Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DJM-S9 echo out

eddie3911 12:13 AM - 19 February, 2017
the echo out throws me off beat everytime I use it. Does it with all versions of Serato DJ. Does this happen to anyone else??? Works perfect with my NS7ii.
Macbook Pro
i5
16gb RAM
1tb SSD
DJ Tecniq 3:33 AM - 19 February, 2017
Quote:
the echo out throws me off beat everytime I use it. Does it with all versions of Serato DJ. Does this happen to anyone else??? Works perfect with my NS7ii.
Macbook Pro
i5
16gb RAM
1tb SSD
which fx are you using the left panel or right panel fx on the mixer?
eddie3911 10:17 PM - 20 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Macbook Pro
i5
16gb RAM
1tb SSD

It does it with both sides
DJ Tecniq 10:35 PM - 20 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Macbook Pro
i5
16gb RAM
1tb SSD

and you are using auto bpm?
eddie3911 12:28 AM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Macbook Pro
i5
16gb RAM
1tb SSD

yeah
DJ Tecniq 1:24 PM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Macbook Pro
i5
16gb RAM
1tb SSD

yeah
I'm gonna assume your parameters length isn't set correctly. Try "1" or "1/2" parameter.
Despo 1:45 PM - 22 February, 2017
I had this problem too. Then i installed the serato 1.9.6 beta and it went away
DJ Tecniq 1:51 PM - 22 February, 2017
I do know that with the right panel fx the echo out is off beat at times...this is just Serato DJ's built in fx we have mentioned this to them over & over since echo out was introduced and it's still not been fixed. However the left panel are Pioneers built in fx which work absolutely fine for me and no delay.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:38 PM - 22 February, 2017
Quote:
Macbook Pro
i5
16gb RAM
1tb SSD

Hey,

Please send us a help request from the link below. If the auto BPM setting is on this shouldn't be happening.

support.serato.com

Our support team will be in touch.

Cheers.
eddie3911 6:06 AM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:
I do know that with the right panel fx the echo out is off beat at times...this is just Serato DJ's built in fx we have mentioned this to them over & over since echo out was introduced and it's still not been fixed. However the left panel are Pioneers built in fx which work absolutely fine for me and no delay.

Yeah the mixer fx work great. its the echo out on the Serato FX that throws it off beat. it works perfectly with my NS7ii and my buddies Pioneer DDJ T1 mapped for SDJ.
eddie3911 6:08 AM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:
I had this problem too. Then i installed the serato 1.9.6 beta and it went away

Im using the current 1.9.6 BETA version too and it still does it.
DJ Tecniq 7:55 AM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:
Yeah the mixer fx work great. its the echo out on the Serato FX that throws it off beat. it works perfectly with my NS7ii and my buddies Pioneer DDJ T1 mapped for SDJ.
That's interesting cause the echo out had the same problem with my SL3. It would work and then other times it wouldn't. I find it hard to believe this bug has lasted so long. Almost at SDJ 2.0 and nothing has been resolved. So shitty thank god for Pioneer fx🙌🏼
Djease202 4:49 AM - 24 March, 2019
I have this same issue. I have the S9 mixer and Using Serato DJ. My FX side echo out on the right side of the mixer echos out off beat. Same issue that everyone else was having. Has anyone found a fix to this issue?
Djease202 4:16 PM - 25 May, 2019
Has anyone figured out this issue? I've had this issue since I've had my S9.
DJ Tecniq 5:09 PM - 25 May, 2019
Quote:
Has anyone figured out this issue? I've had this issue since I've had my S9.
No. stop using the SDJ echo out. Use the Pioneer on the left side if you want it to sound good with your mixes or if you like hearing off beat fx then stick to the right side...
Djease202 5:14 PM - 25 May, 2019
I see echo on the left side but I don't see echo out. Do you mind guiding me through please...
DJ Tecniq 8:04 PM - 25 May, 2019
Quote:
I see echo on the left side but I don't see echo out. Do you mind guiding me through please...
Its the same thing. It won’t “echo out” till you trigger the toggle switch. You sound very new to the S9 or mixers in general. Check out some tutorials on YouTube there’s plenty on the S9.
Djease202 3:01 PM - 26 May, 2019
No sir! Been DJing for over 30 years. Just not to familiar with this S9. I just purchased it not to long ago. So any help is appreciated until I learn this thing.
Despo 5:32 PM - 26 May, 2019
you have to pull the channel fader down additionally, it doesnt echo out on its own
DJ Tecniq 9:37 PM - 26 May, 2019
Quote:
you have to pull the channel fader down additionally, it doesnt echo out on its own
yup i left that part out lol whoops
Andrei Matei 7:32 AM - 28 May, 2019
The Serato software effects are just as bad as when SDJ initially dropped. At this point I think it’s futile to keep asking for a fix. I mix really cleanly with Rane HW effects on 62 and 72. So much better in fact that when I stopped using controllers, all my DJ buddies noticed the improvement and asked if I have been practicing more. Ha.

I think the state of things for the foreseeable future is hang up the controllers or anything that doesn’t have HW effects and just realize the trouble of bringing a larger/heavier component setup is worth how much better you’ll sound if you rely on these HW effects often for your transitions.
DJ Tecniq 7:37 AM - 28 May, 2019
Quote:
The Serato software effects are just as bad as when SDJ initially dropped. At this point I think it’s futile to keep asking for a fix. I mix really cleanly with Rane HW effects on 62 and 72. So much better in fact that when I stopped using controllers, all my DJ buddies noticed the improvement and asked if I have been practicing more. Ha.

I think the state of things for the foreseeable future is hang up the controllers or anything that doesn’t have HW effects and just realize the trouble of bringing a larger/heavier component setup is worth how much better you’ll sound if you rely on these HW effects often for your transitions.
I would have to agree I recorded my mix over mem day weekend and didn’t like the software fx at all but the venues booth was small enough to fit my SR2 w/case so I just dealt with it. Would of much rather had my S9 & t-tables.
DJ Tecniq 7:39 AM - 28 May, 2019
I kinda stuck with the epic reverb fx cause the echo out never sounds right anyway...going to stop using it all together cause it’s off time every other song...POS
DJ JulioYEG 3:52 AM - 29 May, 2019
Quote:
I kinda stuck with the epic reverb fx cause the echo out never sounds right anyway...going to stop using it all together cause it’s off time every other song...POS

what pack is the reverb from?
DJ Tecniq 4:54 AM - 29 May, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

what pack is the reverb from?
I think it’s Wolfpack fx but i really have no idea cause i have all of them.
Djease202 11:34 AM - 29 May, 2019
I've heard many people who is using the toggle and echo out that works great. But I can't figure out how to make it work myself. It's like a half beat off when I engage the toggle to echo out.
DJ JulioYEG 9:40 PM - 29 May, 2019
Quote:
I've heard many people who is using the toggle and echo out that works great. But I can't figure out how to make it work myself. It's like a half beat off when I engage the toggle to echo out.

wdym toggle?