Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

apple music

tiege 10:39 PM - 28 February, 2017
i have a question i have been trying to get all of the music and playlists added to serato dj and its not working. I have discovered that all the purchased albums and tracks have been added that i paid fore before the yearly subscription but nothing after. so i added one track that i paid 1.29 for and sure enough it is there so does this mean i have to buy all of the music i want additionally to make this work ? i downloaded iTunes match but did nothing getting pretty frustrated with this i am using numark nv djcontorller any suggestions would help
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:11 PM - 28 February, 2017
Hi tiege,

Serato DJ doesn't support Apple Music, but does support music purchased through the iTunes store. You will need to purchase any tracks that you wish to DJ with.

Cheers,
Michael.
DJCraigJames 5:11 AM - 7 April, 2017
will there ever be a supported version?
because i've previously played apple music downloads in serato
popnwave 9:24 PM - 7 April, 2017
Quote:

You've probably played with music your bought via iTunes or imported into it, but no version of SDJ has ever played with tracks downloaded Apple Music as a service.
Laz219 11:11 AM - 8 April, 2017
Quote:

This would more rely on Apple allowing the music to be used in other software, which would primarily come down to licensing agreements- considering Serato is a program that's intended for 'public performance' use- Unless apple get agreements/plans in place for public use- I wouldn't expect this.

This is why pulselocker is used by a lot of companies- purely because their library is 'public use' certified.
Karolina Miller 8:03 AM - 8 May, 2017
You know Serato DJ doesn't support Apple Music now. And since the Apple Music are encrypted in M4P format, it can't be transferred and used on non-Apple devices. If you really want to add Apple Music songs to serato DJ, a possible way is convert the Apple Music to MP3 that works with serato DJ. Google has the detailed guide: www.apple-music-converter.net
azosound 7:39 PM - 28 March, 2018
With the NS6 you can have one of the channels use your Iphone and just play it. It works as a pass through so not much you can do to it besides just play.
djluckyb 1:48 AM - 9 September, 2018
Check this app that will let you convert Apple Music file to mp3 [link removed]

It is suggested to create a second iTunes library
www.imore.com
Imixnation Mixshows 10:23 PM - 4 July, 2019
Since iTunes will no longer be supported in the near future and Apple is pushing everyone to Apple music. I would advise to get on Tidal or Spotify ASAP. I just hope they support DJ intros for the mixshow DJs. I belong to a DJ pool so I get a all the latest updates. But having access to just about everything is a good ideal as a backup. I would get the premium packages for the higher quality files. From $9 to about $19 a month is not bad at all. Plus if your a serious DJ like myself that is just a drop in the bucket for all the music in the world.