DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Serato scratch live / Mac os

Chonch 8:40 PM - 17 February, 2017
Hello,
I need some professional advice. I have the ancient TTM 57 SL. I learned the hard way by upgrading to El Capitan. I can't mix! 😂! Should I go back to Yosemite or upgrade to Sierra!??? Please help!!!
DJ Guayo 9:37 PM - 17 February, 2017
downgrade to Mavericks 10.9. Neither one of those will work with SSL
Chonch 9:42 PM - 17 February, 2017
Hello DJ Guayo! Thx a million. Once I downgrade will I have to up load the scratch live app? Is it easy to save my crates & re install them? I'm not very computer savvy!
DJ Guayo 9:55 PM - 17 February, 2017
make sure to backup your crates and music files.

support.serato.com

this will on back up library crates. You still need to backup your music. Make sure you have all that done before downgrading. Also make sure the apple computer itself supports Mavericks (10.9)
Chonch 9:57 PM - 17 February, 2017
Thanks again! I really appreciate it DJ GUAYO! CHEERS!!! 🍻🍻🍻
Mr. Goodkat 10:51 PM - 17 February, 2017
yosemite works with ssl
Chonch 10:55 PM - 17 February, 2017
Thank you Mr. Goodkat!
DJ Guayo 1:11 AM - 18 February, 2017
Quote:
yosemite works with ssl

Really? That's good to know. I didn't see it listed on the website.

serato.com
Mr. Goodkat 10:54 PM - 18 February, 2017
been using it all year since, i had problems with sdj everything past mountain lion.

but i see what you are sayin, wonder why they dont have 10.10 on the website?
pdidy 9:08 PM - 23 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
yosemite works with ssl

Really? That's good to know. I didn't see it listed on the website.

serato.com

Correct it's not listed because Yosemite is not "officially" supported with scratchlive. BUT.......Yosemite is one of the rare exceptions to the rule, due to a lot of testing we have confirmed it works very well.
Chonch 6:00 PM - 25 February, 2017
Hello again!
I'm hoping someone can give some tech tips!
I just converted my Mac back to Yosemite. I have my external hard drive conected however all my crates are pink! What do you suggest???
Thx!
Chonch 6:50 PM - 25 February, 2017
So I just tested the 57sl on Yosemite 10.10.5 & it's not reading the mixer! 😂😂😂 going back to apple for maverick
Mr. Goodkat 1:20 AM - 26 February, 2017
ssl will work with yosemite, not sure about the 57 though. someone will probably have an answer
Chonch 1:27 AM - 26 February, 2017
It did! I had to download the 2.5 version. My disc was the 2.0!
Are you able to tell me how to transfer music from external hard drive to internal with crates?