DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

SL1 Windows 7 64 Bit Driver Issues

OwenJohnston 9:33 PM - 21 March, 2017
Hi

I just got a new PC with Windows 7 64 bit. I had some driver issues with my previous PC (Vista) with SL1. It had the error message (!) beside the USB but still worked.

I am having absolutely no joy with this one whatsoever and I have tried everything I can find. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for 64 bit, downloaded scratch live 2.5. I keep updating drivers and i get the cmd with "SL1 driver updated successfully" and then I open the program and there is no hardware. I have tried 2 different usb cables and all different usb ports and nothing.

If anyone can help, I'd be forever grateful! Thanks!
OwenJohnston 9:36 PM - 21 March, 2017
I also get a Code10 error and says driver won't start
DJ Trice 1:00 PM - 22 March, 2017
If you know someone who have an SL2,3 or 4, check it and install the rane drivers on your computer.
Then, retry to plug your SL1.
OwenJohnston 1:29 PM - 22 March, 2017
Unfortunately I don't know anyone else with serato. I seem to be having he exact same error code10 as a few people on the forums from years back. My problem is I've only recently upgraded to Windows 7 from using vista for 10 years!

I think the only thing left to try is a powered USB hub as I've read that sl1 is USB 1.0 and my PC has 2.0. I've managed to get sl1 to work when no other USB device is plugged in, however I NEED a mouse and keyboard to navigate sl so it's pointless if it works.
AddamXavier 2:28 AM - 23 March, 2017
have tried running SDJ as administrator? For some reason i have a vague memory of that helping me at some point.
AddamXavier 2:28 AM - 23 March, 2017
have tried running SDJ as administrator? For some reason i have a vague memory of that helping me at some point.
OwenJohnston 7:27 AM - 23 March, 2017
I managed to get it to work and i honestly don't know how. I had the exact same problem as a lot of the posts on here from a few years back of the code 10 / win 7 / i5 problem. I unplugged all USB devices, plugged in sl1 to the front of the PC, it worked. I then expected the mouse and keyboard not to work when I plugged them into the back, but when I plugged them in only the mouse worked. I then switched the keyboard around and got a slot where it works...

I now need to work on getting my MIDI controller connected, but I'm worried about messing up everything else!