvilles available so it was better to rent another one rather than bring out the single O.S. I plan on picking up another pair of Orbit Shifters this year and upgrading to amps with additional levels of protection.
How has your JTR rig been treating you?
Taipanic 3:40 PM - 8 January, 2018
Quote:
Am going to be pairing the yorkville sub with a ev elx112p speakers which they already have like 5 spread out . All they looking for is some killer bass from just one sub for the dance floor but able to thump the all room.
Oh I for got to add for the restaurant hours or when dj is not playing they have a jukebox which has its own separate sound system composed of 16 sonos small speakers spread out into the ceiling.

For that purpose the Yorkville should work out. Try to demo it first to see whether the one sub will work best in that room or multiple subs spread out.
SG SOUNDS 2:05 PM - 9 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

One of my drivers was overdriven at a gig when the headliner kept pushing all channels into the red all night and cooked the voice coil. The DSP in my amp only has one limiter, which I incorrectly had set on peak limiting, always learning....
I had two other Yorkvilles available so it was better to rent another one rather than bring out the single O.S. I plan on picking up another pair of Orbit Shifters this year and upgrading to amps with additional levels of protection.

still haven't test them out in the wild as yet, every time I get the money to pull the trigger on the amps something comes up to use the money elsewhere (that's what happens when you have a wife and kids lol) so they are just sitting there..for now I'm using my srx rigg for small gigs
SG SOUNDS 2:10 PM - 9 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

still haven't test them out in the wild as yet, every time I get the money to pull the trigger on the amps something comes up to use the money elsewhere (that's what happens when you have a wife and kids lol) so they are just sitting there..for now I'm using my srx rigg for small gigs

I might end up selling the JTR rig haven't made up my mind as yet
Taipanic 6:24 PM - 9 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you do, hit me up, I may be interested in a pair of subs or everything, depending on some things I have in the works.
SG SOUNDS 11:03 PM - 9 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you do, hit me up, I may be interested in a pair of subs or everything, depending on some things I have in the works.

will do
dj_soo 10:14 PM - 21 February, 2018
two more speakers to add to the list a 10" top (with a 2.5" voice coil!) and a 12" sub.

yorkville.com

yorkville.com
DJ GaFFle 12:43 AM - 22 February, 2018
What bugs me is how in the HELL does your 18" sub only go 2Hz lower than the 12" sub?!?!?!
dj_soo 12:49 AM - 22 February, 2018
I wish yorkville would publish their frequency ranges as they only show response. I'm willing to bet the 18 and 15 go lower at -10db than the 12.

I used the ps15s a bunch and did some tests and it definitely went lower than the 45hz it lists in the specs and only bottomed out around 38 or 39hz.

So likely the larger subs have a gentler roll-off than the smaller ones.
Shocase 10:43 PM - 25 February, 2018
Quote:

So is it safe to say you can run 2 ES18ps and 2 LS801pb's together without any cancellation or phasing issues?
Taipanic 3:03 PM - 26 February, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

So is it safe to say you can run 2 ES18ps and 2 LS801pb's together without any cancellation or phasing issues?

I didn't have any issues for that gig but results may vary with different cabs.
Johnnynights 1:45 AM - 7 March, 2018
Hey Taipanic since you rented a es18p do you think is better than the ls801p?

Lately I been using my 2 srx815p and 2 srx818sp combo but I have some big gigs coming up soon and I'm thinking to either add another Yorkie ls801p or sell my ls801p(which still has not been sold lol) or option b get the pair of the new es18ps?

Since its cheaper to just get another ls801p I'm thinking of going that route but would like to hear from your experience with the es18p.
SG SOUNDS 4:28 AM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:

Lately I been using my 2 srx815p and 2 srx818sp combo but I have some big gigs coming up soon and I'm thinking to either add another Yorkie ls801p or sell my ls801p(which still has not been sold lol) or option b get the pair of the new es18ps?

Since its cheaper to just get another ls801p I'm thinking of going that route but would like to hear from your experience with the es18p.

invest in 2 more srx818's or 1 srx828...your 2 srx815's will outrun your 2 srx818...get 2 more 818 and you will be pleased...the Yorkville subs are loud but the srx subs sounds so much better
dj_soo 7:17 AM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:

I've never used it at a gig, but I have tested the ES18P in the store and I think it sounds way better. A lot like the sound of the PS18S sub but with way more output and offers a much smoother sound with less of a big bump around the 70hz range.
Taipanic 2:43 PM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:

I think the new ones have some nicer features, better DSP and are easier to transport and pack in a vehicle. That being said, I just picked up a second LS801p for a price I couldn't say no to. If I were buying new Yorks, I would get the ES18s for sure.
Johnnynights 11:57 PM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

invest in 2 more srx818's or 1 srx828...your 2 srx815's will outrun your 2 srx818...get 2 more 818 and you will be pleased...the Yorkville subs are loud but the srx subs sounds so much better

Yeah I'm thinking of doing that lol getting either another 2 818sp or 1 828sp...your right the srx815 outrun the srx818sp...but on the York's idk....I'm thinking to just keep the ls801p but I want to look into the es18p..I'm a speaker addict lol..
Johnnynights 12:01 AM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I've never used it at a gig, but I have tested the ES18P in the store and I think it sounds way better. A lot like the sound of the PS18S sub but with way more output and offers a much smoother sound with less of a big bump around the 70hz range.

Nice info,i been looking into a pair...I just want to find one in person to demo...if it's smoother sounding than the ls801p that's a win.
Johnnynights 12:04 AM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I think the new ones have some nicer features, better DSP and are easier to transport and pack in a vehicle. That being said, I just picked up a second LS801p for a price I couldn't say no to. If I were buying new Yorks, I would get the ES18s for sure.

Yeah I been looking into them and seen that...Oh really nice if I find a ls801p for a good price I might just get it...lets see how it goes if I can get either 2 es18ps for a good price I'll get them...
Taipanic 2:22 PM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I been looking into them and seen that...Oh really nice if I find a ls801p for a good price I might just get it...lets see how it goes if I can get either 2 es18ps for a good price I'll get them...

My boy just picked up a pair of ES18s this week, I think he paid 1500 each on Reverb. We now have 5 Yorkvilles between us - 2 ES18s, 2 LS801ps & 1 LS800p - plus my JTR Orbit Shifters. We can knock some stuff off of the walls for sure.
JDforKing 2:27 PM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My boy just picked up a pair of ES18s this week, I think he paid 1500 each on Reverb. We now have 5 Yorkvilles between us - 2 ES18s, 2 LS801ps & 1 LS800p - plus my JTR Orbit Shifters. We can knock some stuff off of the walls for sure.

Do you see a financial return on the speakers you buy?
Taipanic 5:13 PM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:

I do, or plan to, based on what my expectations are for each piece of equipment I get. My original Yorkville LS800p has paid for itself 30 times over, at least. They are mostly bulletproof in my experience, so grabbing an additional one at a discount made sense to have a working pair. Some of my gear is purchased to be used in a club I am planning on opening in the near future, so return expectations for that equipment is different than my regular "working" DJ gear. Sound quality is important to me so I don't mind spending a bit extra to get it. Most of my DJ income can be reinvested if I see the need, as I also work a full time engineering position. In short, I do make a positive return on almost all of my gear, though some gear is on a longer timeline to be profitable. I only have a couple of pieces of gear that were bought as wants, rather than needs - like my Rane MP2015 mixer.
Dead Bug Doug 6:30 PM - 8 March, 2018
What is a kickass 18" sub I can use under my Yamaha DSR112's or DSR115's that is loud but won't break my back? I do live sound for some local bands in Rochester, NY.
eugguy 7:11 PM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
What is a kickass 18" sub I can use under my Yamaha DSR112's or DSR115's that is loud but won't break my back? I do live sound for some local bands in Rochester, NY.

Maybe EKX 18sp? Pretty light and loud. Maybe not as low as the others.
dj_soo 7:14 PM - 8 March, 2018
If you're looking for a single and not multiple, get the Yorkville es15p
dj_soo 7:14 PM - 8 March, 2018
Er es18p
JDforKing 10:26 PM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

I do, or plan to, based on what my expectations are for each piece of equipment I get. My original Yorkville LS800p has paid for itself 30 times over, at least. They are mostly bulletproof in my experience, so grabbing an additional one at a discount made sense to have a working pair. Some of my gear is purchased to be used in a club I am planning on opening in the near future, so return expectations for that equipment is different than my regular "working" DJ gear. Sound quality is important to me so I don't mind spending a bit extra to get it. Most of my DJ income can be reinvested if I see the need, as I also work a full time engineering position. In short, I do make a positive return on almost all of my gear, though some gear is on a longer timeline to be profitable. I only have a couple of pieces of gear that were bought as wants, rather than needs - like my Rane MP2015 mixer.

okay
dj_soo 4:14 AM - 24 October, 2018
My local Long and McQuade finally got one of the ES15P subs in and I gave it a bit of a demo today.

Sounded good - smooth, clean, loud. Didn't get anywhere near limit since it was in the store, but it was definitely pushing some serious air for a 15". Sizewise, it's about the same as an ETX15SP and just a little heavier.

Once they start stocking these things in the rental stock, I plan to give one a rent and try it out at gig levels, but looks like the loudest prosumer 15" sub on the market and despite the 45hz frequency range, it definitely felt deep.
dj_soo 9:56 PM - 10 December, 2019
Just grabbed an es15p for a rental - will be using at a mobile gig on Friday. I’ll let yall know how it sounds.
dj_soo 11:31 PM - 13 December, 2019
Haven’t even setup for the gig yet and 110lbs is just too heavy for one person imo. Just getting it in and out of my backseat is a pain in the ass.

Maybe if you have a truck with a ramp, but any stairs with this thing solo is going to be unrealistic imo.
dj scottie b 7:54 PM - 15 December, 2019
Quote:
Haven’t even setup for the gig yet and 110lbs is just too heavy for one person imo. Just getting it in and out of my backseat is a pain in the ass.

Maybe if you have a truck with a ramp, but any stairs with this thing solo is going to be unrealistic imo.

Hey Soo...whats ur opinion soundwise? thanks in advance
dj_soo 8:12 AM - 16 December, 2019
Sound quality was good - definitely a lot smoother than the older LS model Elite speakers.

I did two parties with it this weekend although I only DJ'd one of them and just set and sound-checked the other party.

In terms of volume, it hit really hard. I'd say it can easily outperform most 18" speakers in that price range although it falls short of producing more volume than 2 competing subs like the ES18Ps. Probably to scale, in my completely unscientific hunch, it'll be more like 1.5 the output of a standard 18" like the kw181. I did see the limit light go off at one point during my one party, but there was no noticeable hit to sound quality. The other party had a strict db cap of 95 and I was told they got some noise complaints when pushing it.

Depth was meh. It definitely bottomed out a lot for lower notes, you might get a few more hz out of it if you coupled a pair or more.

Throw was fantastic which is to be expected due to the horn loaded design.

Weight as mentioned is a turnoff - it's more manageable for one person than the ES18P, but it's still 110 lbs, and the size makes it awkward to lift for one person. Also not a fan of the 2 wheel design and would prefer 4 casters.

I think in terms of performance, I think you'll be hard pressed to find an 18" sub in that price range that will go as loud, although it's a lot bigger and heavier than most 18" subs in that price range and plenty of those options are going to go lower.
DJK@DJAYMONTREAL.COM 11:23 PM - 17 December, 2019
DJ Soo,

I got to use the es15p as well this year as I had smaller venue then what i was using the es18p last year.
was shocked at how well they performed compared to their bigger brothers and especially compared to the EKX-18SP i was used to.
for putting in a minivan i could see me using 4 of these for a large gig. this year i did not couple the subs as the bass was too deep last year as people kept asking us to turn the bass down.
But if i had a big high school gig, 4 of these for 500 people would be more than ok.

Thanks to you i looked into these and enjoy them, I like the ef12p tops but they are way too heavy for the output they produce i find.

I wish there was a magic speaker top that could throw 100 feet away 100 ft wide and have 105db in middle of dance floor, probably exists at 10 grand and 200 pounds lol
dj_soo 5:42 AM - 18 December, 2019
Yea, it's going to trounce the EKX18SP easily and probably a single will come close to a pair of them in volume. Specwise, it'll probably outperform the ETX18SP as well, although it doesn't go nearly as deep.

4 of the ES15Ps and you'll probably be set for 500 or under.

No real experience with the new Elite tops, but I've heard complaints that they limit a lot earlier than they probably should given the spec. I'm curious to hear the EF10Ps tho...
DJK@DJAYMONTREAL.COM 1:12 PM - 18 December, 2019
well one of the reviews from a renter on youtube says that the EF12p tops my show limit early but dont actually sound bad and that can be pushed way past the early limit.

I used to rent the ex401p, there were 200wrms powered 10s and were beasts, im sure the ef10p will be also. wonder if the es12p will be enough for most smaller gigs. although i love the deep bass from the ef15 and 18.,...if only i had a trailer to make it easy to get those in and out..

do you know anyone that has used the line array tops, not the new ones but the psa...on top of the es subs, I like my ekx12p tops but i wish i could have something that was more scalable, for over 200 people i find i cant just add another one as they dont throw enough but a line array could throw another on top and angled go further...

any big gigs lined up where you need lots of gear?
dj_soo 5:26 PM - 18 December, 2019
I’ve done a few gigs with those paraline tops. It sounds fine. I’m not the biggest fan of Yorkville tops, but they do the trick.

Pretty sure that review is from one of the regular posters on here.