Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

LEADPIPE 11:38 PM - 24 February, 2017
The features that I would like to see availeble from Serato DJ are as follows:

I would like to see them introduce three new levels of SDJ.

1) A basic level. The basic level would be stripped of all of the fluff meaning leave the barebones such as crates, columns, loops, cues etc but take out stuff such as keys track warning beat jumps flip color key display color waveforms and all of the added functions that cause heavy CPU usage.

2)a medium version.

3) the regular full version.

the reason I feel that those options are important, are because they are many DJ's that simply want to blend music, and they hardly ever use any effects or much of the fancy added functions offered in SDJ. Those are usually the DJ's that have huge music libraries, and thus have heavy CPU usage on their systems when searching for songs in Serato DJ. The added bloatware just boggs down their system and causes even a system with high spects to act very slugish.
AKIEM 2:01 AM - 27 February, 2017
Good Question.
LEADPIPE 2:05 AM - 27 February, 2017
Quote:
Good Question.

Thanks AKIEM :)
LEADPIPE 6:50 AM - 2 March, 2018
The next feature that i would like to see incorporated into Serato DJ Pro is:

A second search engine that connects to the internet.

Basically i want to have the ability to have the user connect a browser of thier choice (google chrome/Safari/Microsoft edge)

For the purpose of searching for mp3’s from the internet, the ability to download music on the fly from within Serato, and play the trach without having to leave the serato dj pro gui/platform.

Many would ask why? or why not just use your browser?

But the answer is to keep the user inside the Serato software experience throughout the users entire set.

Or have the ability to search for mp3’s on the internet from within Serato other than using white label (no offence, but most dj’s that i am aware of do not usethe white lable thing)

Just give Serato DJ Pro the ability to search, find and download music.

This does not infridge on copyright because links are provided by the user not Serato.
Dj Cellz 1 10:45 AM - 7 March, 2018
I would like to be able to have an option to use the headphones when using Serato Dj Pro in practice mode without a controller. This option would truly be beneficial when at home just going through new music.
Dj Cellz 1 10:50 AM - 7 March, 2018
I would like to be able to use the headphones to cue up the next song to be played without a controller in practice mode. With the use of an dual sound cards.
eli dee jay 2:17 PM - 7 March, 2018
Another suggestion is : when we work in autoplay mode we need an option that is called track end silence remove!becouse when we use serato in playlist mode with autoplay option enabled this option is very needet!
Nedded also,the +10 and wide pitch option!!
Marv Incredible 9:13 PM - 7 March, 2018
Quote:
we need an option that is called track end silence remove

What you need is to trim your files
AKIEM 12:06 AM - 8 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

what you need is a DJ.
Dj Ashwin 10:04 AM - 10 March, 2018
Hi,
I recently updated my previous version of Serato Dj to Serato Dj Pro, was wondering if there is any update on crate and folders option.

The previous versions never use to auto update newly added or removed tracks.

Example:
I have all my tracks in different folders and i usually dragg & drop these folders into serato dj and analize them.

When i add tracks or remove tracks from these folders they do not update automatically on serato dj.

Looking forward to have this in the future updated versions.
DJ Nostalgia 12:15 PM - 12 March, 2018
Quote:
When i add tracks or remove tracks from these folders they do not update automatically on serato dj.

Looking forward to have this in the future updated versions.

I never noticed it before SDJ Pro, but now - on the Setup screen - it says "Crates will be updated next time Serato is restarted" or something similar... kind of makes the 'Live updating' tick-box a bit pointless!!!
DJ Nostalgia 12:11 AM - 13 March, 2018
Quote:
what you need is a DJ.

No help if you are playing background music...

File editing - e.g. with Audacity - is hugely labour intensive.
What Serato needs is an 'auto-fade/automix' option, so that when the playing track drops below a preset volume level the next track is brought in.
AKIEM 12:38 AM - 13 March, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
what you need is a DJ.

No help if you are playing background music...

File editing - e.g. with Audacity - is hugely labour intensive.
What Serato needs is an 'auto-fade/automix' option, so that when the playing track drops below a preset volume level the next track is brought in.

LMAO

That is exactly what a DJ's job is.
djkee 10:57 PM - 16 March, 2018
Quote:
I would like to be able to use the headphones to cue up the next song to be played without a controller in practice mode. With the use of an dual sound cards.

Never gonna happen.

Serato is tied to soundcard hardware and you only get PFL if you are using approved soundcard.

Serato has to make money somehow and they are not gonna just let people DJ for free on it on any soundcard hardware. It isn't their business model.

Buy a DJ2GO
eli dee jay 11:33 AM - 17 March, 2018
hey people...i was talking when we play bacground music not when the dj is playing!! in playlist with autoplay enabled needed this option to remove track end silence!! or automix option! to many dj software have this option! i know very well that this option dont needed when the dj is playing! we use serato for diffrent events and so we like to have diffrent options in serato,this was my idea!!
DJ Nostalgia 4:28 PM - 18 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:

Not practical with a 10,000+ track Library...
DJ Nostalgia 4:37 PM - 18 July, 2018
Quote:
what you need is a DJ.

Quote:
LMAO

You're not listening...

For mobile DJ's, who are often asked to play background music or when working alone (most of the time!) need a 'comfort break', 'gapless' auto-play (or whatever you want to call it) is a must! iTunes can be 'Set' to do it, so it should be possible!
eli dee jay 8:50 PM - 18 July, 2018
Why not in serato this option? Is so hard 😂 it was just an answer,i know what the dj do but this option is for playlist mode not when the dj is mixing
MutterOberin 9:37 PM - 18 July, 2018
Quote:
For mobile DJ's, who are often asked to play background music or when working alone (most of the time!) need a 'comfort break', 'gapless' auto-play (or whatever you want to call it) is a must! iTunes can be 'Set' to do it, so it should be possible!

You can have a couple of premixed pieces in you library in a crate called "nature is calling" and you just drop them in, when you feel like a break. I have that around for different bpm ranges. So it does not matter if you are in warm up or later that night you always have some long stuff to bring in.
AKIEM 4:41 PM - 23 July, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
what you need is a DJ.

Quote:
LMAO

You're not listening...

so you need a DJ like I said.

You arn't listening.
Davster 4:32 PM - 25 July, 2018
1. Spotify Integration. There's a bigass thread on these forums about this. djay pro does it.

2. Hardware-less integration with CDJs. Why am I going to buy/lug around other Serato-enabled hardware just for the ability to use it with CDJs. djay pro does it. Come on.

3. Ability to use 3rd party VST / AU plugins. Per-channel effects and on the entire mix (could be useful for lighting software that looks at the audio). Not 100% necessary, but could be cool. djay does it. Some of us have large plugin libraries with awesome reverbs etc, and might want to do our own custom effects.

4. 'Fine' key shift control. I'm talking about a separate control from the speed with keylock off, not just whole tones. Traktor does it.

5. Track Play Count. There's a big thread on the forums about this. Colour changes for tracks already played in the current set. Too many times trying to search the history tab to see if I played something already, or having o drag the history to a new crate just to be able to search. (At least allow us to search our play history).

6. Day mode. Huge thread on this.

Quote:

Totally with you Nostalgia. It would be useful to have - the current autoplay function leaves us wanting. Big respect for AKIEM who apparently has a bladder of steel.

Having said that, Nostalgia, easy fix for you - if you have an iPad (or hell, an iPhone) download Serato Pyro, or Djay Pro for iPad. Connect the iPad to an input on your mixer and you can play from there whilst you need to have a break. Really good for random requests too.
djkee 2:50 AM - 16 October, 2018
What do you mean in #2? "hardwareless" Which hardware do you want to do without?

If you have the paid version of Serato, you can use with Pioneer DJM mixer and CDJ-2000NXS and all you need is USB cables (and maybe a USB hub).

Quote:
1. Spotify Integration. There's a bigass thread on these forums about this. djay pro does it.

2. Hardware-less integration with CDJs. Why am I going to buy/lug around other Serato-enabled hardware just for the ability to use it with CDJs. djay pro does it. Come on.

3. Ability to use 3rd party VST / AU plugins. Per-channel effects and on the entire mix (could be useful for lighting software that looks at the audio). Not 100% necessary, but could be cool. djay does it. Some of us have large plugin libraries with awesome reverbs etc, and might want to do our own custom effects.

4. 'Fine' key shift control. I'm talking about a separate control from the speed with keylock off, not just whole tones. Traktor does it.

5. Track Play Count. There's a big thread on the forums about this. Colour changes for tracks already played in the current set. Too many times trying to search the history tab to see if I played something already, or having o drag the history to a new crate just to be able to search. (At least allow us to search our play history).

6. Day mode. Huge thread on this.

Quote:

Totally with you Nostalgia. It would be useful to have - the current autoplay function leaves us wanting. Big respect for AKIEM who apparently has a bladder of steel.

Having said that, Nostalgia, easy fix for you - if you have an iPad (or hell, an iPhone) download Serato Pyro, or Djay Pro for iPad. Connect the iPad to an input on your mixer and you can play from there whilst you need to have a break. Really good for random requests too.
Hanginon 12:49 PM - 16 October, 2018
I'd like adjustable EQ turnover frequencies. For example, in the typical 3 band EQ controller, if the low to mid EQ turnover frequency could be set lower to 100hz, you can start to apply a lot more low frequency boost without it becoming boomy, or screwing up the mid range - assuming you have subs that can handle it.
AKIEM 11:31 PM - 29 November, 2018
Quote:

Bladder size tends to follow body size so a male and female of

Males have better, larger, and stronger urethra. Sphincters for stopping urine flow (this is known from anatomy and from measurements of urethral squeezing pressure). Therefore, on average males can hold their urine to higher pressures and therefore to higher volumes than females (this means more urine and longer holding times). As to room in the lower abdominal cavity, males have more room down there as they do not have a uterus laying right on top of their bladder like females do.
Hanginon 7:09 PM - 30 November, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not practical with a 10,000+ track Library...

If you're on Windows, you can use mp3DirectCut to trim your files -
mpesch3.de1.cc

It has a Batch option to remove audio below a user settable db level, and trims the mp3 file directly - there is no loss of fidelity.
djcrap 7:03 PM - 6 December, 2018
Serato partnership with rane and ableton gave us the bridge

Inmusic brand owns akai which means they have some sort of partnership with ableton because they make controllers for ableton.
In music also now owns rane which means some how they might own part of the bridge copy rights from rane.
Serato has a partnership with inmusic

So basically since inmusic brand has some sort of partnership to make hardware or controllers from both companies serato and ableton
I don’t see what’s holding up serato from pitching the idea of bringing back the bridge 2.0

Let inmusic brand make a bridge controller/ mpc with a sound card for ableton. Basically when connected the serato samplers/ decks are rewired into ableton
Shamrozk88 4:32 AM - 11 January, 2023
Hi, when I use Serato Lite, I'm not able to see which song is playing from the list in a crate. Is there a way for a feature to be incorporated in future version update where you can see visually some animation of bars moving up and down beside the name of the song playing in the list, it would be really helpful.

Thanks
Shamrozk88 4:39 AM - 11 January, 2023
Hi, is therea way to add a field in a crate list viewing window that shows 'date created' of the file from its properties details. This will be helpful to sort music by most recent to oldest songs in collection. Currently there is only a field for 'added' that displays the date song was added to serato, not orginally downloaded.

Thanks.
Mutis 12:36 PM - 11 January, 2023
Quote:
Serato partnership with rane and ableton gave us the bridge

Inmusic brand owns akai which means they have some sort of partnership with ableton because they make controllers for ableton.
In music also now owns rane which means some how they might own part of the bridge copy rights from rane.
Serato has a partnership with inmusic

So basically since inmusic brand has some sort of partnership to make hardware or controllers from both companies serato and ableton
I don’t see what’s holding up serato from pitching the idea of bringing back the bridge 2.0

Let inmusic brand make a bridge controller/ mpc with a sound card for ableton. Basically when connected the serato samplers/ decks are rewired into ableton

Why to depend on other when you can do it yourself?
The Bridge could be made with Serato studio and what’s better… mixtape feature!
Ableton is bloated and it started these days (maxforlive…) which ended in The Bridge fail and Bitwig born.
Serato can implement a better solution for he task they tried with The Bridge/mixtape and also develop a plugin (like its beggining) for those who want scratch inside Ableton (and don’t know about the available options like scratch track plugin) getting all the market without giving any control to any third party.

Why isn’t already done? Probably revenue flows. The market for these solutions should be smaller than whatever is focusing Serato or these solutions depend on some kind of patent (maybe public) which makes them unreliable from commercial standpoint. Since the NIvsN2iT lawsuit there have been some stagnation in the field to be fair…
cotdagoo 8:00 PM - 12 January, 2023
Developers are sleeping on Serato DJ features for at least 10+ years that we've been requesting meaningful updates.

The Bridge was dope, but the "collaboration" failed I'm assuming due to Serato's inability to update their old ScratchLive code without a full re-code, which was required for Serato DJ from what I recall. They could replicate the Bridge in Serato Studio/Serato DJ easily, but that would mean that Serato DJ developers would have to do some innovative work, which doesn't seem like they enjoy doing at all.

Serato Remote for iPad is just a big ball of dust in the corner, dropped like it was a hot potato with no updates in ages.

Serato Video still uses Quicktime codecs.. pretty embarrassing in 2023, also not had any relevant updates in ages.

So much opportunity wasted.. They were a industry leading DVS software at one point - now you can't even buy a audio interface supported by Serato DJ 2.6 to even use vinyl timecode unless it's a full mixer or controller.

I would be hard pressed as a beginner to land on Serato DJ as the best option now, but it was the only valid option for years until the world caught up.. Now it just looks like they've been slacking all this time, when others were innovating and lapping them in features. Kinda sad.
cotdagoo 8:03 PM - 12 January, 2023
There's nothing else on the market that comes close to what The Bridge was capable of.. but they'd rather follow trends and add steaming services or stems. Sad that such a unique and useful idea isn't getting the praise it deserves from developers.
Mutis 10:54 PM - 12 January, 2023
Quote:
There's nothing else on the market that comes close to what The Bridge was capable of.. but they'd rather follow trends and add steaming services or stems. Sad that such a unique and useful idea isn't getting the praise it deserves from developers.

Exactly what…? Because syncing Ableton with any cappable enabled (Ableton) Link can do what was the Bridge and scratch track plugin can record automation even for scratch vector not only xfade movements etc…

What else you miss? Just curious…
AKIEM 6:05 AM - 16 January, 2023
Quote:
Quote:

Exactly what…? Because syncing Ableton with any cappable enabled (Ableton) Link can do what was the Bridge and scratch track plugin can record automation even for scratch vector not only xfade movements etc…

What else you miss? Just curious…

nah.... Im not going to bother getting into details because the ship has sailed. but the Link implementation is ass comparitevely. I think my main issue was having to hit a Sync button every time you load a song..... for example.... doubt anything has changed....
Mutis 7:32 AM - 16 January, 2023
Don’t need to mate I remember your pain.

Serato needs a main deck like Traktor so Global sync Link and then each deck attaches/detaches to it with on/off like traktor and problem solved.

The flaw isn’t only Link implementation but Serato’s. I’m not going to ask anybody to change their workflow as a solution of course. Serato need smarter people on R+D… alongside someone reading forum post that yours or similar users pointing flaws and solutions.
Mutis 10:23 AM - 16 January, 2023
Btw…
community.native-instruments.com

It isn’t perfect in Traktor neither.
AKIEM 8:07 PM - 16 January, 2023
Quote:
Don’t need to mate I remember your pain.

Serato needs a main deck like Traktor so Global sync Link and then each deck attaches/detaches to it with on/off like traktor and problem solved.

The flaw isn’t only Link implementation but Serato’s. I’m not going to ask anybody to change their workflow as a solution of course. Serato need smarter people on R+D… alongside someone reading forum post that yours or similar users pointing flaws and solutions.

Exactly. But I meant Serato's implementation of Link is ass. Link itself, I dont really have a problem with (not that I use it). Its like they just threw it on without considering any type of workflow. As much as I dislike a 'Global Clock' that would be better than ass. lmao

I think there is a way it could be done (if I remember correctly) without the global clock, maybe it had to do something automatically - since its a damn computer....

Its weird how there are so many individual developers out there who are somehow able to get work flows right while larger companies keep putting out retarded solutions.
Mutis 8:23 PM - 16 January, 2023
+1
LEADPIPE 6:28 AM - 31 January, 2023
I think it is time for Serato DJ Pro to re-fresh the Crates:

Idea :

When more then one hard drive is connected, each drive should have a highly visual way that shows separately the (internal drive crates vs external drive crates) perhaps via color or highlight or drive name!!!
Shamrozk88 1:23 AM - 9 March, 2023
Hi, when I use Serato Lite, I'm not able to see which song is playing from the crate list. Is there a way for a feature to be incorporated in future update where you can see visually which song is playing, for e.g the song row is highlighted a different colour in the crate list.
LEADPIPE 6:40 AM - 24 July, 2023
With the new acquisition of Serato, I think it is time that Serato DJ Pro get a re-vamped fresh new look, a completely new skin overhaul.

I would like Serato to say to it's users, the following:

With the exciting acquisition of Serato, I strongly believe that it's high time for Serato DJ Pro to undergo a revitalizing transformation, encompassing a completely revamped and fresh new look. The integration of Serato into our portfolio opens up a world of possibilities, and we are committed to taking the software to new heights.

Our vision for Serato DJ Pro's future is to provide users with a cutting-edge experience, combining innovation and user-friendliness. As we embark on this journey, we recognize the importance of staying true to the core features that have made Serato a trusted name among DJs worldwide, while infusing it with a modernized aesthetic.

In this overhaul, we will focus on enhancing the user interface, streamlining navigation, and optimizing the overall performance. The redesigned skin will not only be visually appealing but also intuitively designed to empower DJs with seamless control over their music and sets.

We understand that the DJ community has diverse needs, so we plan to offer customizable options that allow users to tailor the interface to their preferences. Whether you're a seasoned professional or a budding DJ, the new Serato DJ Pro will cater to your unique style and workflow.

Moreover, we are committed to listening to the feedback and suggestions from our passionate community of users. Your input will be invaluable in shaping the future of Serato DJ Pro, and we will actively incorporate your ideas to ensure that the software truly meets the demands of modern DJs.

In conclusion, the acquisition of Serato marks a new chapter in our journey, and we are eager to deliver a game-changing experience to our users. The upcoming re-vamped Serato DJ Pro, with its fresh new look and improved functionality, will undoubtedly set a new standard in the DJ software landscape. Stay tuned for updates as we work tirelessly to make this vision a reality. Together, we'll redefine the art of DJing.
sKo0k 3:34 PM - 11 October, 2023
I'm not excited about the acquisition at all but it wont effect me in the least.
It is currently being investigated I know that.
The current version of Serato is sufficient for my needs.
Should the investigation fail to find any impropriety, I fear you guys will be forced to use an inferior product with a new subscription plan.
sKo0k 3:50 PM - 11 October, 2023
What is the point of new features when..........

Can Serato ask his daddy Pioneer why he is favouring Rekordbox by only allowing them use the touch function on the touchscreen display and disabling the touchscreen display completely for Serato users on the Opus Quad.