Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

1.9.6 - Looping Improvements

6:00 PM, 8 Mar 2017
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Smartus 1:46 PM - 12 March, 2017
I was very excited about favorite FX and then very disillusioned when I tried it:

The only thing that is saved is which effects are assigned (and if it's a 1- or 3-slot-FX-setup).

Please have a look into saving the full FX settings (or at least the ones you control via buttons). For example, I use the tape delay a lot and always use it in "send level" "mix mode". But since the default is "wet mix" I find myself re-choosing "send level" a lot. I had hoped this would now be a thing of the past - but apparently, it isn't since that setting is not saved.
lindsaymar 7:36 PM - 15 March, 2017
Is there any chance of Serato separating the loop & cue options?
I want chronological cues but I don't want chronological loops (like how it was pre 1.9.6.)

The reason I need my loops non-chronologically ordered is I often put my outro loop as the 2nd on my list (if there's no other saved loops on the track.) That way I can see that the loop is near the end of the track at a quick glance at my list.
(I also have a code of putting a "V" on the 2nd loop in the list as a way of signifying that there's another loop below the 2nd loop which is not being shown, which seems like an unnecessary work around.)

What would be better, is showing where all the loops will be on the main wave form. At the moment, if you don't remember where you placed saved loops, you have to select them to see their whereabouts on the waveform (or read the time written with the loop, then find an approximation of that time on the waveform which is pretty useless.)
I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I just love loops but try to only use 2 per track (because that's all that's shown)
I just think showing all the loops on the waveform would make loops so much easier to work with IMHO.
vinmeisterb 3:51 AM - 31 March, 2017
Unable to use adjust BRAKING under DJ Preferences on a Pioneer DDJ SX. Ticket opened with support a few days ago with zero updates on the status.
Gosoden 12:50 AM - 1 April, 2017
When you select a new track the head phones would automatically switch to the new track that has since been removed..... Any chance of bringing that back?
vinmeisterb 2:55 AM - 2 April, 2017
Quote:
Unable to use adjust BRAKING under DJ Preferences on a Pioneer DDJ SX. Ticket opened with support a few days ago with zero updates on the status.

A friend of mine help me figure out the issue. Disregard
Fatwires 10:38 AM - 2 April, 2017
how about some high quality fx to begin with??? (i guess vst hosting is asking too much.)

as for effects in general, nowadays it is easy to find free tools online or in your fav tech magazine that outdo all serato's built in FX in much higher quality and with greater flexibility. i rely on FX in my mixing and i'm really tired of the poor and boring quality of the available FX packs...
audiomontana 9:07 PM - 24 October, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

A friend of mine help me figure out the issue. Disregard

How was it resolved ? I am having the same problem.