DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Technics sl 1025 and sl 1015 for sale

Loril2402 2:38 AM - 7 April, 2017
I am selling my two Technics and have no idea where to start, besides Ebay. Does anyone know of a collector or the like? I am in the Detroit area.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 3:19 AM - 7 April, 2017
Those are more consumer turntables aimed at hipsters maybe before DJs on this forum.

Some of the Record Stores that sell vinyl may do something on consignment with you but all the ones I know that did things like that went out of business years ago.

Try calling around - Peoples Records, Street Corner Music, Detroit Threads and a few other hipster vinyl shops that are below my radar.

American Jewelry and loan will give you pennies for them (but you may get on TV!!).

Search ebay for the value, sell on Facebook marketplace maybe.
got2b Ru 1:06 AM - 14 April, 2017
research those decks. Those are NOT hipster decks. those are Technics audiophile decks based on the SP-25 and SP-15 chassis. I have seen them go for as little as $200 and as much as $1500 each in the past few years if they are in good shape. They are definitely NOT DJ decks anymore although they started out( the chassis anyway) as broadcast decks. they ARE worth good money to the right people if they are in good condition. You may want to check somewhere like audiokarma.org . That's a good place to find hi-fi audio enthusiast gear-heads.
Detroitbootybass 4:23 PM - 14 April, 2017
Agreed with got2b Ru, those are very nice turntables that would be quite welcomed in a very nice home system.

The value depends on the arm that it has (if I remember correctly, there were four different arm choices) and the condition.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 10:51 PM - 15 April, 2017
Quote:
Agreed with got2b Ru, those are very nice turntables that would be quite welcomed in a very nice home system.

You are from Detroit - YOU know what I mean when say Hipster HERE. Same crowd that would buy a Shinola watch that lives Downtown or in new Midtown - "new Detroit" people. They may buy vinyl from that Record shop INSIDE of that grocery store (can't remember the name) - no digging in dusty dirty record store.

They buy a $2000 or $4000 bike JUST to do Slo Roll Monday

I did search and saw $1500 to $2000 unsold prices on those tables (overseas somewhere).

Where would you suggest selling something like that?

There used to be a high end audio shop up woodward near Birmingham adjacent to Woodward Camera - Gramophone I think, wonder if it is still there.

Anyway sorry if my "hipster" comment confused you guys. What would you call 'em?
Detroitbootybass 5:42 PM - 17 April, 2017
Art, my agreement with got2b Ru was for the monetary value and the relative placement of those decks in Technic's lineup - that's all, nothing more. Honestly, when I scanned your comment, I never even saw the word 'hipster'. Sorry that my post misled you. :(

Turntables like those are best sold to people who are passionate about mid-to-high(er) end home audio components. Audiokarma.org was mentioned and is a good place to find those type of people (their median age is in the late-50s). Other similar sites would be vinylengine.com, audiogon.com, audioasylum.com, and Steve Hoffman's forum.

A record or audio shop is only going to play middle-man and offer about 1/5th the true value. An auction site, like eBay, can be hit or miss - same thing with Craigslist. If the OP joins audiokarma and makes a post (with pictures) about the two decks inquiring about the value, they are likely to get someone in the state - or even in the Great Lakes region - who'd be willing to drive to their home to audition and buy them. But that's just my opinion.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 6:02 PM - 17 April, 2017
Quote:
A record or audio shop is only going to play middle-man and offer about 1/5th the true value. An auction site, like eBay, can be hit or miss - same thing with Craigslist. If the OP joins audiokarma and makes a post (with pictures) about the two decks inquiring about the value, they are likely to get someone in the state - or even in the Great Lakes region - who'd be willing to drive to their home to audition and buy them

Gotcha... Just messing with u man - no biggie. You know how Detroit is changing,

Wasn't familiar with that audiokarma site - noted.

KEEP BANGIN!
Jase63 4:49 AM - 16 July, 2017
I am looking to buy a 1025 did you sell it yet? You can email me at northshore.jason@gmail.com