Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

memory near full on mac. lagging issues w/serato software.. is this connected?

DJ Snuff One 7:53 PM - 27 February, 2017
last weekend i was out djing.. i'v been getting some issues on my left deck with lagging to the point i'v been using internal on the left deck for a few gigs.. now i'm getting it on both decks which makes it near impossible to mix.. at first i thought it was connections, needles, dirty vinyls, but after swapping everything round and having the same issue on the following night i can only assume it's a software issue.. i was told that my mac being too full may be the cause.. can anyone here confirm this?

i'm just about to back all my music up on external hard drive, and only keep selected playlist inside my mac/serato libery.. i'm also having a problem now though where my Macbook wont read my external hard drive, i'm not sure if this is also related to my mac being too full..

I currently have 163.81GB of 998.98GB

I use Macbook Pro (late 2011)
Processor 2.4 GHz intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1333MHz DDR3

currently been running on OS X Yosemite but have just today upgraded to OS Sierra

Would appreciate and help/advice.. thanks
Serato, Support
Jordan L 9:45 PM - 27 February, 2017
Hey there,

I would suggest sending our support team a help request from the link below. They'll assist you in resolving your issue.

support.serato.com

Cheers.
DJ Tecniq 4:53 PM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:
last weekend i was out djing.. i'v been getting some issues on my left deck with lagging to the point i'v been using internal on the left deck for a few gigs.. now i'm getting it on both decks which makes it near impossible to mix.. at first i thought it was connections, needles, dirty vinyls, but after swapping everything round and having the same issue on the following night i can only assume it's a software issue.. i was told that my mac being too full may be the cause.. can anyone here confirm this?

i'm just about to back all my music up on external hard drive, and only keep selected playlist inside my mac/serato libery.. i'm also having a problem now though where my Macbook wont read my external hard drive, i'm not sure if this is also related to my mac being too full..

I currently have 163.81GB of 998.98GB

I use Macbook Pro (late 2011)
Processor 2.4 GHz intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1333MHz DDR3

currently been running on OS X Yosemite but have just today upgraded to OS Sierra

Would appreciate and help/advice.. thanks
You may have a faulty Mac some 2011 mac machines had faulty graphics cards not saying that is the issue but maybe getting it to an Apple Store to get checked out would be a god idea also I would not suggest running a new operating system like Sierra on that old 2011 new OS X don't always play well with older machines. Lastly it's possible the RCA's are shot on both your turntables esp if you haven't replaced them in awhile. Bad RCA's can cause lag or even distortion issues with DVS. I know from experience cause one of my decks had bad signal and audio distortion when I would wiggle the rcas the signal tended to get better which confirmed they needed to be replaced. Good luck.
DJ Tecniq 4:54 PM - 28 February, 2017
Good*